ADVERTISEMENT

Should Purdue go after a transfer QB..?

Should Purdue go after a transfer QB..?

• Yes. It’s our best chance at defending our West title.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • No. It may cost us but let’s get the young guys going.

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters

IronChefBBQ

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
Next year’s schedule sets up nicely to have a chance at repeating. However, as of now, we’re looking at having quarterbacks with “minimal” game experience…

I believe it’s always good to have experience at QB. Look at AOC. He beat out an experienced WB for the starting position! We have a couple of very talented young QBs. They could learn a lot from an experienced qb. An I believe they would love the challenge of competing for the starting spot

You must not be looking at the same schedule I am, there is nothing nice about it.
We could finish 6-2 if we can finally beat Wisconsin. If not, 5-3 still has us in the thick of things. It will be difficult with a QB without any prior real game experience, however…

Maybe someone like Kurtis Rourke of Ohio or Grayson McCall of Coastal Carolina. Both are coming off major injuries, so they might be under the radar of the big boys if they enter the portal.

Reactions: pboiler18
I think we should look at a transfer QB, but I think we should be also looking for other transfers at well in the secondary, DE, and WR too.
Agree. Secondary is a must!! A proven WR and LB would be nice also. QB is a littler farther down on the need list for me unless a guy comes up you can’t pass on. No doubt in my mind Brohm will be on the look out for anyone that he thinks that can help the team. I think the transfer class was solid last year so hopefully he can do it again to add depth to the team. These next few months are always interesting with the way the transfer portal is now!

Last edited:
Burton was the week 4 starter when Aidan was out. Not Alaimo in his 3rd year in the system. No, a running QB for whom they had to call a basic vanilla flavored offense, and threw for 166 yards against a mediocre C-USA team. If you can bring in a legit proven QB and Alaimo doesn't want to stick around and compete, so be it. His recruiting rank is irrelevant at this point. You can find another PWO for depth. Get a legit QB1 candidate to compete with Allen.

I’m all for it. If we could get Grayson McCall like a previous poster suggested, I would be all in.

We could finish 6-2 if we can finally beat Wisconsin. If not, 5-3 still has us in the thick of things. It will be difficult with a QB without any prior real game experience, however…
Luke Fickell and quite possibly retaining Jim Leonhard will be damn hard to beat. Purdue fumbled a golden opportunity this year which was very disappointing.

I believe we need to add some transfers at several positions to be starters like at LB, OL and DB.

However, I’d like to take painter basketball approach and add an experienced QB transfer to help mentor our young talented QBs. we all like the way Loyer has progressed. But Jenkins was still a very smart addition as a transfer. I also liked that Michigan PG that transferred as a grad to play basketball. He didn’t start either, but he provided experience and practice to those that did.

I’d love to add the QB transferring from Michigan. I doubt he wants to join a team as a backup, but you never know. What I’d like to see is somebody with experience who might be looking to be a coach someday. A grad transfer.

And our two young QBs need to know, nothing is just given to them. And if they fail, it’s ok. I have to believe AOC learned a lot from the other QBs on our roster.

I’m all for it. If we could get Grayson McCall like a previous poster suggested, I would be all in.
I think it depends what Alaimo does, he entered the portal before, I hope he sticks it out though because I believe he's talented. If he goes, a guy like Davis Brin from Tulsa would be good. But really, we need some speed at WR, LB, Linemen, and 2ndary

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler8285
I have to believe there will be a lot of quality WRs wanting to transfer. Look who we acquired last year.

I haven’t been a huge fan of Brohm’s play calling, but I said from day 1, as a recruiter, he has his pulse on every possible talent including hs, juco , transfers, and grad transfers.

Look at the two WRs he lured in from Iowa this year.

There is an OL leaving Alabama. I suspect there will be many players to choose from and Brohm gets his fair share.

I'm going to be bummed if Purdue doesn't land a former 4 or 5 star Wr in the portal OR someone who is a proven commodity looking to get on a bigger stage in the Brohmfense.

I'm going to be bummed if Purdue doesn't land a former 4 or 5 star Wr in the portal OR someone who is a proven commodity looking to get on a bigger stage in the Brohmfense.
I'm w/ ya on this, that's why I mentioned that Lovett kid from Mizzou. Marcus Allen from Wisky, Darrell Harding from Duke and there 's a good one from Charlotte

Transfer QBs are becoming more common in College Football.

It is not a knock on your recruits, but you think LSU is unhappy that Burrow transferred to them for one year, Justin Fields was a transfer to Ohio State, Kyler Murray was a transfer, on and on. Big time programs are using transfers, but it doesn't mean that they don't recruit big time recruits either. It is usually the best players gets on the field.

Reactions: johnboiler123
No thanks on Hudson Card. He's just not good. At all.

Georgia Tech just had their top WR (60 catches, 655 yards) enter the portal. Decent kid and decent player but he's a pretty small guy. Worth a look tho.

Reactions: SKYDOG

Georgia Tech just had their top WR (60 catches, 655 yards) enter the portal. Decent kid and decent player but he's a pretty small guy. Worth a look tho.
Looks like we have a bunch of small guys. Need some bigger guys on the outside with skill.

Reactions: drewjin

could always go after Bazelak now, just kidding, he should be able to get a NIL deal w/ U Haul.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
If the QB’s that are in portal because they didn’t get playing time, how do you know they are any better than Alaimo ?
That’s why, ideally, you go after a small school kid who’s maybe started a couple seasons & is looking to use his final year of eligibility to get noticed…

ADVERTISEMENT