ADVERTISEMENT

So Slow Joe gets to appoint a black female to SCOTUS....if he keeps his promise.

Why are you worried about my time so much? Worry about yours.
I’m trying to save you from further embarrassment by letting you know that you’re wasting a lot of time making no impact on others outside of embarrassing yourself and Purdue. Did you graduate from Purdue?

I'd love Condi Rice on the SC. Would you? And Kammi's resume doesn't stand up, and I'd say the same were she white, Asian, or Hispanic. BTW....I don't think you're black, but I do think you're playing a incendiary role on an internet forum.
First of all, I am black.

If a Republican president appoint Rice. I'll be cool with it. She'll be better than Clarence Thomas.

Why do y'all keep talking about Harris and the supreme court? I keep telling y'all she is not a candidate. As long as she is VP she will never will be. However, you know that you don't have to be a judge to sit on the court don't you?

Before Rep. John Lewis died he said "start good trouble".

I’m trying to save you from further embarrassment by letting you know that you’re wasting a lot of time making no impact on others outside of embarrassing yourself and Purdue. Did you graduate from Purdue?
There is no embarrassment on my part.

Yes, I graduated from Purdue. Did you?

There is no embarrassment on my part.

Yes, I graduated from Purdue. Did you?
So by saying that you don’t really recognize you’re embarrassing yourself.

That’s surprising that you did. I must hold Purdue graduates in high esteem and am surprised to see our graduates posting the things you do. I did in 2013. My mother is of Cuban dissent and my father is African American. I personally find your posts repulsive and am glad I don’t share the vitriol you do for others.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

That’s surprising that you did. I must hold Purdue graduates in high esteem and am surprised to see our graduates posting the things you do. I did in 2013. My mother is of Cuban dissent and my father is African American. I personally find your posts repulsive and am glad I don’t share the vitriol you do for others.
I'm black also. You, as a black American and Cuban, you don't see anything wrong with the comments that Candace Owens, Officer Tatum, Kanye West etc. have said? You don't think that they are traitors to black Americans? I assume you are in your 30's since you graduated in 2013. I'm well into my 50's. You young bloods do not understand the struggle folks my age and older been through. You obviously have not read the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe. If you did, you and others would understand the context when I use the term Gumbo/Sambos. You youngsters think that folks like Candace Owen's and the other black traitors are intelligent. Little do you know that they perpetuate white supremacy.

What say you?

Last edited:
Nope, qualified because of her resume that stands up to other candidates and appointees. Also, she is not a radical. I guess being a black woman is radical enough for you.
is being radical why black women are so loud in the movie theatre?

I know it's a stereotype but stereotypes exist for a reason.

Be careful....BNI is going to say something about you not really being black.

But, it'll be good to have the opinion and perspective from another black person because from everything that BNI tells us, he's the voice of black America because he hangs out at the barber shop and listens to urban radio..

And you guys call me race baiting.
It was a joke....(but you know it's true).

Kind of like that movie "White men can't jump." Man...I remember the rioting and protesting that happened when that movie was released.

It was a joke....(but you know it's true).

Kind of like that movie "White men can't jump." Man...I remember the rioting and protesting that happened when that movie was released.
There was no rioting ang protesting when that movie came out. By who?

There was no rioting ang protesting when that movie came out. By who?
That to was a joke.
I was making a point that there's stereotypes that are funny, but true and people don't need to get all bent out of shape about them.
Asians being bad drivers......

That to was a joke.
I was making a point that there's stereotypes that are funny, but true and people don't need to get all bent out of shape about them.
What’s funny is Purdue police literally call it a DWA(driving while Asian) when the pull over the kids on campus

That to was a joke.
Delete my posts if you want to but stereotypes aren't funny. Stereotypes have led to certain folks getting bullied, profiled or even killed.

I'm black also. You, as a black American and Cuban, you don't see anything wrong with the comments that Candace Owens, Officer Tatum, Kanye West etc. have said? You don't think that they are traitors to black Americans? I assume you are in your 30's since you graduated in 2013. I'm well into my 50's. You young bloods do not understand the struggle folks my age and older been through. You obviously have not read the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe. If you did, you and others would understand the context when I use the term Gumbo/Sambos. You youngsters think that folks like Candace Owen's and the other black traitors are intelligent. Little do you know that they perpetuate white supremacy.

What say you?
I see a lot wrong with an earlier post you made insinuating that only blacks are shot and killed by police. I commented on that post and informed you that there was a white male was shot and killed by police just yesterday in Nashville. Stoking the racial flames with posts like yours get us nowhere as a society. Your post is not only inflammatory, it’s simply not true.

I see a lot wrong with comments made by many, I just disagree with looking at everything through a racial prism like you seem to. As a man with the background I have, I’ve been given opportunities that I could have never dreamed of. None of which were blocked nor accelerated because of “white supremacy” or those who “perpetuate white supremacy.”

There is racism in this country, sure. There is much more racism across the globe than what we encounter in the United States of America. This country will never be free of racism. I believe that if we move forward as a society while understanding that this country has its flaws and it does no good looking at everything based on the color of ones skin, it would be a better place.

You’re very uneducated and to be frank, hateful views of others that you don’t agree with is very disappointing to see. Being victims gets us nowhere and it’s getting you nowhere on this board. The last thing this country needs is more tribalism and all you seem to do here is divide. It’s very counterproductive.

Last edited:
Be careful....BNI is going to say something about you not really being black.

But, it'll be good to have the opinion and perspective from another black person because from everything that BNI tells us, he's the voice of black America because he hangs out at the barber shop and listens to urban radio..
And that’s ok. I’m very comfortable in my own skin. It is skin that I am proud of, certainly not ashamed of. I love my country as flawed as it may be.

His opinions seem to be uneducated and not factually based. I’m quite certain that my viewpoint of the country is more even keeled. He seems almost disturbed and sometimes downright hateful. My parents raised me to be different.

First of all, I am black.

If a Republican president appoint Rice. I'll be cool with it. She'll be better than Clarence Thomas.

Why do y'all keep talking about Harris and the supreme court? I keep telling y'all she is not a candidate. As long as she is VP she will never will be. However, you know that you don't have to be a judge to sit on the court don't you?

Before Rep. John Lewis died he said "start good trouble".
Or just don’t start any trouble at all, whether it be good or bad. Be kind to your fellow man. You don’t have to follow the advice of politicians. You may actually find that life is better without doing that.

I see a lot wrong with an earlier post you made insinuating that only blacks are shot and killed by police. I commented on that post and informed you that there was a white male was shot and killed by police just yesterday in Nashville. Stoking the racial flames with posts like yours get us nowhere as a society. Your post is not only inflammatory, it’s simply not true.

I see a lot wrong with comments made by many, I just disagree with looking at everything through a racial prism like you seem to. As a man with the background I have, I’ve been given opportunities that I could have never dreamed of. None of which were blocked nor accelerated because of “white supremacy” or those who “perpetuate white supremacy.”

There is racism in this country, sure. There is much more racism across the globe than what we encounter in the United States of America. This country will never be free of racism. I believe that if we move forward as a society while understanding that this country has its flaws and it does no good looking at everything based on the color of ones skin, it would be a better place.

Your very uneducated and to be frank, hateful views of others that you don’t agree with is very disappointing to see. Being victims gets us nowhere and it’s getting you nowhere on this board. The last thing this country needs is more tribalism and all you seem to do here is divide. It’s very counterproductive.
I did not say that only blacks are shot by police. If I did I misspoke. I don't care what race you are, black, white, whatever, if you have a weapon the police have the right to use deadly force. My focus is on unarmed people getting killed by police, again white or black. However, I disagree with most people on here. I believe that more unarmed blacks get killed by police more than unarmed whites. Ask your parents what it was like back in the day before video cameras and cell phone cameras were around. Nowadays, people get to see the high profile cases of police brutality. Even now, but certainly back in the day, police brutality whether it was death or a beating was a common occurrence. Plus the fact there were a lot of forced confessions done by police and several blacks were sent to prison and even death row that were entirely innocent.

Believe it or not when people say that they don't see color it is a lie. I don't know if your mom is an afro-Cuban or white-Cuban but she can certainly tell you that colorism exist in the Latino/Hispanic community. Where the white-Cubans enjoy a certain privilege compared to the darker skinned afro-Cubans. The same with your dad, lighter skinned blacks enjoy a certain privilege compared to the darker skinned blacks.

Just like you, I have been fortunate to get an education and have a good job. But that does not mean that other folks have not been that fortunate, particularly the older generations that lived through Jim Crow, which I know you know nothing about. Not your fault because you are a young man. Or the period right after Jim Crow. Older blacks like myself remember that stuff and our "antennae" are tuned to it. Stuff like white privilege may not be obvious to you, but it is very obvious to us. Like you, white supremacy/privilege never blocked my progress but that doesn't mean that racism is not prevalent. Back in the 80's at Purdue I've seen the aftermath of a cross burned on the lawn at the Black Cultural Center. And, there were racial slurs written on the side of the black fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha house on Waldron St.

I did not say that only blacks are shot by police. If I did I misspoke. I don't care what race you are, black, white, whatever, if you have a weapon the police have the right to use deadly force. My focus is on unarmed people getting killed by police, again white or black. However, I disagree with most people on here. I believe that more unarmed blacks get killed by police more than unarmed whites. Ask your parents what it was like back in the day before video cameras and cell phone cameras were around. Nowadays, people get to see the high profile cases of police brutality. Even now, but certainly back in the day, police brutality whether it was death or a beating was a common occurrence. Plus the fact there were a lot of forced confessions done by police and several blacks were sent to prison and even death row that were entirely innocent.

Believe it or not when people say that they don't see color it is a lie. I don't know if your mom is an afro-Cuban or white-Cuban but she can certainly tell you that colorism exist in the Latino/Hispanic community. Where the white-Cubans enjoy a certain privilege compared to the darker skinned afro-Cubans. The same with your dad, lighter skinned blacks enjoy a certain privilege compared to the darker skinned blacks.

Just like you, I have been fortunate to get an education and have a good job. But that does not mean that other folks have not been that fortunate, particularly the older generations that lived through Jim Crow, which I know you know nothing about. Not your fault because you are a young man. Or the period right after Jim Crow. Older blacks like myself remember that stuff and our "antennae" are tuned to it. Stuff like white privilege may not be obvious to you, but it is very obvious to us. Like you, white supremacy/privilege never blocked my progress but that doesn't mean that racism is not prevalent. Back in the 80's at Purdue I've seen the aftermath of a cross burned on the lawn at the Black Cultural Center. And, there were racial slurs written on the side of the black fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha house on Waldron St.
Stop right there at the top. “However, I disagree with most people on here. I believe that more unarmed blacks get killed by police more than unarmed whites.” You believe that’s true or is it factually true?

We have seemed to move on from a fact-based society. Therein lies a big problem this country is facing. It took me approximately one minute to find data that disputes your false claim.

What you trying to accomplish here by pushing falsehoods? You’re not helping.

Reactions: bonefish1
Stop right there at the top. “However, I disagree with most people on here. I believe that more unarmed blacks get killed by police more than unarmed whites.” You believe that’s true or is it factually true?

We have seemed to move on from a fact-based society. Therein lies a big problem this country is facing. It took me approximately one minute to find data that disputes your false claim.

What you trying to accomplish here by pushing falsehoods? You’re not helping.
You can say that it is falsehoods. But I'm going by decades and decades of white cops profiling and brutalizing blacks. Beating confessions out of blacks. Lying on police reports of arrested blacks. On and on. You know damn well cops aren't beating confessions out of white people in custody. If you believe that, then you are a very naive brother that need a reality check.

You can say that it is falsehoods. But I'm going by decades and decades of white cops profiling and brutalizing blacks. Beating confessions out of blacks. Lying on police reports of arrested blacks. On and on. You know damn well cops aren't beating confessions out of white people in custody. If you believe that, then you are a very naive brother that need a reality check.
It’s a falsehood according to the data. Do facts not matter to you? I would assume no since you’re apparently pushing a certain agenda. A divisive and racially charged agenda accomplishing nothing.

Do you have some information you could share regarding who gets confessions beaten out of them more often when in custody? I’m an educated “brother” proud of my background that doesn’t include wasting my time pushing a divisive and falsity filled agenda on a Purdue Athletics forum. You’re not helping the problems in this country.

It’s a falsehood according to the data. Do facts not matter to you? I would assume no since you’re apparently pushing a certain agenda. A divisive and racially charged agenda accomplishing nothing.

Do you have some information you could share regarding who gets confessions beaten out of them more often when in custody? I’m an educated “brother” proud of my background that doesn’t include wasting my time pushing a divisive and falsity filled agenda on a Purdue Athletics forum. You’re not helping the problems in this country.
Man, you are no different than Candace Owens or Jesse Lee Peterson. Faux News will love to have you on as a guest. You are not helping sweeping this crap under the rug. Don't know where your dad grew up but ask him if it is a falsehood or not.

Let me ask you, should confederate flags and statues be taken down?

Man, you are no different than Candace Owens or Jesse Lee Peterson. Faux News will love to have you on as a guest. You are not helping sweeping this crap under the rug. Don't know where your dad grew up but ask him if it is a falsehood or not.

Man, I’m not sweeping anything under the rug. I am asking you why you are sweeping facts under the rug to push the agenda that you’re pushing. My father is aware of the injustices of the past. We’ve talked about them over the course of my life. My father is also aware of how far we have come in this country and the progress that has been made. Politicians and news organizations seem to desire the undoing of that progress to push false agendas just like you are. I don’t pay much mind to either because of the dividing they are doing.

And I don’t know what Faux News is but the only time I want to be a guest of anything is at the dinner table at Nana’s house!

Your infatuation with history that happened in the past is blinding you with what is going on today. Things have changed a lot. It’s time to recognize this and move on from decades of many years ago.

Reactions: Robinahood

You know I was enjoying the conversation between you and tearsforfears. But it's amazing how your tone changed when you asked to back up your facts.

Your infatuation with history that happened in the past is blinding you with what is going on today. Things have changed a lot. It’s time to recognize this and move on from decades of many years ago.
You heard the old saying, "If you don't know your history, you are bound to repeat it." The current wave of voter suppression laws that passed or on the books in 49 states is setting the country back well over 55 years.

Then you have all these so called "Karens" harassing and calling the police on black people for selling water, entering their own apartments, cheering kids during soccer games, picking up trash in front of their own building etc.

We’ve made a lot of positive progress in this country. It is sad to see others unable to acknowledge this while using our past against us in the present.

You heard the old saying, "If you don't know your history, you are bound to repeat it." The current wave of voter suppression laws that passed or on the books in 49 states is setting the country back well over 55 years.

Then you have all these so called "Karens" harassing and calling the police on black people for selling water, entering their own apartments, cheering kids during soccer games, picking up trash in front of their own building etc.
What are you trying to accomplish here on this board with this stuff?

Reactions: Crayfish57
You know I was enjoying the conversation between you and tearsforfears. But it's amazing how your tone changed when you asked to back up your facts.
Tone may have changed has nothing to do with facts or no facts. My third eye woke up. Just starting to wonder about this dude.

To give the black perspective about the topics at hand. Basically what black people are talking about on black talk radio and everyday circles.
But your “black perspective” is inaccurate and does not represent what a majority of educated blacks like us think. It’s also not rooted in reality. Your beliefs are not supported by what’s really happening right now. Black people in everyday circles do not talk about or believe in white supremacy as much as you do. Not even close.

But your “black perspective” is inaccurate and does not represent what a majority of educated blacks like us think. It’s also not rooted in reality. Your beliefs are not supported by what’s really happening right now. Black people in everyday circles do not talk about or believe in white supremacy as much as you do. Not even close.
I'm on to you now. You are not who you say you are.

You don’t think I’m me because I disagree with you?
Not necessarily. You are not who you are because you are spending so much time on here trying to dispute me. Then you totally dismissed black talk radio. Man you are now wasting my time.

Not necessarily. You are not who you are because you are spending so much time on here trying to dispute me. Then you totally dismissed black talk radio. Man you are now wasting my time.
You’ve dismissed plenty of things that I’ve brought up in response to you disputing your falsities. I made the mistake of getting involved here because I feel strongly about race and divisiveness. That’s a mistake I made. It’s hard having discussions with individuals who put their feelings and beliefs over reality like you do. And I dismissed black talk radio because that’s not my cup of tea. I’m too young and don’t listen. I don’t even think my Dad does either unless it’s local Dallas sports talk. Your time doesn’t seem too valuable to waste after reading what you’ve posted here. You’ve wasted plenty of your own time.

You’ve dismissed plenty of things that I’ve brought up in response to you disputing your falsities. I made the mistake of getting involved here because I feel strongly about race and divisiveness. That’s a mistake I made. It’s hard having discussions with individuals who put their feelings and beliefs over reality like you do. And I dismissed black talk radio because that’s not my cup of tea. I’m too young and don’t listen. I don’t even think my Dad does either unless it’s local Dallas sports talk. Your time doesn’t seem too valuable to waste after reading what you’ve posted here. You’ve wasted plenty of your own time.
You have a lot to learn. Perhaps your pops may validate what I'm trying to convey to you. Maybe not. Ask him about what he has seen and heard growing up.

And that’s ok. I’m very comfortable in my own skin. It is skin that I am proud of, certainly not ashamed of. I love my country as flawed as it may be.

His opinions seem to be uneducated and not factually based. I’m quite certain that my viewpoint of the country is more even keeled. He seems almost disturbed and sometimes downright hateful. My parents raised me to be different.
I’m not going to denigrate BNI (and you are not doing it either) because even though I don’t share his views and think on the whole they are misguided, I respect a person having passion outside his or her total self-interest. Your parents should be quite proud of the man you are and no doubt some of that came from their personal struggles instilling things of virtue in you. When I was a youngster MLK knew of the injustices at his time and before. He recognized those and dreamt of a day his children would be judged by the content of their character and not their skin color. He dreamt of a day where there would be no segregations and wanted a chance at equality…not equity. I can’t imagine how much better the country would be if “character” was an attribute that was pursued more diligently than we see.

Instead we have people in various positions stoking the fires of racism, sexism and anything else that can divide the country for their personal gain at the expense of the masses…many ignorant of such being played. A major democratic platform is based upon Intersectionality which purpose is to divide the country into victims and oppressors for personal gain.

Anyway, I don’t wish to distract what appears to me a sincere discussion between the various views held by each. FWIW, I have a brother-in-law (Oscar Espinosa Bradenton, Florida) who fled Paraguay leaving everything of worth for fear the communists would kill him. He came to New York City with a windbreaker and what he could bring. He was a surgeon in Paraguay and so he would pass newspapers for money, had one of those beds in the wall you pull down and would have an English Translation book alongside his medical book to learn English and become a doctor.

He is so grateful for what the USA afforded him and the work and struggles he went through to become a MD in the USA today. He stopped at the MD rather than becoming a licensed surgeon. I bring him up even though others may recall me mentioning him before due to his gratitude for the opportunity that was only found in the USA. Every year in his own quirky way he has about 150 small flags he puts out for Independence Day throughout the yard. He is in his 80s and still works trying to keep his mind sharp. Being born in the USA I feel pale in comparison to the gratitude he has since I never went through the obstacles he did.

You have a very calm and mature outlook…beyond the years of many born the same year as you. You will have a successful life, because of your values and interest in substance.

You have a lot to learn. Perhaps your pops may validate what I'm trying to convey to you. Maybe not. Ask him about what he has seen and heard growing up.
One should never stop learning throughout life. Talk radio probably won’t be a source that I choose to learn from. My Dad wouldn’t validate your approach of dismissing facts, putting feelings about race over the truth like you seem to. He’s seen and heard it all being raised in California and serving in the Marines before meeting my Mom and raising my sister and I. He’s a wise man that surrounded us with love and positivity. I’m thankful he’s my Dad.

Reactions: Robinahood
Delete my posts if you want to but stereotypes aren't funny. Stereotypes have led to certain folks getting bullied, profiled or even killed.
Where's your outrage...again I ask....for all the black on black crime? For officers being slain on the street? Do you support open season on white cops BNI? Any published outrage as their wives and children become orphans and widows?

I believe your time would be better spent working on that instead of what I call racial whining on an internet forum. Or working with young men and women black and white and Hispanic and Asians) as I've done for 50 years.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT