ADVERTISEMENT

Sooo... what does this mean? #CovidYear?

Pretty sure it means "thank. you Purdue for my time here - but i'm moving on for my Covid year. Hence why she went through with senior day. If she was going to come back she wouldn't have participated - like Hardin.

Reactions: RBryant311
Pretty sure it means "thank. you Purdue for my time here - but i'm moving on for my Covid year. Hence why she went through with senior day. If she was going to come back she wouldn't have participated - like Hardin.
You are probably right. But not everyone has decided by the senior day.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I dunno Doc - seems strange to post a #CovidYear hashtag with her Thank-you tweet unless she is is planning to play another year. Here? Elsewhere? I would love to see her return - especially after seeing her production during the WNIT.

With other returnees, she might still be “relegated” to coming off the bench though, and maybe she wants the chance to be a starter somewhere. Regardless I wish her much success in her future - she is a joy to watch, supports her teammates and has an infectious enthusiasm. Purdue WBB is better for her having been a (BIG) part of it.

Get a extra year of school paid for, she’s doing the correct thing. Might see her at another Big Ten school who knows? As for her staying at Purdue, guessing it was either her or Hardin, perhaps Hardin decided first?

Reactions: DocRon
If I averaged 10 ppg in just 19mpg and often times looked like the best offensive player on the team during several games, I too, would be looking to move somewhere for my final year where I had the chance to start and play the most minutes possible and be a "feature" player during my final year of eligibility, and that was not going to be at Purdue. KG seems to have an affinity, unsurprisingly, for tall versatile guards and with Moore being barely 5'6 she just never seemed like a player, even with her shooting prowess, that she wanted to feature, for better or worse. I know we needed height in the backcourt to offset our very limited front court so maybe that's why, who knows.

I could see her transferring to a Big East or MVC level school and being great for them next year. Like I said in my other post about parity - these types of transfer situations are only going to help a lot of mid majors and hurt P5's as there's only so many minutes to go around and coaches have been looking to limit their player rotations to just 8-9 players. Those wanting more minutes can easily find them at other schools.

Power 5's can no longer "player hoard". Meaning, get 14 players on scholarship - only to provide depth and a security blanket from the injury bug - and then threaten them to wait it out because "if you transfer, you have to sit out a year". So that's why you're seeing teams, like UCONN, struggle more than ever because if they get unlucky and hit the injury bug - there's no longer a bunch of quality back up players at their disposal - they're playing at other schools.

Last edited:
not to be overly "grammar police-y" but KG has an affinity for tall guards. unless you have some insider recruiting info showing that she's got an unlimited quantity of those lined up. which would be nice.

and I do wish Moore would stay, she would really help us next year

not to be overly "grammar police-y" but KG has an affinity for tall guards. unless you have some insider recruiting info showing that she's got an unlimited quantity of those lined up. which would be nice.

and I do wish Moore would stay, she would really help us next year

She seems to be incredibly high on incoming 6' freshman guard Addison Potts so I'm assuming she's going to play quite a few minutes for us next year. She was the first player she went after when she got the reigns here and seems to have a really strong relationship with her dad.

We also have 3 players who have some varying amount of guard skills who are between 5'10 and 6'2 committed in the '23 class.

Last edited:
Yes, would be great to have Moore of course, but respect her decision. The transfer portal soothes and bites for everyone. KG has enough players to upgrade our record next year. I think a good portal big would help though.

🙁. I will miss @brookiemoe. Would love to have her stay but understand and respect her decision. Whoever gets her will get a gem of a player - I do hope she goes outside of the Big10 so Purdue doesn’t play against her next year.

Maybe she joins up with Nell Fortner at Ga Tech? Best of luck to young Miss Moore! She got game!
Agreed. Will miss Moore and hope she goes very far away from our schedule next year. I won't feel too bad about Moore or the other seniors if they find another school. Something about graduating and moving on (like Mac and Farqwahr) vs. leaving before their degree (like Traylor).

I think it's pretty impressive that these young women particularly Doumbia and Moore look like they will graduate on time after transferring in the middle of a pandemic and going through a coaching change. Can't overlook their work away from the arena!

Agreed. Will miss Moore and hope she goes very far away from our schedule next year. I won't feel too bad about Moore or the other seniors if they find another school. Something about graduating and moving on (like Mac and Farqwahr) vs. leaving before their degree (like Traylor).

I think it's pretty impressive that these young women particularly Doumbia and Moore look like they will graduate on time after transferring in the middle of a pandemic and going through a coaching change. Can't overlook their work away from the arena!
I hope Doumbia goes somewhere as well. She’s the type that could really do well playing at a smaller program! I’m fine with Hardin staying, think she’ll do whatever is necessary next season.

ADVERTISEMENT