ADVERTISEMENT

South End Zone news?

BoilerBiker

All-American
Oct 13, 2006
per a last week purdue football tweet, i thought today was when MB was going to discuss or reveal something about the new project?

Originally posted by BoilerBiker:
per a last week purdue football tweet, i thought today was when MB was going to discuss or reveal something about the new project?

Nothing yet.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We'll know more tomorrow.

I never get to say that. Now I see why everybody else does!

The AD tweet jumped the gun. MB is not ready to discuss it. Don't expect anything this month.

I think the best thing we (Purdue) should do at this point in time is to do nothing! Until the team improves on the field in terms of wins and until attendance picks up significantly then we should to pour any money into the South End Zone. The reason I say this is that I do not think a structure in of itself will draw people until the team improves on the field period. What has been done this year in my opinion is enough for now.

When we can adequately fill the seats we have in place, nothing that is or would be done in the South End Zone, would compel me to come to Ross Ade. In this case Build It and they will come will not work, until you have a competitive compelling product on the field!!!

Re: South End Zone news? Frankly Scarlet...

I don't give a damn. Announce something meaningful like the signing of a 5 star player who picked us over OSU, Alabama, etc. The foo foo crap like the south end zone is nothing but a distraction. Oh yeah, maybe I will order season tix next year so I can hang out in at the EZ patio while we get our ___ handed to us on the field. BS.

Originally posted by Bigohh:
I don't give a damn. Announce something meaningful like the signing of a 5 star player who picked us over OSU, Alabama, etc. The foo foo crap like the south end zone is nothing but a distraction. Oh yeah, maybe I will order season tix next year so I can hang out in at the EZ patio while we get our ___ handed to us on the field. BS.
ha, i was excited to see/hear more about the plans... and now we can't even get that! grrrrr.

The solution will be very slow paced, pragmatic, and use a lot of positive

Like all Morgan announcements it will be something like this:

"We liked what the South end zone was this year, the initial surveys we got back indicate it was a positive thing for the majority of people who attended, but we want to be 85/25/65/15 by 2020, we need to upgrade the indoor golf facility as the ball machines are in need of some maintenance... " (trail off and I quit listening)

My favorite is when he asks himself questions in a presser... "Do I want to be in the top 25 in football? Of course I do. Do I want to spend carelessly and hope for a quick fix? I can't justify some of these expenditures." If we had descent media around here, reporters not afraid to hurt peoples feelings, he would not survive.

Originally posted by BarringtonBoiler:
I think the best thing we (Purdue) should do at this point in time is to do nothing! Until the team improves on the field in terms of wins and until attendance picks up significantly then we should to pour any money into the South End Zone. The reason I say this is that I do not think a structure in of itself will draw people until the team improves on the field period. What has been done this year in my opinion is enough for now.

When we can adequately fill the seats we have in place, nothing that is or would be done in the South End Zone, would compel me to come to Ross Ade. In this case Build It and they will come will not work, until you have a competitive compelling product on the field!!!
Agree, but showing fans, recruits, players dedication to the program goes a long way too. I do think it makes sense to have a transformational renovation for football. I dont really care if its the practice facilities, stadium, fan areas, etc.

Do something.

Waiting for football to get better to 'earn' improvement x is exactly what got us here.

Hard work and money will get the program back on track. Anything less gets us more of this...

Originally posted by Bigohh:
No one in the big ten has a 5 star recruit, thats just being delusional. But there is some news of a 4 star running back who announced we were in his top 3 with Ohio state and Louisville if that helps you any

Yes, only powerhouses like Maryland ever have a chance at a 5 star recruit..

ADVERTISEMENT