ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore To Purdue

I may have yelled at my TV you ****er when he originally touched that Ohio State hat. Had me fooled for a second. This kid is going to be electric for us!

I figured it would be Purdue but wanted confirmation. How great of a pick up is this?

Geico_FlextacularMoreMoreMore16.jpg
That is Moore, brofessor...

Reactions: Purdue85 and rustcr
I look this not at the player. But this is a guy Brohm wanted. and brohm didn't accept no when he committed to Texas. Rather than backing down, and settling for second best, Brohm continued to go after the player he wanted. Brohm won a recruiting battle with a BIG BOY program!

I don't care what Rondale does on the field. This signing is a message to the world, Purdue can compete and go after the best players in the country, and we're not afraid to go mono a mono with the best. And this season proved can compete with the best on the field as well.

a new era had begun. forget the Tiller comparisons.. This is the Brohm era.

I look this not at the player. But this is a guy Brohm wanted. and brohm didn't accept no when he committed to Texas. Rather than backing down, and settling for second best, Brohm continued to go after the player he wanted. Brohm won a recruiting battle with a BIG BOY program!

I don't care what Rondale does on the field. This signing is a message to the world, Purdue can compete and go after the best players in the country, and we're not afraid to go mono a mono with the best. And this season proved can compete with the best on the field as well.

Remember when you said he wouldn’t declare his commit?

Reactions: Purdue11

This is a great get and 7-6 is a nice season, but he needs to get to a Rose Bowl before we move on from Joe Tiller.

How would he compare to Dorien Bryant in running styles (4.49 NFL 40 yard time)? They appear to be similar type of athletes. Rondale's 4.33 s for 40 yard was what I could find.

Dorien had very nice and effortless running form, while Rondale's was not so bad..

Can't wait for the next season, already!

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Remember when you said he wouldn’t declare his commit?
Ok I have a question! Did Rondale sign an LOI but waited until today to announce it? Or did he just announce his commitment and we have to wait until the second signing period to make sure it's official ?

Ok I have a question! Did Rondale sign an LOI but waited until today to announce it? Or did he just announce his commitment and we have to wait until the second signing period to make sure it's official ?

He has not said he signed it. It's official. He loves Brohm so unless he leaves before then, he's signing.

The reason 7-6 is so amazing by JB this year is the futility of the last few years. Simply a miracle coaching job.

I guess then, that I don't understand your earlier comment that he hadn't signed a LOI but "it's official."

Way too literal for some to understand. He's committed to Brohm. Some are worrying about him not coming to Purdue. He's as committed as can be. He's not changing his mind. I misused official for some, however he's coming to Purdue. Book it

He's as committed as can be. He's not changing his mind.[/QUOTE]
You do not know this as fact nor do any of us. Go get a job at some sports network and just throw everything against the wall. Until he signs on the line, nothing is freaking known. If he signs, great job by the staff. Until then, fingers crossed.

While it is technically possible that Moore could change his mind an to sign a LOI elsewhere it is a likely very low probability event. Too much public theater has gone on with him.

Has there been a recent case of a player at the AA game making a public declaration and then reneging? I do recall a player whose mother refused to sign a LOI for him and there was hubub because SHE wanted him to go elsewhere. But given the apparent happiness of the family at the announcement that is not an issue.

Last edited:
And we will never move on from tiller. Tiller is a Purdue legend. Hopefully brohm can become one too #legacy

Hopefully Brohm surpasses, but Tiller showed us that Purdue could compete in the modern age of college football, much like Fitzgerald, Barnett and Walker showed at NW.

He's as committed as can be. He's not changing his mind.
You do not know this as fact nor do any of us. Go get a job at some sports network and just throw everything against the wall. Until he signs on the line, nothing is freaking known. If he signs, great job by the staff. Until then, fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Ok, keep your fingers crossed hoping he signs next month.

I'm just going back to signing day. Listening to Moore's speech, he informed Brohm on his visit he was coming to Purdue and Brohm basically allowed him to make his announcement at the game. I have no doubt he's coming to Purdue.

But yes there were two cases last year where the mother wanted her son to go to one place and the father signed for him to go elsewhere. and those two cases got ugly.

and for the fans that follow this stuff, do you believe his delayed announcement at the all star game generated more publicity for Purdue than would have been generated by signing on the early signing day or the day after?

You do not know this as fact nor do any of us. Go get a job at some sports network and just throw everything against the wall. Until he signs on the line, nothing is freaking known. If he signs, great job by the staff. Until then, fingers crossed.
He is allowed an opinion. Stop being an ahole

According to rivals he is our third best receiver in this class. I’m assuming he is downgraded due to his size.

That brings up an interesting question, however. Obviously, Moore is more of a shifty slot reciever whereas Taylor and Anderson are likely outside guys. Do wide receiver ratings take into account the fact that not every receiver position requires a guy over 6 feet tall?

Looking back at the Rivals 100 receivers for the past 10 years, the top rated receivers included in the top 100 all had a tendency to be 6'2 and above. During that 10 year period, with about 20 WRs included in the top 100 each year, there were about 5 that were listed as being below 6'.

I'm not saying those players turned out to be the best WRs. But as a recruit/prospect, it sure looks like height is part of their grading criteria.

According to rivals he is our third best receiver in this class. I’m assuming he is downgraded due to his size.

That brings up an interesting question, however. Obviously, Moore is more of a shifty slot reciever whereas Taylor and Anderson are likely outside guys. Do wide receiver ratings take into account the fact that not every receiver position requires a guy over 6 feet tall?
Wow. I hope they are right. We will get good at that position in a hurry.
Is it possible all three could start in 3 wide sets?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT