ADVERTISEMENT

So much for the Red Wave!

Really? From Politico 2 days ago

The most encouraging poll for Republicans came in Oregon’s new 6th District, where Republican Mike Erickson led Democratic state Rep. Andrea Salinas by 7 points, 47 percent to 40 percent, with 13 percent undecided. In a district that Biden won by nearly 14 points, his approval rating is underwater by 20 points. Republicans lead on a generic ballot by 7 points — a rough reality for a seat that Democrats drew to be safe.

Reactions: bonefish1
Oz. Hershel. Masters in Arizona. The Senate is very much in play.

The house isn't but the margin will be less than was projected just a couple months ago.

Several trumpers sucking wind in the governor's races.

Oz. Hershel. Masters in Arizona. The Senate is very much in play.

The house isn't but the margin will be less than was projected just a couple months ago.

Several trumpers sucking wind in the governor's races.
That's mostly how I see it as well. I suspect the Dems will gain a few Senate seats. I can't imagine them holding the House at this point, despite the 538 generic polling average (the generic ballot is really only a general indicator anyway, and House seats are local elections; historically, the Dems have over-polled in it by a few points, as well). I have no idea how the governor's races will go. I think I'm most disappointed that Oz and Walker are the Senate candidates in Pennsylvania and Georgia. I think any generic Republican would have beaten Warnock, but Walker seems wanting (badly).

That's mostly how I see it as well. I suspect the Dems will gain a few Senate seats. I can't imagine them holding the House at this point, despite the 538 generic polling average (the generic ballot is really only a general indicator anyway, and House seats are local elections; historically, the Dems have over-polled in it by a few points, as well). I have no idea how the governor's races will go. I think I'm most disappointed that Oz and Walker are the Senate candidates in Pennsylvania and Georgia. I think any generic Republican would have beaten Warnock, but Walker seems wanting (badly).
Agreed.
No way the Dems keep the house.
Trump supported some of these candidates based on loyalty......and it's going to hurt the pubs. Might cost them the Senate. There were better candidates in Pennsylvania.....and I don't know how anyone thinks Walker was a good pick. Probably be closer than it should be.....although I agree Warnock is not that strong. He wouldn't have gotten in last time if trump hadn't messed it up in Georgia.

Lake for governor in Arizona is an extreme trump supporter. Lots of them in Arizona races. Be interesting to see how that turns out. Mastriano looks beat in Pennsylvania.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Pretty sure OP is just an IU troll.
That, and the generic ballot is basically meaningless in a mid-term election. The Rs still have the enthusiasm gap in their favor, which is in-line with the premise that the party in the WH typically loses seats in the mid-terms. Ds will lose seats, it’s just a matter of how many.

I think there will be some surprises in states where Rs haven’t fared well in the last 20 years - OR, CT, CA…..

Trumpian candidates for Senate and Governor in CT are running surprisingly well this year vs. people like Ned Lamont and Dick Blumenthal. It will not be easy to win for Rs, but in the past it would have been no contest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT