ADVERTISEMENT

Some people need this

You got one thing right. It is a political ploy by the Open Borders crowd and their D enablers to score some political points prior to/during the midterms. Trump took a huge hit with the family separation fiasco during the summer. It worked once, why not try it again, right?

Trump is only reacting to a situation he didn’t cause (except if these people are coming here because our economy is so strong.)
There a month away from even being at our border and the last time one of those caravans started by the time it arrived there were was only a few hundred people left-that's the reality of the situation. Fox is just trying to scare people into voting Republican.

Reactions: indy35
I got that one thing wrong and you’ve used it as cudgel repeatedly against me, as if it proves I’m uninformed or dumb. You regularly get things wrong on here. You are an arrogant prick and you are delusional about “your side” and “your sources”. You are a brainwashed lemming who slurps up the left-wing kool-aid every damn day. No sources in the media are perfect - not yours, not mine. You just happen to believe yours are because what they spew aligns with your delusional Progressive worldview.
You actually get things constantly wrong, it gets pointed out in thread after thread. Everything you said, apply it to yourself. I look through multiple sources to find the truth, you take things at face value through the right wing blogs you post on here, like they are legitimate sources. Just trying to help you escape from the bubble and let go of the hate.

There a month away from even being at our border and the last time one of those caravans started by the time it arrived there were was only a few hundred people left-that's the reality of the situation. Fox is just trying to scare people into voting Republican.
It doesn't' even make a bit of sense that Democrats would be funding it. They're going to turn the midterms with a caravan of people that can't vote, that won't get here until well after the midterms, and when most of the people will disburse anyway before getting here. It makes much more sense that right wing media is once again using scary brown people to scare the elderly to vote Republican.

Reactions: Bill4411
It doesn't' even make a bit of sense that Democrats would be funding it. They're going to turn the midterms with a caravan of people that can't vote, that won't get here until well after the midterms, and when most of the people will disburse anyway before getting here. It makes much more sense that right wing media is once again using scary brown people to scare the elderly to vote Republican.
Dense. They would do it to turn Is and women against Trump and his policies who then would vote D. It’s a cynical political ploy. Images of women and children being detained at the border is not a good look. It happened this summer with the row over family separations. Which Obama did too.

Also, years later these illegal immigrants might get some kind of amnesty and the Ds cynically think they will vote D. Hispanics vote more D than R in this country.

Duh, I said Soros is funding much of it. What is his organization called again? The Open Borders Foundation. He wants Open Borders in Europe (Muslim migrationinto the EU and the Hispanic migration into the US.). He’s been funding this stuff for years.

Dense. They would do it to turn Is and women against Trump and his policies who then would vote D. It’s a cynical political ploy. Images of women and children being detained at the border is not a good look. It happened this summer with the row over family separations. Which Obama did too.

Also, years later these illegal immigrants might get some kind of amnesty and the Ds cynically think they will vote D. Hispanics vote more D than R in this country.

Duh, I said Soros is funding much of it. What is his organization called again? The Open Borders Foundation. He wants Open Borders in Europe (Muslim migrationinto the EU and the Hispanic migration into the US.). He’s been funding this stuff for years.
But they're not even close to the border to be detained. If Soros was so smart and planning this global realignment and taking down governments, you'd think he would have started the caravan sooner.
And the foundation is actually called the Open Society Foundation. When I search for Open Borders Foundation it results in a bunch of blogs on Soros that I'm sure would give my computer a virus should I end up clicking any of them.

But they're not even close to the border to be detained. If Soros was so smart and planning this global realignment and taking down governments, you'd think he would have started the caravan sooner.
And the foundation is actually called the Open Society Foundation. When I search for Open Borders Foundation it results in a bunch of blogs on Soros that I'm sure would give my computer a virus should I end up clicking any of them.
How much TV and news coverage have these now 5 separate caravans gotten in the last 10 days? An inordinate amount on all channels and in all the papers, magazines, and blogs.

It’s a manufactured crisis. Soros did the same damned thing with the EU and the Muslims. You need to do more research. Why is Soros persona non grata in his original country of Hungary? The people there hate him. Much of the rest of Europe does too now. He is a malign character. A bad actor who uses his billions to sow discord and strife. He wants to change the demographics of the EU and the USA forever. In the EU, he’s had great success and the citizens of the EU have paid the price as have numerous politicians who supported the globalist agenda. Now you’re going to tell me that Brexit didn’t happen, that Muslim migrants haven’t raped and slaughtered thousands of people in France, Germany, Sweden, UK, Belgium.....That Markell isn’t on her last legs. That Italy didn’t recently elect a nationalist who campaigned against globalism. That Poland and Hungary have basically stopped allowing Muslim migration into their countries.....Get a clue

There..... is..... no...... crisis.

FOX is showing it more than anyone else......to fire up the base. How does that help the Dems?

Last "caravan".......
14 arrests.
Anyone who is truly conservative should be ashamed of this, a made up crisis and now wasting the time of, let alone the cost of, potentially 15,000 troops. Who as the best quote I read today said, will be nothing more than go'fers and "uber" drivers. This is so f'in reckless.

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
This conspiracy is what got the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter worked up. I don’t think right wing media has the morals necessary to do the right thing themselves.

I will not argue that immigration/population increases accelerate and cause growth.

You are wayt off with what every study shows with illegals and crime. And your statement shows ignorance of the issues with tracking said crimes. What happens crimes do not often get reported as illegals/citizens/legals etc. One has to dig for that information. It is pretty easy to dig and get statistics to show your point is correct.

https://cis.org/Camarota/NonCitizens-Committed-Disproportionate-Share-Federal-Crimes-201116
as their data points out...

-violent crime:
assault, homicide (and also firearm) categories account for the same share.
sex crime, robbery, arson, burglary categories are in fact a lower share by non citizens.

-and several of the larger share convictions make sense:
a similar action from a non-legal resident will yield infractions compared to a legal resident. e.g. money laundering & econ crime categories - earned income is not legit, money transfered back home not legit, etc. the drug conviction category makes sense as well since there is incentive for black market supply, counter to the ineffective u.s. prohibition laws.
(i'm curios about the details/definition of the highest category kidnapping. that seems like an odd outlier, maybe due to people going in/out frequently?)

Last edited:
There are many reasons nothing gets done on illegal immigration:

-Everybody and their brother knows that farmers need them to operate and therefore we all need them for food

-Corporations like the cheap labor. Yes it still goes on. The money saved far exceeds fines

this is the larger point that seems to always be glossed over or minimized.
government & public focus is usually on how to control non citizens, more so than our own citizens (corporations, small business owners, etc).

which leads to further topics on wages, costs, competitiveness.
and those seem to be glossed over now as well.

Last edited:
this is the larger point that seems to always be glossed over or minimized.
government & public focus is usually on how to control non citizens, more so than our own citizens (corporations, small business owners, etc).

which leads to further topics on wages, costs, competitiveness.
and those seem to be glossed over now as well.
Including how is it that Ds claim to be for the well-being of AAs and the working poor when they openly promote bringing in as many illegals as possible, who often depress the wages for AAs and the working poor? Bottom line is they don't really care about AAs and the working poor. (And I'm not saying the Rs are much if any better about it. Both parties are often hypocrites on this subject.)

You think that is a simple take? Another conspiracy theory. We live in completely different realities, bro.

I'm confident that mine is on the Occam's razor side of things here.

We do live in completely different realities. I do not believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, or the Easter Bunny either.

Go ahead and believe thousands of poor, destitute, hungry and weak migrants are making the trek from Honduras to the USA with no outside help, or by people that are doing out of the kindness of their hearts, with no political ambition/motive or outside influences.

Pictures of the caravans included German made ATV, used by militaries, that have a price tag well in six figures. Right, they can all afford them on their own, got it.

LOL

Reactions: herrli and ecouch
According to transcripts, the caravan was mentioned 19 times on Friday’s edition of the show, 10 times on Monday, and nine times on Tuesday. Fox News has even embedded a reporter with the caravan to provide updates about its progress.

Yet on Wednesday’s edition of Fox & Friends, it was mentioned just once in passing.

I"m shocked I tell you! Shocked! Is the invasion already over of did the caravan's usefulness fade immediately after the election? Can any Fox News viewer admit they got played on this?

The migrant caravan is no longer a threat now that the midterm is over. Just like Weiner's laptop coverage stopped right after in 2016. ISIS members infected with ebola sneaking across the border was no longer a threat November 5th 2014. The right wing is entirely predictable each election, people keep falling for it.

Since it comes from Fox News maybe some of you guys will believe it, there seems to be only this one person on that network that will tell the truth and doesn't play the game.
No he just doesn't want a liberal Antifa mob outside his home harassing his family. Look what Tucker Carlson is dealing with...

According to transcripts, the caravan was mentioned 19 times on Friday’s edition of the show, 10 times on Monday, and nine times on Tuesday. Fox News has even embedded a reporter with the caravan to provide updates about its progress.

Yet on Wednesday’s edition of Fox & Friends, it was mentioned just once in passing.

I"m shocked I tell you! Shocked! Is the invasion already over of did the caravan's usefulness fade immediately after the election? Can any Fox News viewer admit they got played on this?

The migrant caravan is no longer a threat now that the midterm is over. Just like Weiner's laptop coverage stopped right after in 2016. ISIS members infected with ebola sneaking across the border was no longer a threat November 5th 2014. The right wing is entirely predictable each election, people keep falling for it.

LOL. The reality is conservatives/Republicans on here called it. As soon as election is over, nobody gives a crap. The caravan has been largely breaking apart at beginning of this week. Wonder why? It can no longer be kept together, fed, etc.

I will take your word for it FOX imbedded a reporter with caravan. Kudos to him/her and FOX news. If the stories of the plights of these people could get out, maybe politicians would would be more likely to do something about it.

This is really similar to the Ford situation. She is no longer needed and was kicked to the curb. The blue wave did not happen and ND Senator that tried to campaign on issue, as well as battleground states that voted against Kavanaugh, lost. OK, forget her.

Now Dems have moved on. Hundreds of thousands of votes being found, but un reported, not marked, damaged, but a Democratic Election Supervisor without oversight will determine intent of the vote! Low and behold, all the new found votes are for Democrats!

Reactions: ecouch
“This is a very sacred place. You have to treat the White House with respect. You have to treat the presidency with respect."

Trump says this without a sense of irony.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT