ADVERTISEMENT

Shooters at Purdue

BoilerDeac

All-American
Oct 21, 2014
New York, NY
Seriously, what is the deal? This game reminded me so much of the tourney game against Cincy.

Purdue continues to have these 10% from three performances far too often.

Seriously, what is the deal? This game reminded me so much of the tourney game against Cincy.

Purdue continues to have these 10% from three performances far too often.
There is the old adage that you have to hit shots, particularly on the road. We didn't at Illinois and we aren't today.

If we are going anywhere, Vince has to have the ball in his hands on the offensive end. He's the only guy we have who can drive the ball, hit threes if they leave him open and just has a diversified offensive game.

Most of the shots are not from a shooter or off balance in our predictable motion. Painter's offense sucks. next 3 that Swanigan takes he should sit for the rest of the game or Cline chucking them up falling sideways.

Most of the shots are not from a shooter or off balance in our predictable motion. Painter's offense sucks. next 3 that Swanigan takes he should sit for the rest of the game or Cline chucking them up falling sideways.
Cline has KS disease in that he has never seen a 3 he didn't like. I don't have a problem with CS taking an open 3 but also would like him to take the ball inside more.

Vince and PJ shooting the highest percentages (both above 40%) on the team not because they are the best shooters but because THEY CHOOSE THE BEST SHOTS.

Best percentages rank
1. Vince
2. PJ
3. Rapheal
4. Cline
5. Mathias
6. Stephens
7. Swanigan

Cross off Swanigan, and our bottom three shooters are supposed to be our "best" shooters

Shots need to come in rhythm and we seldom get that. We don't do a good job of playing inside out..bigs don't kick out to an open shooter very often. Dakich said during the game Purdue looks like they don't have anyone who wants to shoot....and he is right. We are hesitant and afraid to put the ball up from outside.

To say painters offense sucks is akin to a child throwing a tantrum. His offense has worked well in the distant and recent past. The execution of Painters offense was inconsistent. And not surprisingly the biggest culprits were shot selection from freshmen. There were bad choices made by others but those two shot almost half of our three attempts and missed them all (I think).

Reactions: Beeazlebub
Dakota is the best shooter. He has continuously knocked down the shots off the dribble 2-3 feet inside the arc.

To say painters offense sucks is akin to a child throwing a tantrum. His offense has worked well in the distant and recent past. The execution of Painters offense was inconsistent. And not surprisingly the biggest culprits were shot selection from freshmen. There were bad choices made by others but those two shot almost half of our three attempts and missed them all (I think).
"motion" is a "read" offense. In other words it is NOT a given play offense...in spite of the many offensive team issue....MOTION is NOT predictive since it reads a defense and reacts rather than starts out trying to do something predetermined. I do think a "FEW" predetermined sets could help, but then once scouted those would be predictable. Shots from the wrong people are legit, but that doesn't make them predictable.

Shots need to come in rhythm and we seldom get that. We don't do a good job of playing inside out..bigs don't kick out to an open shooter very often. Dakich said during the game Purdue looks like they don't have anyone who wants to shoot....and he is right. We are hesitant and afraid to put the ball up from outside.

Painter always talks about shooting in rhythm. I never understood what he was saying, but I finally figured it out. If the shot goes in then the player is shooting in rhythm, if the shot is missed then the player was not in rhythm.

Dakota Girl is right on target here folks. Pay attention. There is a good reason you don't depend on freshman unless they are uber talented.

Dakota is the best shooter. He has continuously knocked down the shots off the dribble 2-3 feet inside the arc.
Right after he hit the base line shot and a few min. later a 3, Painter jerked him in the first half when we had a chance to put up a good lead caus the Terps throwing up bricks so the refs keep them the game the rest the way. I know sour grapes but thats the way I saw the game

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT