ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale the Giant

You have seen me post messages for months about me having seen him play in person and how excited I am that he joined us. I have also posted previously that he would lead us in passing receiving yards this year. I still stand by that prediction.

Reactions: Summy1
For those who know football better than I.. how does squat number translate to playing wide receiver? Breaking tackles, I assume? Regardless, that is impressive!

Reactions: Gary Boiler
For those who know football better than I.. how does squat number translate to playing wide receiver? Breaking tackles, I assume? Regardless, that is impressive!

Squating that kind of weight on that frame takes tremendous dedication and focus. Dude is driven. Should make an immediate impact on offense. One heck of an addition.

Imagine also having Robinson and spread them out. It would almost be unfair.

Last edited:
mog.gif

Reactions: BigTimeAt69
No $hit, that was my first thought. 600# on an 180# frame is a huge accomplishment, but the knees and ligaments must be screaming!!!!

Please don't do that often!

I was about to say that is nonsense, but then I rewatched the video and noticed he didn’t have knee wraps. So maxing without knee wraps is not something I would want to do, but I assume all the strength coaches know what they’re doing.

No $hit, that was my first thought. 600# on an 180# frame is a huge accomplishment, but the knees and ligaments must be screaming!!!!

I agree.He is not going to have to shake off many 600 lb.tacklers.

Here is my take beyond the simple impressiveness of that feat....the amount of players around him who aren’t just freshman that are pumped for him. Rondale has been on campus for just a few weeks...Brohm sells his program as a family and that is apparent in the video.
Hell, im pumped up!

Yeah, as someone who has knee issues in their family history, just watching that video hurts.

But Jeff Zgonina squatted like 820 and played 15 or so years in the NFL... so who knows.

I can't wait to see this kid catch the ball with some room to work! The Brohm Squad will be in full effect.

The players are in the strength program to obviously get stronger but in turn it further prevents injuries so squat away as long as he has spotters.

Does anyone have a photo or screen grab of Rondale keeping his knee one inch off the turf with that BC safety on him on the long TD catch and run? Seems appropriate here.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
There's some twitter Heisman hype starting for Moore......just sayin
I saw a tweet from Brian this weekend that said he thought if we had started the season 3-0 that Rondale would really be in the Heisman discussion

I saw a tweet from Brian this weekend that said he thought if we had started the season 3-0 that Rondale would really be in the Heisman discussion

Unfortunately a hesiman will be unlikely for Moore no matter how good he is. You have to go back decades to get to a WR heisman winner.

Unfortunately a hesiman will be unlikely for Moore no matter how good he is. You have to go back decades to get to a WR heisman winner.
If he continues to put up silly WR numbers with Sportscenter highlight plays, sprinkle in a couple of KO and Punt returns for TD, and PU can pull an big upset (OSU) in primetime....you never know.
Right now, there's not a lot of Heisman hype for anyone yet, open race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT