ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale - NFL draft

You gotta wonder if he’s second guessing this decision. Why leave early to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick where if you wait a year, perform and move back into the 1st round.
He's already graduated. He'll get a contract in the $6.5 to $7.5mil range which includes about a $2-3mil signing bonus. Because he left 1 year early he is that much closer to the 2nd contract, which if he performs well will be substantially higher. Hes not going to get taller, although a similar year like his frosh year probably sneaks him in the 1st round. I also think his family financial situation has something to do with it. All things considered, its the right move.

You guys are nuts if you just think Fields is a bust because he went to Ohio St. That has to be the dumbest criteria possible to evaluate a QB. This guy is an absolutely elite prospect and the archetype of what you’re looking for in a QB right now. 6’3” 225, 4.44 40, pinpoint accuracy all over the field including deep, can extend plays and run, tough as nails. Literally the only concern is the release is a bit off so maybe that .2 seconds is what breaks him. But you sound like a moron saying he will bust because he played at OSU. Did you say that Mahomes would bust because of the history of Tech QBs? Where were the Clemson studs before Watson? Seriously get a grip guys
Just can’t read progressions. That’s all, something that seems to be a big problem when you get to the most elite level.

He's already graduated. He'll get a contract in the $6.5 to $7.5mil range which includes about a $2-3mil signing bonus. Because he left 1 year early he is that much closer to the 2nd contract, which if he performs well will be substantially higher. Hes not going to get taller, although a similar year like his frosh year probably sneaks him in the 1st round. I also think his family financial situation has something to do with it. All things considered, its the right move.
He’s not gonna get that as a 2nd or 3rd round pick bro. And if we are talking 2nd contract vs 1st there is even LESS of a reason to leave early. Doesn’t matter now since he was drafted by AZ. But he ain’t getting a 3mm signing bonus.

Reactions: rjmpu82
SportTrac lists Rondale's probable total deal at $6.9 million and signing bonus at $2.3 million. That sounds like a lot of of money, and it is. However, he is only 22 or so. Taxes, agents fees etc takes a nice chunk of that. It will certainly improve the quality of his family's life in the short run, but unless he can get a big second contract, it does not set him up for life at his age. I did see he signed with NIKE so that certainly will help.

Just can’t read progressions. That’s all, something that seems to be a big problem when you get to the most elite level.
You sure about that? There seems to be plenty of analysis debunking that made up criticism. This dude is throwing 60 yard dimes on his 4th reads.

How could that be?! Nat was adamant that Rondale wasn’t injured and we were all idiots for (obviously correctly) thinking otherwise.
He could have played. He may not have been 100% but he was cleared to play. Sorry that bursts your bubble

He could have played. He may not have been 100% but he was cleared to play. Sorry that bursts your bubble
Not sure why you’re so dead set on dying on this hill when you’re so obviously wrong, but to each their own I guess. I guess you know more than the hundreds of reporters, both within the program and outside of it, that reported he was injured. I guess you also know more than the NFL scouts that cited injury history as a concern. Dunning-Kruger in full effect here.

Not sure why you’re so dead set on dying on this hill when you’re so obviously wrong, but to each their own I guess. I guess you know more than the hundreds of reporters, both within the program and outside of it, that reported he was injured. I guess you also know more than the NFL scouts that cited injury history as a concern. Dunning-Kruger in full effect here.
You struggle with comprehension don’t you

I never said he wasn’t hurt. I said he was cleared to play but wouldn’t. What I say and what reporters say aren’t mutually exclusive. Try your dumb rationalization again?

You struggle with comprehension don’t you

I never said he wasn’t hurt. I said he was cleared to play but wouldn’t. What I say and what reporters say aren’t mutually exclusive. Try your dumb rationalization again?
Everyone else on the planet: Rondale is injured and will not play.
You: Rondale could totally play and there’s some other super secret reason that he’s not playing that only I know.
Yea I’m the dumb one. Lol.

Everyone else on the planet: Rondale is injured and will not play.
You: Rondale could totally play and there’s some other super secret reason that he’s not playing that only I know.
Yea I’m the dumb one. Lol.
Yo: no info, believes what journalists tell him
Me: has other info.

Let me guess.. Bears fan?
Lol! I want someone to tell me about all the OSU and or Bears quarterbacks that were good in the NFL for the past 60 years. Not really a recipe for success for a future quarterback.

He’s not gonna get that as a 2nd or 3rd round pick bro. And if we are talking 2nd contract vs 1st there is even LESS of a reason to leave early. Doesn’t matter now since he was drafted by AZ. But he ain’t getting a 3mm signing bonus.
According to SI.com's Howard Balzer, Moore's four-year rookie deal is worth a total of more than $6.9 million. He receives a signing bonus of nearly $2.4 million. His salary for the 2021 and 2022 seasons is fully guaranteed.

Reactions: Purdue80
$4m guaranteed - good for rondale!!!
It is good for him and you love to see the hard work literally paying off. But for his sake, and with the way his college career ended, you sure hope there are a lot more jaw-dropping highlights and a long career in his future.. naturally leading to much bigger paydays.

ADVERTISEMENT