ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Fouls

Given the way Edey gets called for elbows, Loyer can get leveled to the floor and it's just an accident....kinda feel there's some prejudice on the Maple. I ll bet his ppg would be closer to 30 if they called half the fouls on him they should be doing.
Sorry, the hit on Loyer was 100% incidental.

There was a referee standing 5 feet away from the hit and didn’t blow his whistle until Fletch was lying face down on the floor. I’m not sure how he missed it.

Given the way Edey gets called for elbows, Loyer can get leveled to the floor and it's just an accident....kinda feel there's some prejudice on the Maple. I ll bet his ppg would be closer to 30 if they called half the fouls on him they should be doing.
In fairness, it seems like Edey doesn't get called for nearly as many elbows as Haas did...I think Zach has a much better sense of spatial awareness.

I believe Edey is fouled almost every time he receives the ball, sometimes multiple times. Real fouls, not tricky take or my homer eyes fouls. Most of these fouls would be called if it were Any other college ball player. Painter says 7 fouls for every foul actually called. So yes, he is likely fouled 30 times per game. As for him fouling, he has caught some breaks, but he is smart on defense juat blocking and altering with his height, not jumping much or at someone. On offense, just like his movement and smoothness on his shots has improved dramatically this year, he is smarter with his elbows when the opponent is leaning on him and fouling him.

I believe Edey is fouled almost every time he receives the ball, sometimes multiple times. Real fouls, not tricky take or my homer eyes fouls. Most of these fouls would be called if it were Any other college ball player. Painter says 7 fouls for every foul actually called. So yes, he is likely fouled 30 times per game. As for him fouling, he has caught some breaks, but he is smart on defense juat blocking and altering with his height, not jumping much or at someone. On offense, just like his movement and smoothness on his shots has improved dramatically this year, he is smarter with his elbows when the opponent is leaning on him and fouling him.
Well said

ADVERTISEMENT