ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Kerrigan

Beginning his tenth year in the NFL Ryan Kerrigan recorded two sacks today in helping his Redskins rally to beat the Eagles.Another Purdue great making us proud.

I feel bad for him.

At Purdue, he was a part of 1 winning team - as a freshman when they went to the Motor City Bowl.

And he's been with the hapless Redskins his whole NFL career - 2 winning years in 10 seasons.

Individually, he's accomplished so much but has never really been on a good team. He doesn't get talked about as much as he should because of this.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
I feel bad for him.

At Purdue, he was a part of 1 winning team - as a freshman when they went to the Motor City Bowl.

And he's been with the hapless Redskins his whole NFL career - 2 winning years in 10 seasons.

Individually, he's accomplished so much but has never really been on a good team. He doesn't get talked about as much as he should because of this.
You are correct.If you play for losing teams,you dont get much publicity.

You are correct.If you play for losing teams,you dont get much publicity.

Although I will point out that he signed a contract extension with the Redskins. If you want to win, that wasn't the right move.

No idea if this amounts to anything ... this guy primarily covers the Broncos but has good NFL sources in general.

It would be nice to see Kerrigan go to a winning team. I know he has done so much for that community, but it also seems like they want to groom Chase Young in place of Kerrigan.

It would be nice to see Kerrigan go to a winning team. I know he has done so much for that community, but it also seems like they want to groom Chase Young in place of Kerrigan.
Young already was starting over Kerrigan prior to his injury.

I heard the rumor on Kerrigan a week or so ago. I think it was tied with the niners since they lost Bosa for the year.

There's definitely been some scuttlebutt given the 49'ers DL issues. Solomon Thomas is also done for the year, and Dee Ford can't get on the field. Ryan Kerrigan would really work there, IMO (once Bosa returns), and he could join Raheem Mostert, but he's probably too expensive given what SF has done in the recent past with their draft capital. On top of that they have some cap issues as well. They were forced to deal DeForest Buckner (a pro bowler and team leader) to the Colts because of it - a really tough decision - and perhaps a mistake depending upon what happens with Arik Armstead. They have OL issues and secondary depth problems too - really been hit hard with injuries the last two years despite making the Super Bowl.

It's tough with some of these poorly run franchises - but with the way the NFC East is this year - maybe he could see the playoffs - just a game out @ 1-5!

ADVERTISEMENT