ADVERTISEMENT

Spegal to IU

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
Didn’t say if it was in scholarship or not, but he committed to IU via twitter about 14 minutes ago. So, at least that saga is over.

Edit: It was later tweeted that it is as a preferred walk on.

Last edited:
I looked at IU's schedule for next year. I'm seeing 4 or 5 wins for the fighting TA's.

Actually I think their schedule is really easy next year too. 6-7 wins if they can capitalize on all the possible wins like they did this year. They will not be winning the bucket next year though. I’d bet on it.

Actually I think their schedule is really easy next year too. 6-7 wins if they can capitalize on all the possible wins like they did this year. They will not be winning the bucket next year though. I’d bet on it.

Yeah, another junior varsity level non-conference schedule.

Reactions: DAG10 and delarno
Winning matter's ~
Ya their #55 ranked recruiting class begs to differ and that’s probably going to tank more with their 2 -2 star commits today. LOL. Purdue at #27 with a down year. I’d be scared if I was you too. And you do understand what a walk on means ? A real miss for Brohm. Sure !!

Last edited:
Reactions: IUhaterade
I've got to think they might beat Rutgers next year but with Lovie getting it going and I think Nebraska will be better they might go 2-7 in the B1G.

I've got to think they might beat Rutgers next year but with Lovie getting it going and I think Nebraska will be better they might go 2-7 in the B1G.

Everyone thought Nebraska would be better this year though... what makes you think next year is their breakthrough?

IU will win at least 7 games next season. Just my opinion

Well, yet another really weak non-conference schedule so there's that going for you. At least no FCS opponents this time

Everyone thought Nebraska would be better this year though... what makes you think next year is their breakthrough?

Agree. I don't see a big jump(if any) for Nebraska and Illinois looks to lose quite a few guys(especially from the transfers they've brought in). I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois took a step back.

Thank God that is over. As it has been said many times on this board... Walk-On.

Maybee Milwaukee and NewPal can now admit that they were wrong about him being P5 scholarship caliber.

I look forward to beating the crap out of him over the next 4-5 years!
Never said Purdue should offer him. Will you admit you were wrong if IU puts him on scholarship?

IU will win at least 7 games next season. Just my opinion
If the sun, moon, and stars all perfectly line up in 2020.....they've got a SHOT at 7.......
Seven will be their ceiling.....NOT their floor.....

Never said Purdue should offer him. Will you admit you were wrong if IU puts him on scholarship?

No... because no one ever ever said that he would never earn a scholarship at any point in his career. We said he would not offered a scholarship to come play at a P5 school.

I would prefer Purdue going to the Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl verses talking about how great we are and how great our recruiting is.

So minn and IU play a soft non-conference schedule. So what ! As I said, I'd prefer watching Purdue in the gator bowl verses reading all these boastfull posts any day.

I would prefer Purdue going to the Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl verses talking about how great we are and how great our recruiting is.

So minn and IU play a soft non-conference schedule. So what ! As I said, I'd prefer watching Purdue in the gator bowl verses reading all these boastfull posts any day.

I get that, but were any of IU's non-con games televised or covered remotely well? I am sure somebody covered them, but I do not recall ever seeing anything about any of them. Purdue's definitely were. So the better question may be would you trade not watching your team for most of the first month for an average at best bowl game? Your answer will likely remain the same due to the current time being bowl season, but I bet you would change your mind given different timing.

Personally, I want to see Purdue win more than anything. With that being said, I hate 1) when it becomes virtually impossible to get good coverage of a game and 2) it is not really that fun watching Purdue roll over teams for a month.

I get that, but were any of IU's non-con games televised or covered remotely well? I am sure somebody covered them, but I do not recall ever seeing anything about any of them. Purdue's definitely were. So the better question may be would you trade not watching your team for most of the first month for an average at best bowl game? Your answer will likely remain the same due to the current time being bowl season, but I bet you would change your mind given different timing.

Personally, I want to see Purdue win more than anything. With that being said, I hate 1) when it becomes virtually impossible to get good coverage of a game and 2) it is not really that fun watching Purdue roll over teams for a month.
This year was actually pretty good as far as coverage for big 10 teams go. I am an IU fan but love watching big 10 football and I'd say 90% of big ten games were on BTN, espn, or big name tv station (cbs, abc, fox ect)
The only game that really wasnt well covered was the ball state game because it was on CBSSN which for some reason isnt included on the sports package of most cable companies but i used a 7 day free trial to watch the game.

He's going to be a tackling dummy for the first string defense so they don't risk injury to a scholarship player.
Great move by iu.
I'm sure they'll be impressed by his 4.9 40.

Reactions: JRowdy20
He's going to be a tackling dummy for the first string defense so they don't risk injury to a scholarship player.
Great move by iu.
I'm sure they'll be impressed by his 4.9 40.
Wrong on every count. He’s better than Sampson James right now. He’ll be on scholarship before his junior year.

If the sun, moon, and stars all perfectly line up in 2020.....they've got a SHOT at 7.......
Seven will be their ceiling.....NOT their floor.....

They will get 6.. will need to beat MSU or us for 7. They may get 7 because MSU May fall off similar to how no one thought Northwestern and to a lesser extent Nebraska would be as bad as they were this year.

The thing about IU is perception. They’ve got a big huge problem.

It’s called Wisconsin.

It’s much easier to recruit, even if you go 6-6, if you start 5-0 than it is when you open at Wisconsin and get absolutely curb stomped by a fresh Wisconsin team.

Lmao we ran the ball on them. What do you think the badgers are gonna do??

Wrong on every count. He’s better than Sampson James right now. He’ll be on scholarship before his junior year.
I must of missed where Spegal was offered a scholarship by OSU like Samson was. Oh wait that’s right NO One offered him a scholarship. I think what you meant was he’s older than Sampson James right now. Maybe they can redshirt him. So he will be a possible redshirt senior who’s 25 if they’re in a bowl game that year. LOL

Where is Milwaukeeboiler?

f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

I must of missed where Spegal was offered a scholarship by OSU like Samson was. Oh wait that’s right NO One offered him a scholarship. I think what you meant was he’s older than Sampson James right now. Maybe they can redshirt him. So he will be a possible redshirt senior who’s 25 if they’re in a bowl game that year. LOL
None of that disproves what I said.

Spegal will be behind Stevie Scott, Sampson James, Ronnie Walker and likely Tim Baldwin when he gets on campus. If he climbs that depth chart, that means he's pretty good.

None of that disproves what I said.
No what you gave was opinion. What I gave was facts. Pretty sure you know less about recruiting and recruits than the OSU staff. Maybe I’m wrong about that. LOL. Your boy is also about maxed out strength wise and is 20 years old. James has a higher ceiling. Spegal is at his.

ADVERTISEMENT