ADVERTISEMENT

So this is concerning

I thought that in all of his press conferences after his bout with Covid he has looked on the sick side. Hopefully he hasn't got some bad side effects.

Reactions: DAG10
Here's to a full recovery if he's still feeling the effects. Let's hope the look is just a coincidence of him having dropped a few lbs during the summer/fall and being a little worn out by the virus vs. anything serious.

Besides the virus lingering effects, I would say the team play is draining him (making him sick). After the way we played against Rutgers and Nebraska, I know my stomach was so upset at screaming at the tv that I didn't have anything to eat after those 2 games.

Besides the virus lingering effects, I would say the team play is draining him (making him sick). After the way we played against Rutgers and Nebraska, I know my stomach was so upset at screaming at the tv that I didn't have anything to eat after those 2 games.

I think it goes back to the Nebraska game last year when he promised to control his temper. Mike Carmin talked about this in his most recent podcast, where the local sports media have noticed that he is different. Carmin basically says that Brohm is denying who he is by controlling his temper that much and it could be impacting how is coaching and motivating players.

Think of it this way, you have angry-faced Holt on the sideline with high-energy Brohm throwing chairs during pre-game speeches that always got everybody amped up. Then Nevada happened, where Brohm didn't want Holt on the sidelines and then gets fired at the end of the season. Then he himself begins to internalize everything. It's like he got self-conscious about what people thought of him. Maybe the AD told him to cool it, because it wasn't good for Purdue's brand? It makes you wonder.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
One of my favorite things in the past was seeing Holt and his restrainer! I'd like to see similar enthusiasm now. And as a player I think yelling at them is better because it can be forgotten as a heat of the moment thing. But a calmer approach may leave the player wondering if the coach still holds a grudge against him a long time later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roeder
I think it goes back to the Nebraska game last year when he promised to control his temper. Mike Carmin talked about this in his most recent podcast, where the local sports media have noticed that he is different. Carmin basically says that Brohm is denying who he is by controlling his temper that much and it could be impacting how is coaching and motivating players.

I've thought the same thing Mike Carmin mentioned. I don't recall when, but his dad (parents?) also encouraged him to cool it down. I really do think that's made a difference. No saying either way is the correct way, just stating its different.

The mask hides many things but I'm seeing no fire or emotion on the sideline. He looks drained.
Ok this is strange...I thought the same thing to myself last week. He looks like he is completely exhausted and even a but gaunt, sickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT