ADVERTISEMENT

Sindelar tweet re: ACL

IU fans must really be in fear of how strong Purdue will be once Brohm gets his recruits in place. In Brohm We trust!

IU fans must really be in fear of how strong Purdue will be once Brohm gets his recruits in place. In Brohm We trust!

Honestly I think once Moore is here and if he pans out (and that seems like a reasonable proposition given Brohm’s track record) it could get violent in terms of what Brohm can do...

I expect Sparks, Wright and Zico to see massive improvement.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Honestly I think once Moore is here and if he pans out (and that seems like a reasonable proposition given Brohm’s track record) it could get violent in terms of what Brohm can do...

I expect Sparks, Wright and Zico to see massive improvement.

It's going to be hard to get time as a WR next year. DJ Edwards, Wright, Hamilton, Moore, possibly Ahmad if the others aren't up to what CJB is expecting.

Sparks and Anthrop are going to have to really battle for minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing Ahmad flip to DB if need be. On paper the WRs would be much better and I expect a lot more depth and talent on the Oline.

Would like to see a grad transfer DL, DB, and LB for depth purposes. I think CJB made good players great, but losing Mosley, Bently, and McCollum are going to be difficult to replace. They are losing more than that obviously, but those 3 played out of their minds all year and provided incredible leadership that held the defense together.

I think next year's team will be better. 2 Injured QBs going into spring will be interesting, but if the offense improves like it should and the defense somewhat resembles what it did this year, Purdue could make some noise.

I agree. :D I could see him as hardcore enough to continue to hold on to it, even if the Boilers somehow lose the game.
:D

I'm counting the days until we hang half a 100 on them. My guess is that it happens in about 700 days.

It's going to be hard to get time as a WR next year. DJ Edwards, Wright, Hamilton, Moore, possibly Ahmad if the others aren't up to what CJB is expecting.

Sparks and Anthrop are going to have to really battle for minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing Ahmad flip to DB if need be. On paper the WRs would be much better and I expect a lot more depth and talent on the Oline.

Would like to see a grad transfer DL, DB, and LB for depth purposes. I think CJB made good players great, but losing Mosley, Bently, and McCollum are going to be difficult to replace. They are losing more than that obviously, but those 3 played out of their minds all year and provided incredible leadership that held the defense together.

I think next year's team will be better. 2 Injured QBs going into spring will be interesting, but if the offense improves like it should and the defense somewhat resembles what it did this year, Purdue could make some noise.

Purdue is bringing in five DB's already. I doubt they'd want to move a potential playmaker like Anderson, who is enrolling early, to DB.

Purdue is bringing in five DB's already. I doubt they'd want to move a potential playmaker like Anderson, who is enrolling early, to DB.

It will be interesting to see how many of those 5 DBs can play corner. Almost all of them project to be safeties. Purdue is going to need speed at that position and Anderson has incredible speed. They won't move him if they need him at WR, but if WR ends up as a glut position, maybe they give him a shot at corner? Nothing wrong with compition to get the most out of your talent. Not saying they will, but he is listed as an athlete for a reason. He can literally do it all. As it stands, he will be one of the better players on the roster as a true freshman with potential to be a game breaker fairly early.

I would also say that none of the 5 DBs they are bringing in are ready to start next year. Mackey should be able to start, but do you feel good enough about any of the other CBs on the roster? And even if you do, what if an injury happens? Or what if they are needing to run a 5 DB defensive set?

Jallow did not look good at times and Purdue is losing 3 starting DBs next year. You feel good going in about 2. That leaves two open with questions about depth. A grad transfer is the ideal route route here, and we will have to wait and see on that. Purdue is going to need playmakers on offense and defense and I think Anderson can be both.

I really liked Anthrop's play on special teams and kick offs! He caught the ball and made some moves! I doubt he'll be one of those types that has 90 yard returns for TDs , but he will succeed! The announcers kept talking about him as being our leading go to receiver! But the majority of his catches were early in the season when we had a shorter pass game! Our passing game seemed to evolve in the last 4 games! While he has great hands, I believe he will have a new role with the arrival of our new receivers! Sort of a 3 and 5 type guy when we need that 6 yard catch to keep the drive alive!

It will be interesting to see how many of those 5 DBs can play corner. Almost all of them project to be safeties. Purdue is going to need speed at that position and Anderson has incredible speed. They won't move him if they need him at WR, but if WR ends up as a glut position, maybe they give him a shot at corner? Nothing wrong with compition to get the most out of your talent. Not saying they will, but he is listed as an athlete for a reason. He can literally do it all. As it stands, he will be one of the better players on the roster as a true freshman with potential to be a game breaker fairly early.

Mackey, Abrams, Majors, Ball, Perkins, and Rucker all project at corner.

Even if he hadn't redshirted, there would be no real benefit! With our success, Brohm is now targeting more 4 and 5 star receivers and actuallly receiving interest from them! I have to believe they liked what they saw and our receiving corp will be even more talented in the future! Guys like Taylor, Moore and Anderson could all start as freshmen. And there will be even better receivers coming our way! Anthrop was great, but he knows his talents and also limitations! I believe what you saw in the bowl game is a glimpse of the future

I would also say that none of the 5 DBs they are bringing in are ready to start next year. Mackey should be able to start, but do you feel good enough about any of the other CBs on the roster? And even if you do, what if an injury happens? Or what if they are needing to run a 5 DB defensive set?

Jallow did not look good at times and Purdue is losing 3 starting DBs next year. You feel good going in about 2. That leaves two open with questions about depth. A grad transfer is the ideal route route here, and we will have to wait and see on that. Purdue is going to need playmakers on offense and defense and I think Anderson can be both.

I think if Cason can keep his head on straight he could start next year. Blackmon is pretty decent as a walk on. Hayes needs to bounce back. He showed a bit as a freshman and maybe with another year of real coaching could perform at this level

Reactions: pboiler18
I think if Cason can keep his head on straight he could start next year. Blackmon is pretty decent as a walk on. Hayes needs to bounce back. He showed a bit as a freshman and maybe with another year of real coaching could perform at this level

Right now I think it is Cason and Mackey as projected starters at CB. Thieneman and Jallow at Safety. It will be interesting as they go to camp to see who steps up. There may be somebody on the roster that takes the off season and really improves enough to jump up and take a spot. It's also possible you see a true freshman play some meaningful minutes, which is generally less than ideal. Purdue is really going to need some pass rush next year to protect the DBs. They can't be left on an island like this year.

Mackey, Abrams, Majors, Ball, Perkins, and Rucker all project at corner.

Everything I have seen said Abrams and Ball project more as a safety. Doesn't mean they won't play corner out of necessity though. Also, Perkins is one of the lower rated recruits in this class while Majors and Abrams are 2 star guys. Doesn't mean they can't play, but it would be more of a pleasant surprise if they can contribute next year than an expectation. I like what I saw out of Rucker, but he would benefit from a redshirt year.

Obviously I trust the coaches so if they don't seek out a graduate transfer or move Anderson over, they feel good enough about what they have, but I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is faster than all of the returning DBs. That is a position I would love to see get faster. It will help compete with top tier teams. I would give Anderson a shot to see if he can play on the defensive side in camp and see how he does. Tell him it's the fastest way to see the field and if it doesn't work, put him back on offense and let him be a star. But I feel good about the two RS freshman WRs, Taylor, Zico, Wright, and Moore next year. A lot better than I do about the DBs. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Side note: it has got to be a good thing that I am already excited about spring ball to see what we have. Already counting down! I can't remember being this excited for football season. Last year I was cautiously optimistic expecting around 5 wins. I expect 6 wins to be the starting point of expectations and will go from there depending on how the camps go.

Everything I have seen said Abrams and Ball project more as a safety. Doesn't mean they won't play corner out of necessity though. Also, Perkins is one of the lower rated recruits in this class while Majors and Abrams are 2 star guys. Doesn't mean they can't play, but it would be more of a pleasant surprise if they can contribute next year than an expectation. I like what I saw out of Rucker, but he would benefit from a redshirt year.

Obviously I trust the coaches so if they don't seek out a graduate transfer or move Anderson over, they feel good enough about what they have, but I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is faster than all of the returning DBs. That is a position I would love to see get faster. It will help compete with top tier teams. I would give Anderson a shot to see if he can play on the defensive side in camp and see how he does. Tell him it's the fastest way to see the field and if it doesn't work, put him back on offense and let him be a star. But I feel good about the two RS freshman WRs, Taylor, Zico, Wright, and Moore next year. A lot better than I do about the DBs. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Side note: it has got to be a good thing that I am already excited about spring ball to see what we have. Already counting down! I can't remember being this excited for football season. Last year I was cautiously optimistic expecting around 5 wins. I expect 6 wins to be the starting point of expectations and will go from there depending on how the camps go.

Brohm said Ball is starting out at corner on signing day. They prefer size and length in secondary as they play mostly zone.

Abrams is a corner and had it not been for a knee injury in camp he would've played a lot. I was surprised myself, however the coaches love him at corner.

Perkins needs strength, but his arms are extremely long, which the staff loves. Rucker has a chance to play next season at corner.

The offense needs playmakers in the worst way, so unless Anderson can't catch or learn routes, he's staying arb WR.

Reactions: pboiler18
I really liked Anthrop's play on special teams and kick offs! He caught the ball and made some moves! I doubt he'll be one of those types that has 90 yard returns for TDs , but he will succeed! The announcers kept talking about him as being our leading go to receiver! But the majority of his catches were early in the season when we had a shorter pass game! Our passing game seemed to evolve in the last 4 games! While he has great hands, I believe he will have a new role with the arrival of our new receivers! Sort of a 3 and 5 type guy when we need that 6 yard catch to keep the drive alive!

Disagree on special teams. We need a threat as a punt returner. Anthrop, although reliable, was an automatic fair catch on every punt.

Reactions: Boiler8285

Major is going to be a good player for Purdue. He's very physical (loves to hit) and is a sure tackler with good speed. Brohm has really done well with his school, as Major, Catlett, and Trice are from there.

Disagree on special teams. We need a threat as a punt returner. Anthrop, although reliable, was an automatic fair catch on every punt.

To be fair to him I believe that is what the ST coach wanted.

May change when we get a player with good return skills to go along with Anthrop like realibility to catch the ball

To be fair to him I believe that is what the ST coach wanted.

May change when we get a player with good return skills to go along with Anthrop like realibility to catch the ball

No argument that it wasn't Anthrop's choice. But the threat wasn't there regardless. There were yards available, but they didn't take advantage of that. To be honest, I was not impressed with special teams, with the exception of kickoff/punt coverage. The decision to use Dellinger on longer kicks was peculiar. I didn't see development of the kickers in general. Again, wasn't impressed.

I was very impressed with our special teams tackling. Evans' kicks were higher than usual, but also shorter. As a result, rather than starting on the 25, they were starting within the 20. Maybe that was the plan, or maybe that was pure coincidence.

Rambling thoughts, but how about Sparks as a return man? looking at the receiver list above, he would probably fall behind Moore, Anderson, Taylor, Hamiliton, and Wright.

Do we have a receiver or dback known as a return man?

talk about a thread changing direction...ES's ACL to DB's, WR's and ST.

anyway the fair catch on punts seems so anti-brohm. he was a gambler in a lot of situations. seems very conservative for coach. :-}

Well Sindelar's tweet and his smile just seemed to say, don't worry about me, I'll be fine! Boiler Up! And carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT