ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina WBB cancels their opening game against BYU

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
National Champion South Carolina canceled their home and home series with BYU (which was their home opener this season) due to the alleged racial slurs and threats heard by a Black Duke volleyball player last weekend during a match in BYU’s venue. South Carolina’s AD supports his coach, Dawn Staley, in her decision.

Full story here . (You may need to scroll down as this site is automatically updated.)

Makes me admire Staley all the more.

The last I read no video or fan interviews support the allegation.
Hope it really happened and wasn’t a second hand report that resulted in cancellation based on rumor. Otherwise it makes the SC coach look like she was looking to be offended

National Champion South Carolina canceled their home and home series with BYU (which was their home opener this season) due to the alleged racial slurs and threats heard by a Black Duke volleyball player last weekend during a match in BYU’s venue. South Carolina’s AD supports his coach, Dawn Staley, in her decision.

Full story here . (You may need to scroll down as this site is automatically updated.)

Makes me admire Staley all the more.

Why did you even bother to use “Alleged” if you were certain of the slurs.
Who makes a decision based on heresay evidence? Troubling.

• Love
Reactions: ChuckJr and BSIT
Why did you even bother to use “Alleged” if you were certain of the slurs.
Who makes a decision based on heresay evidence? Troubling.
I used “alleged” because the story on the news wire said “alleged”. I never said I was certain of anything.

What the hell, Des.

My two cents says we need to be careful in rushing to judgment on these type of issues. The media sad to say perpetuates these type of stories to fit their narrative. Wonder what Coach Staley will say if this is proven to be false? Some recent examples of false narratives involving incidents that didn’t happen on campus:

Looks like a non student was getting mouthy, racial who knows? One would have to be a lowlife to get racist at a women’s volleyball game, hopefully it didn’t happen.

Reactions: ChuckJr and DocRon
This story has been pretty well debunked by Provo police, BYU AD, fans in the area, the alleged perpetrator and film. Yet no apologies from Duke and no revision to the story by major media. I am so surprised by this.

• Sad
Reactions: BSIT
This story has been pretty well debunked by Provo police, BYU AD, fans in the area, the alleged perpetrator and film. Yet no apologies from Duke and no revision to the story by major media. I am so surprised by this.
Sad and is what I was afraid of. Makes me wonder if SC was looking for any excuse to get out of this series. Blame the white blue eyed blond "racist" Mormons

Reactions: ChuckJr
BYU releases statement that they could find no evidence of the alleged racial chants. No apology from Duke. No response from the major media. If the media does not follow up an tell the full st, these types of claims will continue. Where's the accountability?

Reactions: BSIT
BYU releases statement that they could find no evidence of the alleged racial chants. No apology from Duke. No response from the major media. If the media does not follow up an tell the full st, these types of claims will continue. Where's the accountability?
The girl is going to claim she heard racist stuff, the media does need to report that BYU couldn’t find anything that supports this. Looks to me like a fan might have been a little mouthy, that’s a lot different than racist. Having said that, I understand cheering and supporting your team, fans taunting opposing players is something I’ve never done, bad look in my opinion.

Add another one to the files of media narrative proven wrong. Be nice if SC would issue an apology but don’t hold your breath

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT