ADVERTISEMENT

So CMP says EASTERN is being influenced by relatives....

You're acting like this is some sort of sudden realization. This was obvious from day one. We literally heard it right from his mom's mouth(keyboard) over and over again about how Purdue/painter was holding him back and he wasn't happy here. Many just chose not to listen.

You're acting like this is some sort of sudden realization. This was obvious from day one. We literally heard it right from his mom's mouth(keyboard) over and over again about how Purdue/painter was holding him back and he wasn't happy here. Many just chose not to listen.
No, I realized it early on but I thought...and hoped...it had settled down. My guess....those folks teaching him to shoot in the summer are the same hanger on's that talked him into leaving and seeking that Golden Baton.

No, I realized it early on but I thought...and hoped...it had settled down. My guess....those folks teaching him to shoot in the summer are the same hanger on's that talked him into leaving and seeking that Golden Baton.
It is exactly this reason that I hope the NCAA does not approve the proposed new transfer rule. There are going to be so many people getting into the heads of freshman and sophomores all over the country telling them that the grass will be greener at their school or someplace else. Too many will make decisions that turn out to be worse for them in the long run, than if they had just worked a little harder and longer and stayed where they were at.

My guess, they (and maybe his mama) see him as a meal ticket which wasn't happening at Purdue. I've supported him all his time at PU, but right now after reading the article, I could care less if he ever sniffs even a D League game. The coach in me is a bit pissed with that attitude.

He's listening to the wrong people.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this after hearing his mom's diatribes over and over again? And the ones on here who sucked up to her made me just smile and think to myself WTF??

My guess, they (and maybe his mama) see him as a meal ticket which wasn't happening at Purdue. I've supported him all his time at PU, but right now after reading the article, I could care less if he ever sniffs even a D League game. The coach in me is a bit pissed with that attitude.

It took an interview on Dan Dakich radio for you to understand that? Didn't you interact with his mother daily on here for years while pretending to be a Purdue fan?

Surprised one of your "friends" with infinite inside knowledge couldn't have laid it out better for you.

As others said, nothing wrong with supporting and defending Nojel during his time here. By all accounts he was a good kid and teammate.

Treed, on the other hand, wore out her welcome here IMO. I quite enjoyed her posting the first year; it offered unique insight and perspective. It turned for me after his freshmen year when she posted, threatening him to transfer. Freaking terrible thing to throw out on social media / message boards! I don't care that she deleted the posts, enough people saw them.

Then during the 18-19 season (and some during this past year) she posted complaints that Painter wasn't running enough high-ball screens for him or featuring him enough in the offense. Ugg lady! For chissake, in 18-19 the Boilers had one of the greatest scorers in school history (Carsen) and one of the better 3 point shooters in school history (Cline). Where did she expect the offense to run through?

And this year, Nojel got his chance to be featured more, and she still blamed coach...made me ill to read her continued drivel. She'd also frequently post her opinion, and say it was FACT. Anyway, I bit my lip (as other's did) and refrained from posting to her.

I feel for Nojel because that's some of the worst examples of a helicopter parent ever. Really glad she won't be posting on here anymore. Lastly, I think Purdue's message boards are rather tame compared to other schools. And if Nojel does ever make it to the NBA, look out -- fans are completely ruthless at the pro level. I can only imagine her arguing with hundreds of people at a time on social media / message boards and blaming yet another coach. Brutal man, just brutal. Her posts were super cringe.

As others said, nothing wrong with supporting and defending Nojel during his time here. By all accounts he was a good kid and teammate.

Treed, on the other hand, wore out her welcome here IMO. I quite enjoyed her posting the first year; it offered unique insight and perspective. It turned for me after his freshmen year when she posted, threatening him to transfer. Freaking terrible thing to throw out on social media / message boards! I don't care that she deleted the posts, enough people saw them.

Then during the 18-19 season (and some during this past year) she posted complaints that Painter wasn't running enough high-ball screens for him or featuring him enough in the offense. Ugg lady! For chissake, in 18-19 the Boilers had one of the greatest scorers in school history (Carsen) and one of the better 3 point shooters in school history (Cline). Where did she expect the offense to run through?

And this year, Nojel got his chance to be featured more, and she still blamed coach...made me ill to read her continued drivel. She'd also frequently post her opinion, and say it was FACT. Anyway, I bit my lip (as other's did) and refrained from posting to her.

I feel for Nojel because that's some of the worst examples of a helicopter parent ever. Really glad she won't be posting on here anymore. Lastly, I think Purdue's message boards are rather tame compared to other schools. And if Nojel does ever make it to the NBA, look out -- fans are completely ruthless at the pro level. I can only imagine her arguing with hundreds of people at a time on social media / message boards and blaming yet another coach. Brutal man, just brutal. Her posts were super cringe.

Unfortunately, I didn't bite my tongue enough and essentially said the same thing you just did. There were numerous people here who tried to tell me I was full of sh!t.

I'm doubtful he gets a sniff at W Mich. Who really needs a player that has to sit for a year and only can give one year when he brings along Mama and is an offensive liability?
Curious? Do you think he's "done" as a player? He had to get his head on straight this year ... ???

Unfortunately, I didn't bite my tongue enough and essentially said the same thing you just did. There were numerous people here who tried to tell me I was full of sh!t.
You were full of shit, and still are.

Hey, just didn’t want you to get too full of yourself, just because you were right. No need to come on here and give us the I told you so routine, because we do recognize your superiority in divining teenagers psychology.

Now, I do think you were somewhat abrupt and rude to a player’s mother. In fact you baited her a few times. In your defense, she had no business posting on here, and many of us tried to get her to stop.

Somebody in the past posted he wouldn’t be surprised if 2-3 current boilers left after they saw they were being recruited over and their chances of starting and becoming stars was taken away by younger players. And that person was called a fool and other things. And now when he says I told you so, you call his posts borish behavior! Perhaps if you didn’t first call him a fool, he wouldn’t have the desire to show you a mirror!

it’s ok to call others fools and other harassment, but when they are right all along, it’s not ok to tell you where to go with your harassing posts?

ok! If that’s the way you roll! Deal with if!

It took an interview on Dan Dakich radio for you to understand that? Didn't you interact with his mother daily on here for years while pretending to be a Purdue fan?

Surprised one of your "friends" with infinite inside knowledge couldn't have laid it out better for you.
Hey Mo.....You know, I've come to the conclusion you're an idiot. No where did I say I listened to the Dakich interview. You are an IU fan on a PU board, a pretend coach who may have had a one year stint in T Ball. Again,you lie by saying I interacted daily, which I didn't.... but when I did I treated her and Nojel very civil, which we all should have.. And, BTW..... my friends would believe you're an idiot as well. You'd be better served trying to find elevator shoes for your boy, Lil' Arch.

Hey Mo.....You know, I've come to the conclusion you're an idiot. No where did I say I listened to the Dakich interview. You are an IU fan on a PU board, a pretend coach who may have had a one year stint in T Ball. Again,you lie by saying I interacted daily, which I didn't.... but when I did I treated her and Nojel very civil, which we all should have.. And, BTW..... my friends would believe you're an idiot as well. You'd be better served trying to find elevator shoes for your boy, Lil' Arch.

That’s an awfully clever come back. You’re an IU fan pretending to be a Purdue on a Purdue board. I guess that makes you what...a loser?

You were full of shit, and still are.

Hey, just didn’t want you to get too full of yourself, just because you were right. No need to come on here and give us the I told you so routine, because we do recognize your superiority in divining teenagers psychology.

Now, I do think you were somewhat abrupt and rude to a player’s mother. In fact you baited her a few times. In your defense, she had no business posting on here, and many of us tried to get her to stop.

LMAO. I was never rude to her. I just provided my opinion that she didn't like. And at the time, you didn't like. You may say I'm full of shit, but at least I was a straight shooter and said what I meant. BTW, I also tried to get her to stop posting here numerous times. I could be wrong, but I don't remember you ever suggesting that to her.

I’ve disagreed with twin on many issues. But my disagreements have always been civil. Perhaps it’s time the rest of you would learn to keep your disagreements civil and stop the name calling. Just because you disagree with a person’s viewpoint or perspective doesn’t mean the person is a troll or some IU lover or all suffering from dimentia or off his meds! It would be in all of your best interests if you disagree with somebody’s viewpoints, it is in your best interest to refrain from your typical name calling and stick to the subject being addressed!

otherwise you are only encouraging the inevitable post:

I also told you so and your response was to put me on ignore because you didn’t want to hear my opinions!

-1979-1980: Asst coach/Admissions director JUCO (SE IL)
-1981: HC Girls HS/neighboring town (SE IL)..taught health
-1982-1985: HC Boys (SE IL same HS)...taught Health
-1986-1993: Asst coach Boys (IPS)...Administrator IPS
-1993-1995: did not coach/administrator (IPS)
-1996-2004: Asst coach Boys (Hamilton Co)/IPS administrator
-2005-2011: Asst AD Hamilton Co (HCC)

I officially “retired” from education and subsequent coaching in 2011 although volunteered until 2015 with various AAU programs. Now I just enjoy being a grandad and conversing with you fine folk.

Somebody in the past posted he wouldn’t be surprised if 2-3 current boilers left after they saw they were being recruited over and their chances of starting and becoming stars was taken away by younger players. And that person was called a fool and other things. And now when he says I told you so, you call his posts borish behavior! Perhaps if you didn’t first call him a fool, he wouldn’t have the desire to show you a mirror!

it’s ok to call others fools and other harassment, but when they are right all along, it’s not ok to tell you where to go with your harassing posts?

ok! If that’s the way you roll! Deal with if!

oh, bullsh*t.

Like most other topics, there was significant conversation. Agreement, disagreement, and everything in-between. You've called people the equivalent of a fool and been wrong. Big deal. It's what we do here. What utter nonsense.

Bigs, sometimes you're spot on, other times you pull stuff out your arse. This is an example of the latter.

oh, bullsh*t.

Like most other topics, there was significant conversation. Agreement, disagreement, and everything in-between. You've called people the equivalent of a fool and been wrong. Big deal. It's what we do here. What utter nonsense.

Bigs, sometimes you're spot on, other times you pull stuff out your arse. This is an example of the latter.
I can't believe I'm about to agree/confirm with Biggie but he is right. At least about there being a poster on here during the season predicting 2-3 players leaving. I don't think it was BoilerKyle, who hasn't been on here from what I've seen.

Reactions: Wolegib
I can't believe I'm about to agree/confirm with Biggie but he is right. At least about there being a poster on here during the season predicting 2-3 players leaving. I don't think it was BoilerKyle, who hasn't been on here from what I've seen.

Every year people are prognosticating on issues like the number of players leaving.

Every year it's debated, ad nauseum. Some are right, some are wrong. Usually, the discussion becomes passionate (like many threads/topics).

Big deal.

We can make up participation trophies.

;)

:D

I mean there may have been more than 1 person saying that, but I was definitely one of them. I said the writing was on the wall with 7 guards to fill 6 spots and would not at all be surprised if at least 1 transferred out. I even said if I had to guess who it would be that Nojel would be my guess. I do think there were 1 or 2 others that agreed or said similar things though. I guess seeing where the situation was headed and correctly predicting it on a public forum makes us the bad guys

That gonna be a hungry bunch if they see him as a meal ticket....

Curious? Do you think he's "done" as a player? He had to get his head on straight this year ... ???
I have a fear that the young man may never finish his degree. All too often we've seen players leaving a team only to not find a home elsewhere and ending up without educational completion. I do not think his dream of playing is over. I do think his options will be much less than his advisors believe will be available. This is all just guessing on my part. I hope life gives him opportunities because I believe he's a good though misguided young man.

Every year people are prognosticating on issues like the number of players leaving.

Every year it's debated, ad nauseum. Some are right, some are wrong. Usually, the discussion becomes passionate (like many threads/topics).

Big deal.

We can make up participation trophies.

;)

:D
I predicted that Luce would leave the program following the season. Told you so!

I officially “retired” from education and subsequent coaching in 2011 although volunteered until 2015 with various AAU programs. Now I just enjoy being a grandad and conversing with you fine folk.
Are you an ex IU BBall player ? If so I think I may know who it is. If so that’s cool.

I think there were plenty that heard, but plenty hopeful he would be influenced differently by coaches and players. I feel for the kid and not that I think he got a bad deal. I feel for him in what might have been...starting before last year. That said, I'm excited for the future...just have to find a way of playing when tre is not on the court and there are 3...maybe 4 potential ways and not equally weighted if I had to guess today

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

Know Kurt Ogden or Brett Bailey?

LMAO. I was never rude to her. I just provided my opinion that she didn't like. And at the time, you didn't like. You may say I'm full of shit, but at least I was a straight shooter and said what I meant. BTW, I also tried to get her to stop posting here numerous times. I could be wrong, but I don't remember you ever suggesting that to her.
Hey, I am just as full of shit as you are, damn it!
Yes, I did suggest that she stop posting several times over the years. I was not very successful as far as that goes. I will just have to live with that Soul crushing failure.

:cool:

Guard Mac McClung, Georgetown’s leading scorer this past season as a sophomore, said Wednesday he will enter the NCAA transfer portal and apply for immediate eligibility, looks like a VERY interesting prospect!

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT