ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed

You know this is nice and all but it’s Mitch who prevented Garland’s nomination from being heard for 10 months due to a presidential election but now the same man is in a rush to have a nomination heard. I know you all can see the hypocrisy even if you don’t want to admit it. I agree all nominations should be heard in a timely basis but like Napoleon the pig from Animal Farm some animals are more equal than others and apparently Napoleon was talking about the Republican Party.
no no no no...go thank chucky for his rule change. dems changed the rules. this revisionist history needs to stop.

no no no no...go thank chucky for his rule change. dems changed the rules. this revisionist history needs to stop.
You have the wrong Dem, it was Harry Reid. He did because the Republicans filibustered every judicial nomination.

I wish we had a young female commenting on these solutions by a bunch of older men.

What’s the polling for this topic among women?

Republicans are all for individual freedoms... except in this issue.

This little fight is interesting. I wonder if Democrats are going to become single issue voters for the Supreme Court now? I know people on the left will be energized by this.

This little fight is interesting. I wonder if Democrats are going to become single issue voters for the Supreme Court now? I know people on the left will be energized by this.
They are energized, angry, and violent on almost everything these days.

It's about the individual right of every unborn.........

It's about the individual right of every unborn.........

Cool, so if your daughter is raped and becomes pregnant as a result, your reaction is “it’s a shame you were raped and got knocked up, but now you gotta make a horrible choice. Sucks to be you”? Father of the year shit right there. Another crusty white dude trying to control women.

Reactions: MANelson85
So McConnell ignored all that, now he's following it.

Yep, the Dems have changed their tune this time around. But they haven't been in charge during these two situations. McConnell has been. He's the one doing the 180, he's the one making the rules. Doesn't mean a damn thing what the Dems said now or then.
That was a senate with a Republican majority and a Democrat in the White House

Cool, so if your daughter is raped and becomes pregnant as a result, your reaction is “it’s a shame you were raped and got knocked up, but now you gotta make a horrible choice. Sucks to be you”? Father of the year shit right there. Another crusty white dude trying to control women.

So you tell your daughter "Hey let's just kill this innocent life and get on with ours!" That's murder shit right there. Control women? Please, that f*cking excuse is so old.

Reactions: BSIT
So you tell your daughter "Hey let's just kill this innocent life and get on with ours!" That's murder shit right there. Control women? Please, that f*cking excuse is so old.

I would support my daughter regardless of her decision because she’s been placed in a horrific situation, and it’s not about me. And it’s clearly absolutely about control to you.

I would support my daughter regardless of her decision because she’s been placed in a horrific situation, and it’s not about me. And it’s clearly absolutely about control to you.

No. It's about the life of the unborn. I don't give a hoot about controlling women.

Reactions: BSIT
You give way more than a hoot based on the things you’ve said.

Yeah, about the unborn. Why is this so difficult to understand? I never said that in this instance is wasn't a difficult decision. But taking the life of an unborn, when adoption may be an option, is wrong.

She fought for justice til her death. Tough as nails.

This is a catch-22 for ol' Mitch. If he's going to pull the trigger on her replacement and go against his own rule, then he better be prepared for what's coming... and it will be ugly for him.

Not really. It's a different situation. Last time it was the President & Senate controlled by different parties. This time it's the President & Senate controlled by the same party.

Before you all get your panties in a bunch about this, is there one of you that thinks Schumer wouldn't push a nominee through, if the Dems controlled the Senate and the WH now? You bet your ass he would and so will McConnell.

This is not different. It’s just so expectedly hypocritical. The modern day GOP continuing to roll through town setting everything on fire.

LOL, you had better take a long hard look at the country. It's NOT the Republicans setting things on fire. Poor choice of words, on your part.

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
I understand your point but wait until you know some young girl who is pregnant. You apparently believe life starts at conception? I'm not so sure and I have no one in my family I have to worry, married or beyond their child bearing days. People who are rich enough will head to the Carribbean, Mexico or Canada like they did in the good old days.

I'm opposed to abortion, but I also realize that there is no way to get that genie back in the bottle. Realizing that it is going to occur, I'd prefer that it occurred in a clinical setting.

Rather than having government subsidized abortion factories , like Planned Parenthood, I wish that young girls got more education on the variety of options available to them.

I just thought about what a misnomer "Planned Parenthood" is, considering what they actually do. Shouldn't they actually be called Planned Avoidance of Parenthood?

Where did I say anything about violence? But I am predicting consequences with elections.

I'm talking about Senate majority. You've made the prediction that you don't think there is any way Republicans will lose control of Senate. If Mitch McConnell says there will be a SC vote regardless before inauguration, then I will predict Democrats will take control of Senate.

Republicans likely already have most of their single issue voters in line who want a 6-3 SC who were going to vote Republican anyway no matter what, but showing the hypocrisy of Republicans and what that means for more than just the abortion issue, voter turnout can only go up for Democrats, especially with independents. You will also literally have that much more ad-play against vulnerable Republicans using their own words against them.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Bloomberg or others like him threw more money at these state campaigns calling out the Republican hypocrisy.

I'm sure the Dems will have 120% of their Registered voters sending in the Mail In ballots that seem to be flooding the country. This is going to be the most corrupt, longest election ever. Boss Daley would be proud.

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
Again I don’t like abortions either but it’s a woman’s right to choose and we have been dealing with this same issue for probably longer than you have been alive and Roe V. Wade should be allowed to stand as about every other country has similar laws. A lot deeper thinkers than either you or I have spent years on this issue and we are both men too that will never have to directly face the issue.

Roe vs Wade is NOT a LAW. It was a Supreme Court decision made on questionable legal ground and passed 5-4, which is why it comes under so much scrutiny. Prima Facie case of legislating from the bench.

Reactions: PA Boilermakers
Since about 65% of people approve of abortion it will be interesting to see how long before we see a legislative solution, which probably should have been done years ago not the way it’s going to play out.

Obama could have done it in his first term, when he had essentially a super Majority in the House & Senate. He could have done a lot of things like Immigration Reform, but elected to keep the issues, rather than solve the problems.

You know this is nice and all but it’s Mitch who prevented Garland’s nomination from being heard for 10 months due to a presidential election but now the same man is in a rush to have a nomination heard. I know you all can see the hypocrisy even if you don’t want to admit it. I agree all nominations should be heard in a timely basis but like Napoleon the pig from Animal Farm some animals are more equal than others and apparently Napoleon was talking about the Republican Party.

Try to be realistic here. If Trump had been President at the point the Garland nomination was made and the Dems controlled the Senate, do you really believe Schumer would have allowed any nomination to go forward? Not on your life...

Reactions: PA Boilermakers
Try to be realistic here. If Trump had been President at the point the Garland nomination was made and the Dems controlled the Senate, do you really believe Schumer would have allowed any nomination to go forward? Not on your life...
We’ll never know but we know what Mitch did and now how he is handling it: Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth,

Reactions: LedZep17
Roe vs Wade is NOT a LAW. It was a Supreme Court decision made on questionable legal ground and passed 5-4, which is why it comes under so much scrutiny. Prima Facie case of legislating from the bench.
Like I said we will likely be seeing a legislative solution. If you can’t understand why the legislature never wanted to tackle it just look in the mirror.

I'm sure the Dems will have 120% of their Registered voters sending in the Mail In ballots that seem to be flooding the country. This is going to be the most corrupt, longest election ever. Boss Daley would be proud.
Okay..Daley has been dead for 50 years but I suppose this is the explanation for why Trump told the Pubs to vote twice in NC?

Lol I love how volcanic Trumpers are over every supposed liberal "hypocrisy."

In 2016, the voters needed to have a say in 9 months. But 45 days out in 2020, the 2018 voters (who significantly flipped the House and only gave the GOP two additional Senate seats in spite of an historically favorable map) already had a sufficient say SO WE NEED TO RAM THIS THROUGH ASAP.

Keep twisting yourselves into pretzels over this, suckers. Nobody who wasn't already a brainwashed Trumper is going to buy this nonsense.

Last edited:
Left to me, hyprocrisy or not, McConnel should do whatever he wants to do. Democrats then have a decision to make; They can stop being idealistic cooperators in this silly prisoner dilemma. There's no point upholding gentleman agreements if they other side won't. Once Rs push this through, Ds got to do their best to win the senate. And if they do, make the following changes:

- scrap the Senate fillibuster
- Add DC and PR as states, extend an offer to the other US territories
- pack the SC with whatever number gives you a considerable majority
- Extend the house to be more in line with propotional population representative.

done.

Reactions: indy35 and Bill4411
And I would love to hear what the unborn have to say.
Yeah, about the unborn. Why is this so difficult to understand? I never said that in this instance is wasn't a difficult decision. But taking the life of an unborn, when adoption may be an option, is wrong.
So what crime is a woman guilty of who has an abortion? You are going to need to build a lot more prisons. I mean a lot more.

Reactions: LedZep17
So McConnell ignored all that, now he's following it.

Yep, the Dems have changed their tune this time around. But they haven't been in charge during these two situations. McConnell has been. He's the one doing the 180, he's the one making the rules. Doesn't mean a damn thing what the Dems said now or then.

Left to me, hyprocrisy or not, McConnel should do whatever he wants to do. Democrats then have a decision to make; They can stop being idealistic cooperators in this silly prisoner dilemma. There's no point upholding gentleman agreements if they other side won't. Once Rs push this through, Ds got to do their best to win the senate. And if they do, make the following changes:

- scrap the Senate fillibuster
- Add DC and PR as states, extend an offer to the other US territories
- pack the SC with whatever number gives you a considerable majority
- Extend the house to be more in line with propotional population representative.

done.
more short sightedness. just like rbg decision not to retire when Obama was in office. you keep thinking you can make a plot to win this imaginary future instead of just picking good candidates and governing effectively.

more short sightedness. just like rbg decision not to retire when Obama was in office. you keep thinking you can make a plot to win this imaginary future instead of just picking good candidates and governing effectively.

Mostly agree. Just hope a potential Majority Leader Schumer has the stones of Mcconnell.

Mostly agree. Just hope a potential Majority Leader Schumer has the stones of Mcconnell.
Schumer and McConnell are no different. Either will use every possible edge to their advantage. Both will flip flop as often as necessary to justify their positions,

Schumer and McConnell are no different. Either will use every possible edge to their advantage. Both will flip flop as often as necessary to justify their positions,

Disagree, Dems have been fighting with kid gloves for too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT