ADVERTISEMENT

So, who exactly is rigging the election??

charlespig

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
In Nevada, attorney Joey Gilbert raised money to pay for a $190,000 recount that still showed him losing the GOP nomination for governor by 26,000 votes. In Colorado, county clerk Tina Peters raised $256,000 to pay for a recount that showed she gained 13 votes total in her bid for the party nomination for Secretary of State, but still lost by more than 88,000 votes. Both candidates continued to claim they had actually won the election even as recounts showed they came nowhere close.

The refusal of candidates or campaigns to believe they could ever be defeated in an election is a dangerous development for American democracy, said Tammy Patrick, a former Arizona voting official who is now a senior adviser to Democracy Fund.

“What we see now is people just don’t believe they lost because they’re constantly being fed these lies about the legitimacy of the process,” Patrick said. The call for recounts “keeps their base engaged, ginned up and donating,” she added.

Seems like the norm these days is just to refuse to concede, force a recount, gain maybe double-digit votes if lucky while still losing by 5-digit, and keep on calling the election illegitimate. Even in the PRIMARY.

It keeps the base engaged and donate, at the expense of trust in our democracy.

BTW, is this a Republican thing? Or has Democrat been doing this too?

Last edited:
This is just the primary. Seems like the norm these days is just to refuse to concede, force a recount, gained maybe double-digit votes if lucky while still losing by 5-digit, and keep on calling the election illegitimate.

It keeps the base engaged and donate, at the expense of trust in our democracy.

BTW, is this a Republican thing? Or has Democrat been doing this too?

It's both. Hillary still doesn't accept that she lost to Trump. Abrams still insists her first GA gov run was stolen.

Actually, there's a first step - first claim that someone is trying to steal the election.

If you win, like this Arizona woman, then act as if nothing has happened.

If you lose, then you get the excuse to ask for a recount.

That's the new election play book.

It's both. Hillary still doesn't accept that she lost to Trump. Abrams still insists her first GA gov run was stolen.

Thanks, and I agree that Abrams refusing to concede in 2018 and claiming the election was stolen (without evidence) did not help maintaining confidence in our democracy. Still, Hillary has conceded, and Abrams did not ask the election officials to find her more votes.

Anyway, I am more referring to the PRIMARY elections. If a candidate claims election fraud in the primary, who exactly is doing the "stealing"? Have Democrats been accusing each other of election fraud?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Hillary conceded the night that she lost to Chump. She never demanded recounts, audits, court cases. She never asked a state election official to "find" votes that ain't there. She never demanded that VP Biden not certify the election.

As far as Abrams, Gov. Kemp at the time was the GA Sec. of State who is also in charge of the GA elections. Kemp changed voting rules in mid-stream. He purged a lot of black voters from the voting rolls.

Then why does she keep calling Trump an “illegitimate” president? You’re serving your masters in the cult well today. Defending the Democrat party at every turn. The Democrat cult says thanks to the dummy on a message board 👍🏻
Because of how grossly underqualified Chump was/is. She never complained of any voting fraud. She won the popular vote for goodness sake.

Hillary conceded the night that she lost to Chump. She never demanded recounts, audits, court cases. She never asked a state election official to "find" votes that ain't there. She never demanded that VP Biden not certify the election.

As far as Abrams, Gov. Kemp at the time was the GA Sec. of State who is also in charge of the GA elections. Kemp changed voting rules in mid-stream. He purged a lot of black voters from the voting rolls.
This is almost as bad as when you swore that the new GA bill made it illegal to give out water at the polls and continued to argue despite me linking you to the Statute that proved your wrong.

Unfortunately Stacey lied to you again and she can because she knows nobody will address it.

Every state has laws requiring the cleansing of voter laws. Some States are woefully delinquent. Want to guess which ones? As for Kemp he was following GA law which was enacted in 1997 by a Democrat legislature and signed by a Democratic governoras described in this article.

https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-st...emocrat-backed-initiative-from-2-decades-ago/

If Kemp violated the law I am sure plenty of left wing groups would have filed suit on behalf of them. To date I am not aware of a single individual who was found to be improperly purged and/or denied access to vote. Please provide name and docket.

edit: in reality Kemp (SoS) as designated by the Statute would be in violation of the law if he would have buckled and not conducted the legally required voter cleanse.

Liz Cheney tried to rig the WY primary but there aren't enough Dems in the state to fix it for her.

Well, I was not aware of any accusation of Cheney rigging in WY. But if she is, then we'll add another Republican rigging primary elections. Have any Democrats accused their competitor of election fraud in their primaries?

If he was so grossly underqualified, why did so many people vote for him and why was the economy so strong? And that whole world peace thing. How did he pull that off? Thank God he won the popular vote so those of us with real jobs could make some money before Democrats pissed it all away.

You think Biden the racist is qualified? He’s never done anything in his life outside of live off the government. Calling you dumb is a slight to dumb people. Democrat cultist.
People voted for him because they fell for BS. Remember, Chump did not win the popular vote. Therefore, more people wanted Hiliary to be president. He lost the popular vote by 3M or so and blamed it on illegal immigrants voting.

Thanks to Obama, Chump inherited a good economy.

Yes, Biden is qualified.

People voted for him because they fell for BS. Remember, Chump did not win the popular vote. Therefore, more people wanted Hiliary to be president. He lost the popular vote by 3M or so and blamed it on illegal immigrants voting.

Thanks to Obama, Chump inherited a good economy.

Yes, Biden is qualified.
Lol “thanks to Obama.” You are really serving the cult well today. How is Biden qualified? What has he accomplished in his life outside of living off the government?

Reactions: Robinahood
If he was so grossly underqualified, why did so many people vote for him and why was the economy so strong? And that whole world peace thing. How did he pull that off? Thank God he won the popular vote so those of us with real jobs could make some money before Democrats pissed it all away.

You think Biden the racist is qualified? He’s never done anything in his life outside of live off the government. Calling you dumb is a slight to dumb people. Democrat cultist.
Not that it matters what you think but this kind of BS has to be called out.

What's this "world peace" you keep bringing up everytime you talk about trump? No wars? Are you sure?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Not that it matters what you think but this kind of BS has to be called out.

What's this "world peace" you keep bringing up everytime you talk about trump? No wars? Are you sure?
Oh, it matters what I think because people of my generation are the future of the country. Trump obsessed old men who live on Twitter like you aren’t. Your type will thankfully be gone sooner rather than later.

How many wars broke out when Trump was president? Did we fail in departing any country we had a presence in when he was around?

Oh, it matters what I think because people of my generation are the future of the country. Trump obsessed old men who live on Twitter like you aren’t. Your type will thankfully be gone sooner rather than later.

How many wars broke out when Trump was president? Did we fail in departing any country we had a presence in when he was around?
Please GOD don't let people like you be our future.

You ever heard of Yemen? The trump admin had no problem selling arms to Saudi Arabia for them to use in their war with Yemen. Sound like world peace to you? Trump cashing in on death in Yemen?

Biden stopped the sales. They have just approved resuming arms sales as there is a truce in Yemen. Probably the wrong move.

No fighting in Syria during the trump admin?

How about Afghanistan? How was that whole world peace thing going? Did trump get us out of there as promised? No, he just made a shtty deal on his way out the door. Biden got us out in a poorly executed evacuation. But there are no longer Americans dying in that country.

Your "world peace" bravado is just lies and bunk.

Why do you vote Democrat, Charles? You’re really exposing yourself as another clueless, babbling leftist.

I was with Republican back in the days of Reagan. I was disappointed that Clinton defeated Bush Sr., and again when he defeated Bob Dole. I was glad that Bush defeated Gore, because I prefer smaller government.

However, after Bush pushed for the Iraq War and wasted trillions of dollars while antagonizing our allies, after he kept making a fool of himself and embarrassing America, after the party adopted Trump, and after the party is now dominated by election deniers and crazies like MTG, I have no choice but to draw the line, "I just can't associate myself with these people."

I suppose it's similar reason why more and more college-educated folks are moving towards Dems.

microsoftteams-image_8.png

Anyway, back to my original question. If Republicans keep accusing other Republicans for rigging their primary election, and if we don't find the same with Democrats, then what conclusion can we draw?

If there is no rigged election, then the Republicans show that they are just using this as an excuse;

If there is indeed rigged election, then it must be the Republicans doing the rigging.

Which one is it?

Oh, so Democrats do believe an election was stolen?

Yeah, Abrams was pissed about these alleged shenanigans. Kemp never recused himself of overseeing the elections while trying to run for governor.

Shenanigans alleged by her and without proof. She has collected millions of dollars for her non-profit on this story and she cannot bring forth a single person who was denied the vote or illegally purged? What did she do with all this money? I mean this is simple. I have a voter registration card and I go to vote and if they tell me I have been removed. I file a provincial vote and it's held until adjudicated. And the State is required to send notice if you are purged. If you were simply re-register.

What's laughable is that she was a State legislator which means she should know the laws of the State. So she is either too incompetent to hold higher office or she is a liar striking racial division.

Out of 50k purged sure there is one person? Although i am sure that if there was they would be on every show and we'd know about it. But there is a State law passed and signed by Democrats in 1997. Prove to me where i am wrong.

To answer your original question.....

"They" are the ones stealing the elections!

Just talk to anybody who believes the election was stolen The election fraud crowd can't really define who "they" is but these folks are quite certain "they" are the ones doing it!

Please GOD don't let people like you be our future.

You ever heard of Yemen? The trump admin had no problem selling arms to Saudi Arabia for them to use in their war with Yemen. Sound like world peace to you? Trump cashing in on death in Yemen?

Biden stopped the sales. They have just approved resuming arms sales as there is a truce in Yemen. Probably the wrong move.

No fighting in Syria during the trump admin?

How about Afghanistan? How was that whole world peace thing going? Did trump get us out of there as promised? No, he just made a shtty deal on his way out the door. Biden got us out in a poorly executed evacuation. But there are no longer Americans dying in that country.

Your "world peace" bravado is just lies and bunk.
Thank God you are too old to be the future

Because of how grossly underqualified Chump was/is. She never complained of any voting fraud. She won the popular vote for goodness sake.
Hey chump what's up?

Speaking of grotesquely underqualified, you struggle with simple English.

As an alleged Purdue grad, you realize that the popular vote has zero meaning, right? It indicates nothing.
You have to know the rules of the game. If the popular vote was the sole determination, I guarantee you Trump would have campaigned more in blue states

She did something similar in Arizona I believe. It’s not been talked about here but Ginni was knee deep in the rigged election conspiracy. I think the 1/6 committee is looking at it.

But hey, nothing obviously illegal so the wife of a SCJ can do whatever she wants.
Maybe you missed it or don't want to believe it, but Zuckerberg recently confirmed what intelligent people already knew, that the FBI rigged the election.

• Haha
Reactions: indy35
She did something similar in Arizona I believe. It’s not been talked about here but Ginni was knee deep in the rigged election conspiracy. I think the 1/6 committee is looking at it.
Could that be why they don't seem to have time to interview FBI execs about its role on Jan 6?

What a farce.

Thanks, and I agree that Abrams refusing to concede in 2018 and claiming the election was stolen (without evidence) did not help maintaining confidence in our democracy. Still, Hillary has conceded, and Abrams did not ask the election officials to find her more votes.
You're peddling on the razors edge of false semantics here.
Anyway, I am more referring to the PRIMARY elections. If a candidate claims election fraud in the primary, who exactly is doing the "stealing"? Have Democrats been accusing each other of election fraud?
The DNC took the nomination away from Bernie in favor of Hillary in 2016.

You're peddling on the razors edge of false semantics here.

The DNC took the nomination away from Bernie in favor of Hillary in 2016.
On the first point, you don't understand what false semantics are.

On the second point, across all states, Clinton won 55% of the Democratic primary vote vs Sanders got 43% of the primary vote. Clinton beat Sanders in 36 of the states. How exactly did the DNC take the nomination away from Bernie?

You're really on a roll of saying things that are completely false.

ADVERTISEMENT