ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. McCain Ending Cancer Treatment

Link didn't work, but sucks if true. He's one of the good ones, IMO. I understand ending treatment. My dad was done with it; at some point the quality of life just isn't worth it any longer.

Very sad news. Everbody talks about his heroism and statesman status, but he's also one of the funniest guys in DC. He's the one guy you'd want to have a beer with...great sense of humor and storytelling. There's a reason he's well liked by folks on both sides of the aisle.

That campaign retort certainly raised his stature in my mind immeasurably.
Unfortunately the right decided to go down the path of embracing and exploiting the lady’s ignorance and unfounded fears.

Last edited:
Link didn't work, but sucks if true. He's one of the good ones, IMO. I understand ending treatment. My dad was done with it; at some point the quality of life just isn't worth it any longer.
Same thing with mine. His cancer metastasized and there was nothing to be done anymore. They just gave him meds to dull the pain.

While I was generally in disagreement with many of his poltical positions I am saddened by the loss.
It truly is a loss to us all, not merely Republicans.

Stop.

That's the standard protocol. Death of a US Senator = half-staff on the day of his death until sunset the following day. He died on Saturday. Flags were half-staffed until sunset on Sunday.
I give credit to Trump for changing his mind and releasing a respectful statement toward McCain and lowering the flag until his burial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT