still play with heart for Purdue. NBA prospects
will, but will the player at the end of the bench
that gets a cut still play with heart? What the
hell, just give everybody 100K.

... a snippet from Tom Dienhart's article:

Players want cut of revenue​

News surfaced recently about Big Ten players
meeting with Warren to discuss a number of
topics, one of which was revenue sharing.
“One of the reasons why we're forming our Student-
Athlete Advisory and Advocacy Committee is just
to be able to have discussions not only about money
but about environment,” said Warren.
The players were led by Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford.
"I've already started some dialogue with our student-athletes," said Warren. "We're going to amplify that committee here quickly. I want to hear it from them. I want to be a great listener to figure out what is important to them. It's so easy to talk about money and share money, but what does that really mean? I want to make sure that I listen and learn to be able to have big ears and a small mouth to truly understand what's important to them."

Ok, I'm back. I say, if they get a cut, do away with schollies.
They can pay their own way.

With all the money flowing and NBA not being a plodding
league, maybe Zach will stay 4years. I'm all for giving him
a big payday.

Last edited:
Reactions: indyogb
My patience for this is getting pretty thin. If they want to 'unionize' and get a slice of the pie, maybe they should pay their own room, board, tuition, and fees. I don't mind players making money on side jobs, their 'likeness', or whatever, but if they want to be minor league players (although most MiLB players don't make all that much money), then maybe college athletics needs to bow out and a different paradigm for the NBA and NFL needs to be developed (and/or, I just need to find another 'hobby' to occupy my time).

My patience for this is getting pretty thin. If they want to 'unionize' and get a slice of the pie, maybe they should pay their own room, board, tuition, and fees. I don't mind players making money on side jobs, their 'likeness', or whatever, but if they want to be minor league players (although most MiLB players don't make all that much money), then maybe college athletics needs to bow out and a different paradigm for the NBA and NFL needs to be developed (and/or, I just need to find another 'hobby' to occupy my time).
Right now scholarships are renewed each year. The counter would be for b10 teams to release under performing players or players that got recruited over. If this is going to a professional model where players can become a free agents after each year then the opposite should be on the table.

Right now scholarships are renewed each year. The counter would be for b10 teams to release under performing players or players that got recruited over. If this is going to a professional model where players can become a free agents after each year then the opposite should be on the table.
I like the counter but aren’t schools basically doing that already? (ie Creaning)

ADVERTISEMENT