ADVERTISEMENT

So Slow Joe gets to appoint a black female to SCOTUS....if he keeps his promise.

Why should skin color and race matter? Shouldn’t the candidate first be judged by his/her merit

It shouldn't, but if Joe wants to keep his liberal base, he has to keep his campaign promise of appointing a black woman to SCOTUS. It's just another way the Dems keep ownership of the African-American community.

Why should skin color and race matter? Shouldn’t the candidate first be judged by his/her merits?
There never been a black woman SCOTUS before. It is way overdue. All of the black women candidates are well qualified.

He’s likely to appoint Ketanji Brown-Jackson. She was just appointed to the DC Court of Appeals in June 2021 by Brandon.
I had to look her up but she sure looks like what Joe would be looking for in a nominee-good catch.

There never been a black woman SCOTUS before. It is way overdue. All of the black women candidates are well qualified.
Way overdue? Because there have been a plethora of them that were passed over? Or just because we need to have one just to have one? Serious question. Why appoint someone to the SC if they aren't the most deserving. This social justice BS of quotas because of feelings and race is only going to hurt us more than anything else.

What makes them qualified in your eyes? That they’re black? That they’re all hardcore Progressives like Sotomayor and Kagan?
They all have good resumes and records like all the past SCOTUS nominees/current members.

Way overdue? Because there have been a plethora of them that were passed over? Or just because we need to have one just to have one? Serious question. Why appoint someone to the SC if they aren't the most deserving. This social justice BS of quotas because of feelings and race is only going to hurt us more than anything else.
Yes, there have been a plethora of them that have been passed over for years. One of the leading candidates is Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson who is a judge from the US Court of Appeals who was confirmed by the Senate last year. Noting to do with quotas. The woman is qualified. These black women are just as deserving as any other potential appointee.

Reactions: boiler44
Kamala can set the bar really low….it would be unfair to all of the black women judges who have truly earned the right to be appointed.

But leave it to Joe, I mean Brandon, to screw this up as well.
KAMALA HARRIS IS NOT A SCOTUS CANDIDATE. Stop watching Faux News.

Yes, there have been a plethora of them that have been passed over for years. One of the leading candidates is Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson who is a judge from the US Court of Appeals who was confirmed by the Senate last year. Noting to do with quotas. The woman is qualified. These black women are just as deserving as any other potential appointee.
The sad qualification in the selection by Biden is a black woman, and all others will not be considered. Most certainly you would agree, that skin color and gender is discrimination for the position, when all others won’t be under consideration.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
There’s also never been an Asian who won NFL MVP. Who cares?
Therein lies the problem, yo don't care. Most likely because there have been plenty of white SCOTUS in US history. You better believe that the Latino community were tickled to death when Sotomayor was appointed.

Therein lies the problem, yo don't care. Most likely because there have been plenty of white SCOTUS in US history. You better believe that the Latino community were tickled to death when Sotomayor was appointed.
No, I don’t care and I most likely don’t care because there have been plenty of white SCOTUS members in US history? Again, I don’t care and there’s no problem with living life not looking at everything and everyone through a racial lens like you seem to. There’s much more to life than identity politics and politics in general. I can’t believe how many people seem to waste their time posting about this stuff.

KAMALA HARRIS IS NOT A SCOTUS CANDIDATE. Stop watching Faux News.
That would not be real bright on the Dem's part to nominate her. Joe is old and then you have an open VP position. After the mid-terms presuming, they could not get a new VP in place before then that would leave the Speaker of the House to fill the position and the Rep's are exploring the prospect of making Trump the speaker if they regain the majority in the house. What a world.

I promoted you because you are black. That is it really.

There were better candidates. The only reason you got this job is because you are a black woman.

Is this a healthy culture?
You guys are something else. Your statement is the epitome of white supremacy. People get promoted all the time. You say nothing about white men who are promoted. Say nothing about Kavanaugh and others that were appointed SCOTUS and never question their credentials. But when a black woman is on the verge of being an appointee now they are not qualified or they are just promoted because they are black.

I promoted you because you are black. That is it really.

There were better candidates. The only reason you got this job is because you are a black woman.

Is this a healthy culture?
Politics aside, no, this quick scenario that you mention here does not represent a healthy culture.

You guys are something else. Your statement is the epitome of white supremacy. People get promoted all the time. You say nothing about white men who are promoted. Say nothing about Kavanaugh and others that were appointed SCOTUS and never question their credentials. But when a black woman is on the verge of being an appointee now they are not qualified or they are just promoted because they are black.
The epitome of white supremacy? Wow, you are nonsensically rambling to yourself and making little sense. I think it’s time for me to head back to reading Knucklehead Central. You seem to have a screw or ten of them loose. Is this really what you do with your time? Ramble about race?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Seems to me someone who flunked the bar exam would automatically be considered NOT qualified
Whether Harris flunked the bar exam on the first try or not, she was never considered for the SCOTUS.

The Republicans have nominated someone simply because he was black-Clarence Thomas. I guess that is all you are permitted to have because he sure was a weak candidate.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
That would not be real bright on the Dem's part to nominate her. Joe is old and then you have an open VP position. After the mid-terms presuming, they could not get a new VP in place before then that would leave the Speaker of the House to fill the position and the Rep's are exploring the prospect of making Trump the speaker if they regain the majority in the house. What a world.
No they’re not.

They are not qualified?
Give it a little thought. VP Harris was a prosecutor but do you honestly believe she is qualified to render a well thought opinion with absolutely zero experience as a judge? No person is qualified to sit on the bench at this level without years of judicial experience.

Reactions: BSIT
God you are such an Uncle Tom/Gumbo. Maybe because the employer specifically said they were going to hire a black woman. How many justice were ever already appointed by being white before it even came up? Not sure which is more obvious your stupidity or your constant 24/7 racism

Give it a little thought. VP Harris was a prosecutor but do you honestly believe she is qualified to render a well thought opinion with absolutely zero experience as a judge? No person is qualified to sit on the bench at this level without years of judicial experience.
While I generally agree with the opinion that Supreme Court justices ought to have judicial experience, there have been many who didn't, so I'm not sure it will necessarily matter.

Hope you’re right. I’m hearing news reports of her being on the short list
You are hearing that Faux News crap. Harris is not on the short list. She is not on the long list. She is on no list for SCOTUS. She is the VP and will be until something happens to Biden.

Reactions: Bill4411
The sad qualification in the selection by Biden is a black woman, and all others will not be considered. Most certainly you would agree, that skin color and gender is discrimination for the position, when all others won’t be under consideration.
And black women were equally considered before? There just aren't any because they weren't qualified?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT