ADVERTISEMENT

So CMP says EASTERN is being influenced by relatives....

I'm working from home 11 hours plus a few today with some intensity. They get me longer but I still dont want to go in ;)
TJ....My neighbor is/was the longest tenured (56 years) and oldest worker (76 years) at the Stamping plant in Marion. Never married, lost his only brother last year, never travels, has maxed his PSP since it's inception...probably worth 7 million or more. Always said he would not ever retire. Well, they called them back in to work on Monday, they took his temperature (it was fine), they gave him a mask and told him to put it on. He looked at them and said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to do this shit", walked up to HR and signed his retirement and walked back out to his truck and came home. I guess it's causing a lot of folks to think that it might be the right time to leave. Also heard rumor that there may be two more cases at the GM plant in Kokomo.

Reactions: ejs1111 and tjreese
I'm working from home 11 hours plus a few today with some intensity. They get me longer but I still dont want to go in ;)
Boy am I glad I gave up my one day a week consulting gig at the VA. Talked to a co-worker a couple weeks ago. Seems Audiologist are part of the national response team but not allowed to see patients so for $90K+ a year they're going in daily to make masks. The government thought process at its finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
TJ....My neighbor is/was the longest tenured (56 years) and oldest worker (76 years) at the Stamping plant in Marion. Never married, lost his only brother last year, never travels, has maxed his PSP since it's inception...probably worth 7 million or more. Always said he would not ever retire. Well, they called them back in to work on Monday, they took his temperature (it was fine), they gave him a mask and told him to put it on. He looked at them and said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to do this shit", walked up to HR and signed his retirement and walked back out to his truck and came home. I guess it's causing a lot of folks to think that it might be the right time to leave. Also heard rumor that there may be two more cases at the GM plant in Kokomo.
4 dead in Howard County yesterday

Reactions: tjreese
I'm right there with him. ;) I heard there were two more cases as well.

I'm right there with him. ;) I heard there were two more cases as well.
It wouldn’t surprise me. I had a recent death in the family and had to return to Kokomo about a month ago and I stayed in the same hotel as the folks from out of town who were working on the ventilator team and they were not social distancing at all. They were all from different areas of the country and hung out in the lobby or around the bonfire in the back. No masks, no distancing and about 30 people all in a confined space. It was a bit worrisome as my area hasn’t seen a lot of cases and I was entering an area that had seen more per capita then my adopted hometown.
Ironically I also had to go to Cass county on the way they announced the huge uptick in cases from the meat plant. Luckily I find catch anything as I tried to keep my distance but it was worrisome at the time.

It wouldn’t surprise me. I had a recent death in the family and had to return to Kokomo about a month ago and I stayed in the same hotel as the folks from out of town who were working on the ventilator team and they were not social distancing at all. They were all from different areas of the country and hung out in the lobby or around the bonfire in the back. No masks, no distancing and about 30 people all in a confined space. It was a bit worrisome as my area hasn’t seen a lot of cases and I was entering an area that had seen more per capita then my adopted hometown.
Ironically I also had to go to Cass county on the way they announced the huge uptick in cases from the meat plant. Luckily I find catch anything as I tried to keep my distance but it was worrisome at the time.
I suspect those guys were from Michigan. Interesting what they did at work...and then on their own

sorry to learn of the death... :(

ADVERTISEMENT