ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarships available for portal?

POTFHBTFU

Sophomore
Jul 25, 2021
I show we are over by 5 currently on scholarships. We will lose plenty of guys to open up scholarships, but probably not the full 13 for the annual limit. Only positions I see we probably need to pick someone up is at QB with Aidan and Burton leaving and RB with Kobe and King gone. For QB even if just depth as we have three scholarship QBs. If we lose a lot of guys in secondary that always seems to be a place we recruit in addition to OL. Obviously if brohm leaves that could open the floodgates…

Depending on what the secondary/LB guys do with their “Covid Year” the secondary and LB corps need players and depth! D-Line looks solid going forward with depth but you always look to add a lineman or two on both sides of the ball if they can help the team. We got some depth at WR but outside of a few guys no one else really has experience so if you can pick up another Charlie Jones you absolutely do it! And when it comes to QB situation it all depends on how the coaches feel about our current guys before using a scholarship on a guy. These next few months are always crazy times for college football!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Do you think Brohm will try to take our two young Qb's with him. I hope they stay here.

I show we are over by 5 currently on scholarships. We will lose plenty of guys to open up scholarships, but probably not the full 13 for the annual limit. Only positions I see we probably need to pick someone up is at QB with Aidan and Burton leaving and RB with Kobe and King gone. For QB even if just depth as we have three scholarship QBs. If we lose a lot of guys in secondary that always seems to be a place we recruit in addition to OL. Obviously if brohm leaves that could open the floodgates…
Five over wow! Seems like the roster has more than a few that are not big ten quality players to me.

Five over wow! Seems like the roster has more than a few that are not big ten quality players to me.
It’s the bonus covid year. I’m including everyone that CAN in my numbers. Some guys participated in senior day activities so they are likely gone such as Taylor Reese, Fineran, I think I saw Allen in there, and Jamari Brown. That’s just who I noticed. Don’t know about Trice, Jack Sullivan, Lawrence Johnson, Eric Miller, Deen, and Durham but don’t expect them to all be back. This will all get easier to track when they cycle everyone through the covid bonus year. I would take all those guys back in a second as well as the 2019 guys (Rice, Sheffield, Graham, Piferi, Allen, Garret Miller, Wahlberg, Craig). Even 2020 guys I don’t see anyone on our roster that seems like a wasted scholly.

So looks like I had a handful of guys inclided that shouldn’t be:
Fineran gone
Craig gone
Travis is not showing Broc Thompson I must have forgot about him leaving
Hes not showing Jefferson I thought he had another year left
I made an error on another.
So supposedly we are right at 85 right now and of course this is very fluid.

Fineran gone
Craig gone
Broc is coming back, at least he was before Brohm left.

Fineran gone
Craig gone
Last I heard Jefferson is no longer with the team

I suspect we will see a few more leave after the bowl game. I suspect a few recruits will decommit. I suspect we will lose a few because of grades, personal issues and injuries. I look to having 5-10 vacancies available for either the portal or to sign other high school players, or players the new coach will bring with him.

All new coaches usually bring 5-10 players they recruited at their former school. Hazell was the exception as he brought 0 recruits from his former school. brohm brought around 10 players and recruits from WKu to Purdue when he arrived.

ADVERTISEMENT