ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football Proposal

RFSNES

True Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
7 Game Season (6 division Games and 1 Cross Division Game)
Division games only count for your Division Title
Cross division to be decided on Rivalry or Competitive Status from history IE: Wi/MI , IA/OH, PU/IU
3 Home games/3 away Games for Divisional games Cross Divisional Games To be determined.
Week 8, Big 10 Championship
Season: April/May

Food for thought...How about yours.

7 Game Season (6 division Games and 1 Cross Division Game)
Division games only count for your Division Title
Cross division to be decided on Rivalry or Competitive Status from history IE: Wi/MI , IA/OH, PU/IU
3 Home games/3 away Games for Divisional games Cross Divisional Games To be determined.
Week 8, Big 10 Championship
Season: April/May

Food for thought...How about yours.
I could get behind the number of games. I'd probably make it a March-April season though. And I'd push back the start of 2021 until late September (and you'd probably have to make it an abbreviated schedule too to be honest).

My reasoning is that only have June & July off to get ready for August camp before the 2021 season kicks off is asking an awful lot of the kids' bodies. And if a kid tore an ACL in late April (half way through the proposed season), he'd end up missing the entire following season too most likely.

I don't even necessarily think that only having May-June-July-August in my "plan" is enough of a break for them, but if they're set on having a season, the longer the better on the gap.

I agree with Urban Meyer. There is no way the players can play 2 seasons that close together. Spring will be a no go.
I think it depends on how the Big XII, ACC, and SEC do should they actually play. If they play relatively uninterrupted then I think the Big Ten will have to play to save some face. They won't save much though.

Either way, the only way the Big Ten doesn't end up with egg on its face is if the other conferences cancel or their seasons are littered with cancellations.

I agree with Urban Meyer. There is no way the players can play 2 seasons that close together. Spring will be a no go.

And for the players with NFL possibilities, no way I play in Spring to be an NFL rookie come September.

Reactions: TMFT
Would a college football double elimination tournament work in the spring?

1. I haven't done the math on it but the majority of teams would not be playing anywhere close to 2 seasons in 1 calendar year.

2. Could play games anywhere, therefore weather wouldn't be an issue.

3. Still have a champion

4. Borderline NFL guys get game film in

ADVERTISEMENT