ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale - NFL draft

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
When will he come off the board?
And how high does he need to be drafted for it to be “worth” coming out early?

later 1st round. The height is the concern and that is quite sllly. Rondale Moore shares the same swivel hips, stop, start moves like Barry Sanders. Some team will be quite happy with his playmaking ability.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
4.29 sec /40 Rondale vs 4.38 sec/40 Barry...I know WR vs RB. Strong has an ox and speed like a cheetah.
Update edit: Last comment...low center of gravity and great balance when hit, he still finds a way to stay upright and get yards after catch. Ask Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boston College.

Last edited:
Reading how deep and strong this receiver class is has me concerned late 2nd or even 3rd round is possible.

He will make a lot of money regardless. Would like to see him go to the Saints even if its the 2nd round

Late 2nd or early 3rd. Injury concerns plus small size means only teams that need an extra wrinkle to their offense will apply. Some team will see him has Tyreek Hill light and take him.

BTW, totally off topic but Northwestern has two guys go in the top 26? WTF, the woe is me we’re in West Lafayette so nobody wants to come here excuse us done.

Side note about last night. I truly believe Ryan Pace sealed his fate, repeating the same mistake from 4 years ago, trading up to get a QB that will most likely bust. Out of all the great college QB’s out of OSU in recent memory, who has gone on to start more than a handful of games in the NFL?

Side note about last night. I truly believe Ryan Pace sealed his fate, repeating the same mistake from 4 years ago, trading up to get a QB that will most likely bust. Out of all the great college QB’s out of OSU in recent memory, who has gone on to start more than a handful of games in the NFL?
If someone wrote a book about the NFL achievements of OSU,Florida and USC QBs it would be a one page pamphlet.

If someone wrote a book about the NFL achievements of OSU,Florida and USC QBs it would be a one page pamphlet.
Funny how some consider USC to be "Quarterback U" based on number of draft picks, when, like OSU, most of those draft picks are busts. I think the root of the problem here is, when the competition is fairly evenly matched as it is in the NFL, there is a premium on the QB position being really good at making real-time decisions while under extreme stress, over and over. If you are not well practiced in doing so in high school and/or college, you have little chance of training your brain to do so as a full grown adult. When you are surrounded by great talent you are under less stress and there is more leeway for mistakes. You have more time in the pocket, more separation with your receivers, more support from your defense. I've often thought this is one reason why Purdue has been such a good incubator for developing QB's.. as they say, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
4.29 sec /40 Rondale vs 4.38 sec/40 Barry...I know WR vs RB. Strong has an ox and speed like a cheetah.
Update edit: Last comment...low center of gravity and great balance when hit, he still finds a way to stay upright and get yards after catch. Ask Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boston College.
Barry who?

Funny how some consider USC to be "Quarterback U" based on number of draft picks, when, like OSU, most of those draft picks are busts. I think the root of the problem here is, when the competition is fairly evenly matched as it is in the NFL, there is a premium on the QB position being really good at making real-time decisions while under extreme stress, over and over. If you are not well practiced in doing so in high school and/or college, you have little chance of training your brain to do so as a full grown adult. When you are surrounded by great talent you are under less stress and there is more leeway for mistakes. You have more time in the pocket, more separation with your receivers, more support from your defense. I've often thought this is one reason why Purdue has been such a good incubator for developing QB's.. as they say, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.
You guys are nuts if you just think Fields is a bust because he went to Ohio St. That has to be the dumbest criteria possible to evaluate a QB. This guy is an absolutely elite prospect and the archetype of what you’re looking for in a QB right now. 6’3” 225, 4.44 40, pinpoint accuracy all over the field including deep, can extend plays and run, tough as nails. Literally the only concern is the release is a bit off so maybe that .2 seconds is what breaks him. But you sound like a moron saying he will bust because he played at OSU. Did you say that Mahomes would bust because of the history of Tech QBs? Where were the Clemson studs before Watson? Seriously get a grip guys

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I find it interesting that Waddle from Alabama gets drafted as high as he did at 5'10" and Rondale is passed over at 5'9" with a faster 40 time. Rondale will be a bargain for someone...

I find it interesting that Waddle from Alabama gets drafted as high as he did at 5'10" and Rondale is passed over at 5'9" with a faster 40 time. Rondale will be a bargain for someone...
Rondale is 5’7”. Waddle has 2 full inches of height on him. I think Rondale is a stud and will be a great pick today but he is short and that’s why he’s slipping

You guys are nuts if you just think Fields is a bust because he went to Ohio St. That has to be the dumbest criteria possible to evaluate a QB. This guy is an absolutely elite prospect and the archetype of what you’re looking for in a QB right now. 6’3” 225, 4.44 40, pinpoint accuracy all over the field including deep, can extend plays and run, tough as nails. Literally the only concern is the release is a bit off so maybe that .2 seconds is what breaks him. But you sound like a moron saying he will bust because he played at OSU. Did you say that Mahomes would bust because of the history of Tech QBs? Where were the Clemson studs before Watson? Seriously get a grip guys
Let me guess.. Bears fan?

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG and Purdue85
If I was Urban I’d take him first pick tonight. QB and RB and WR all together.

Then work the OL and defense.

You can coach everything but size and speed.

You gotta wonder if he’s second guessing this decision. Why leave early to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick where if you wait a year, perform and move back into the 1st round.

You gotta wonder if he’s second guessing this decision. Why leave early to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick where if you wait a year, perform and move back into the 1st round.
Probably on pins and needles right now. Huge difference between early and late second round in terms of the money.

I agree that Fields could turn out to do well for DA Bears and I just wanted to point out that OSU QBS havent turned out too well in the NFL so far.Why pass up a chance to bring down those obnoxious Bucknut fans?I wonder how many guys have lined up behind center for the Bears since Jim McMahon left?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT