ADVERTISEMENT

Rotation

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
It’s down to 8 players, I imagine when Kyle returns 9. Question for next year assuming everyone returns but Hardin, does Coach still hit the market for a top flight grad transfer? Also, guessing Stoddard from CP redshirts, she needs to get stronger, anyway, top 20-25 team?

Reactions: DocRon
It’s down to 8 players, I imagine when Kyle returns 9. Question for next year assuming everyone returns but Hardin, does Coach still hit the market for a top flight grad transfer? Also, guessing Stoddard from CP redshirts, she needs to get stronger, anyway, top 20-25 team?
Doesn't even have to be a grad transfer anymore. Any transfer would be immediately eligible assuming it's their first transfer.

I would imagine CKG will be looking for anything that makes us better. The freshmen class of Potts, Stoddard, and Holzer may or may not have an immediate impact player in it. If Stoddard isn't physically ready to tackle the Big Ten as a freshman, I could see us going after some post depth in the transfer market. Another scorer/shooter is never a bad thing either, especially if Moore does not return. Maybe some more athleticism at any/all positions but particularly the perimeter.

But the 9 we played last night were all solid and I'm assuming Hardin moves on to med school and maybe we retain everyone else (Moore is the only other traditional senior in that group). And we still haven't seen the freshman from Ohio who has been recovering from injury all season but was out highest rated player in last years recruiting class.

Doesn't even have to be a grad transfer anymore. Any transfer would be immediately eligible assuming it's their first transfer.

I would imagine CKG will be looking for anything that makes us better. The freshmen class of Potts, Stoddard, and Holzer may or may not have an immediate impact player in it. If Stoddard isn't physically ready to tackle the Big Ten as a freshman, I could see us going after some post depth in the transfer market. Another scorer/shooter is never a bad thing either, especially if Moore does not return. Maybe some more athleticism at any/all positions but particularly the perimeter.

But the 9 we played last night were all solid and I'm assuming Hardin moves on to med school and maybe we retain everyone else (Moore is the only other traditional senior in that group). And we still haven't seen the freshman from Ohio who has been recovering from injury all season but was out highest rated player in last years recruiting class.
Good point about the transfer, yea, lot different now. It’s nice to see the team turning the corner, legit shot to make the tournament this year, no one would have thought that.

I think CKG needs to hit the transfer portal HARD this off season. It's been great to us and brought us Ellis and Terry, who are major contributors on this year's team. Although we are ahead of schedule, there are still so many holes to fill. In this portal era, unless you are Matt Painter who has already built a strong foundation, the transfer portal is the way that evens the playing field.

I don't think we need to go the football way, but still, if we can hit on another Ellis or another Terry, then with Kyle returning and Madison another year of experience, that'll be pretty solid core.

(Too bad Hardin has hinted that IU might be her school since they have the graduate degree that she wanted. I don't blame her and her reason is perfectly understandable. But it'll be hard for me to root for her. Like, it'll be tough for me to wish her dropping 10 threes, knowing that it'll likely make IU win)

Last edited:
I think CKG needs to hit the transfer portal HARD this off season. It's been great to us and brought us Ellis and Terry, who are major contributors on this year's team. Although we are ahead of schedule, there are still so many holes to fill. In this portal era, unless you are Matt Painter who has already built a strong foundation, the transfer portal is the way that evens the playing field.

I don't think we need to go the football way, but still, if we can hit on another Ellis or another Terry, then with Kyle returning and Madison another year of experience, that'll be pretty solid core.

(Too bad Hardin has hinted that IU might be her school since they have the graduate degree that she wanted. I don't blame her and her reason is perfectly understandable. But it'll be hard for me to root for her. Like, it'll be tough for me to wish her dropping 10 threes, knowing that it'll likely make IU win)
I don't believe Cass will play BB after this year. Nothing I have heard her say indicates that. She is going to IU medical school and I believe she can do her first year or two on Purdue's campus (but I am not sure about that). It's just that it would be really hard to practice and play BB while in the first year of her medical education.

Top 25 team? what? By my calculations they will only have 12 scholarship players back if indeed they all return in this age of the transfer portal. So Katie has at least 2 roster spots open for transfers if she chooses to go that route. If I were Katie, I would definitely go after some experienced post players. A PF and another experienced Center if possible. When Purdue faced top ranked teams this season, Purdue's weakness in the post was really exposed. They need to get bigger and stronger and more dominant in the frontcourt, jmho. I know skilled frontcourt players are almost impossible to find, especially highly skilled post players. I really think that they have enough quality depth in the back court, but I guess if a highly skilled backcourt player turns up in the portal it would be hard to pass up. If every player that is eligible to return does so, they will have 4 starters return next season. Hopefully Kyle can return healthy and stay healthy next season. And Jayla Smith is more than likely the favorite to replace Cassidy Hardin in the starting lineup. I don't know yet if they're a top 25 team next year, but who knows? If Jayla and Ava have breakout sophomore years, Kyle has a breakout season and they get some experienced quality depth via the transfer portal, who knows? With Katie at the helm anything's possible.

Top 25 team? what? By my calculations they will only have 12 scholarship players back if indeed they all return in this age of the transfer portal. So Katie has at least 2 roster spots open for transfers if she chooses to go that route. If I were Katie, I would definitely go after some experienced post players. A PF and another experienced Center if possible. When Purdue faced top ranked teams this season, Purdue's weakness in the post was really exposed. They need to get bigger and stronger and more dominant in the frontcourt, jmho. I know skilled frontcourt players are almost impossible to find, especially highly skilled post players. I really think that they have enough quality depth in the back court, but I guess if a highly skilled backcourt player turns up in the portal it would be hard to pass up. If every player that is eligible to return does so, they will have 4 starters return next season. Hopefully Kyle can return healthy and stay healthy next season. And Jayla Smith is more than likely the favorite to replace Cassidy Hardin in the starting lineup. I don't know yet if they're a top 25 team next year, but who knows? If Jayla and Ava have breakout sophomore years, Kyle has a breakout season and they get some experienced quality depth via the transfer portal, who knows? With Katie at the helm anything's possible.
Lower tier top 25 shouldn’t be out of the question. They have a chance albeit probably a small one to make the tourney this year, nearly everyone returns, my guess is a top transfer is courted.

Lower tier top 25 shouldn’t be out of the question. They have a chance albeit probably a small one to make the tourney this year, nearly everyone returns, my guess is a top transfer is courted.
Anything's possible with Katie as the HC. She's proven that she can coach and motivate and win with minimal talent and a lackluster frontcourt. I expect her to improve the roster via the transfer portal during the offseason. If she can do that and with her coaching pedigree, yes this team has a chance to be a top 25 team next season and maybe more.

Anything's possible with Katie as the HC. She's proven that she can coach and motivate and win with minimal talent and a lackluster frontcourt. I expect her to improve the roster via the transfer portal during the offseason. If she can do that and with her coaching pedigree, and if players like Kyle stay healthy, yes this team has a chance to be a top 25 team next season and maybe more.

ADVERTISEMENT