ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale's Run

Dandelion1972

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2002
West Lafayette
Haven't heard a great deal of discussion on the players who made this TD possible. It's especially crucial that each of these players handled their assignments very well!

#78 Grant Hermanns made an outstanding pull and kickout of the linebacker. He maintained contact until RM had cut behind him.

#88 Cole Herdman does a great job sealing the defense end.

#9 Terry Wright knocks #13 on his keister, gets up and runs stride for stride with Rondale, until he gets horsecollared at the 25 yard line.

[Once again, my favorite ref, the back judge, is still sucking on his Tootsie Roll (he did it two other times, when obvious penalties were made by the NW!), and doesn't call the penalty.]

Sure, Rondale's run was great, but credit should be given where it is due!

Haven't heard a great deal of discussion on the players who made this TD possible. It's especially crucial that each of these players handled their assignments very well!

#78 Grant Hermanns made an outstanding pull and kickout of the linebacker. He maintained contact until RM had cut behind him.

#9 Terry Wright knocks #13 on his keister, gets up and runs stride for stride with Rondale, until he gets horsecollared at the 25 yard line.

[Once again, my favorite ref, the back judge, is still sucking on his Tootsie Roll (he did it two other times, when obvious penalties were made by the NW!), and doesn't call the penalty.]

Yes to piggy back on the refereeing thread, the horsecollar on Wright is so blatant and directly in front of an official to be laughable.

Terry Wright blew that play up. He was on a mission. Awesome job.

Terry Wright blew that play up. He was on a mission. Awesome job.

What I thought was especially ironic was, didn't the guy who horse collared him then trip over him as he fell and go down, taking himself out of the play?
If you're gonna pull a guy down, don't pull him down in front of yourself. That is poor coaching there.

Yes to piggy back on the refereeing thread, the horsecollar on Wright is so blatant and directly in front of an official to be laughable.
It was not part of the play, but I thought the play where the NW pass clearly hit the ground, where our guy tried to intercept it and it bounced up, and the official ruled it was a completed pass was just ridiculous. It was overruled, but the official standing right there could not see the ball bouncing up. Off my soapbox.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT