ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday slate thread

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
I got the day off so until my wife gets annoyed with me, I'll be in front of the tube today.

Early games include 3rd place Northwestern blowing out short-handed Minnesota.
Xavier and Creighton in a good one. Jack Nunge got called for a BS 2nd foul early and Creighton has taken over the game with good shooting.
Paper "Tiger" Auburn (see what I did there) getting mauled by our opponent West Virginia.

I got the day off so until my wife gets annoyed with me, I'll be in front of the tube today.

Early games include 3rd place Northwestern blowing out short-handed Minnesota.
Xavier and Creighton in a good one. Jack Nunge got called for a BS 2nd foul early and Creighton has taken over the game with good shooting.
Paper "Tiger" Auburn (see what I did there) getting mauled by our opponent West Virginia.

Big XII/SEC challenge results should be interesting, although the only match-up of ranked teams is Texas (10) @ Tennessee (4) with Barnes coaching against his former employer.

Reactions: Schnelk
Big XII/SEC challenge results should be interesting, although the only match-up of ranked teams is Texas (10) @ Tennessee (4) with Barnes coaching against his former employer.
Shocked but glad that GameDay went there instead of the suck-fest of Kansas-Kentucky.

Nunge just got his 3rd foul which was pretty weak as well. Right as X was getting back in it.

Creighton would be an interesting matchup for us. Possible Sweet 16 game if they keep playing well. Kalkbrenner missed 3 of their losses early in the season so that may weigh in on their seed.

Next set:
Alabama down early to Oklahoma.
Good one going between Iowa State and Missouri. Both are good but how good?
Houston hopefully gets a game from Cincinnati. It seems like every time I pay attention to a Houston game they're at home.

Houston down 7 at half too. Wouldn't it be crazy for Texas to beat Tennessee and #2, #3, AND #4 fall today. Already #13 and #15 lost. Glad to not be playing today.
If #’s 2 and 3 lose today and if Purdue is able to win tomorrow, Purdue will still not get all the # 1 votes.

• Haha
Reactions: spoilerdave
Interesting how Cincinnati got 2 PG transfers out of the B1G in Phinisee AND Dejulius. Phinisee has been hurt most of the season I guess.

6 pt game with 10 to go.

I remember everyone telling us how good Bama was

A lot of ride left......just hang on, Beef. :)

giphy.gif

Big 12 3-1 vs SEC so far, and none of the wins were terribly expected. Now Baylor, TCU and Kansas State are all expected to win. Throw in Oklahoma St as a big favorite and it could be quite the lopsided "Challenge."

1-loss teams Charleston and Florida Atlantic both getting tested at home in the 2nd half.

1-loss teams Charleston and Florida Atlantic both getting tested at home in the 2nd half.
Charleston lost. #2, #11, #12, #13, #15, #18, and #20 all lost today. Either #4 or #10 will lose for sure. Curious to hear how Kentucky and Kansas goes too.

Charleston lost. #2, #11, #12, #13, #15, #18, and #20 all lost today. Either #4 or #10 will lose for sure. Curious to hear how Kentucky and Kansas goes too.
Kentucky has played better as of late, maybe because Wheeler is playing less. Hard to tell what Kansas team shows up after losing 3 straight.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Maybe #24 too. Clemson was up 16-2 on Florida State but now it's tight under 7 to play.

Milwaukee also got a nice comeback road win over Northern Kentucky to forge a tie for 1st in the Horizon. Could help them back into Quad 3 range for Purdue.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Tennessee looking like the best team in the country right now.

I see Carr is up to his old tricks again - forcing some but also hitting a couple of tough shots. Tennessee is really good - they have some tendencies to get in offensive ruts from time to time......but, they will be a tough out come March, IMO.

I see Carr is up to his old tricks again - forcing some but also hitting a couple of tough shots. Tennessee is really good - they have some tendencies to get in offensive ruts from time to time......but, they will be a tough out come March, IMO.
Crazy thing, ending last year Tennessee was FIRE. Won the SEC tourney, was rolling.. lost in the 2nd round... To a Michigan team that barely made it into the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT