ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore OUT

Aug 14, 2008
Love the guy, but he can't stay healthy. Not sure how long he'll be out, but he had a golden opportunity to shine with Hopkins being suspended. I guess he still does, but that will depend on his hamstring which seems to be an ongoing issue for him. Hasn't played a full year of football since his freshman year.

I fully believe that overtraining is to blame for a lot of athletes injuries. Thirty years ago you didn’t see near the number of soft tissue problems.
Maybe not in football but you saw them in track. They’re pushing athletes to the absolute brink now to get every ounce of speed out of them on the field. They could be more conservative but they wouldn’t be as competitive week to week.

Track? Did somebody mention track on this board besides me? Let’s your dogs lose on him!

Reminds me of when Bob Sanders played for the Colts. His biceps were bigger than my thighs. He kept straining or snapping tendons in his arms. I don't think his tendons could handle the strength in his biceps. Never saw this 30 yrs ago either. Pushing yourself to the limit or beyond sometimes limits or injures you!

Maybe not in football but you saw them in track. They’re pushing athletes to the absolute brink now to get every ounce of speed out of them on the field. They could be more conservative but they wouldn’t be as competitive week to week.
Back in 2018 when there was a video of Rondale squatting 600, I was the one asking whether that was even a good idea for somebody his size. Multiple non-contact lower body injuries later, you can’t help but connect the dots.

Yes, some guys need to overtrain just to compete at a high level. Certain 2 or 3 star OL recruits come to mind. Burning your light bright and quick might beat never shining at all. That’s football in a nutshell. But I think Rondale with his speed and agility probably could have been an explosive slot receiver had he “only” been capable of squatting 500.

To paraphrase the fictional scientist Ian Malcom, you were too preoccupied thinking whether you could, you didn’t stop to think if you should.

Back in 2018 when there was a video of Rondale squatting 600, I was the one asking whether that was even a good idea for somebody his size. Multiple non-contact lower body injuries later, you can’t help but connect the dots.

Yes, some guys need to overtrain just to compete at a high level. Certain 2 or 3 star OL recruits come to mind. Burning your light bright and quick might beat never shining at all. That’s football in a nutshell. But I think Rondale with his speed and agility probably could have been an explosive slot receiver had he “only” been capable of squatting 500.

To paraphrase the fictional scientist Ian Malcom, you were too preoccupied thinking whether you could, you didn’t stop to think if you should.
Barry Sanders used to squat that much and wasnt bigger than Rondale. Some dudes are durable, others arent.

The red flags were there. There were many college teams that shied away. Many pro teams also passed! But let’s be real and positive! Rondale made it to the NFL and he succeeded at that level! That’s more than 99% of the world can claim! Props to Rondale!

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
The red flags were there. There were many college teams that shied away. Many pro teams also passed! But let’s be real and positive! Rondale made it to the NFL and he succeeded at that level! That’s more than 99% of the world can claim! Props to Rondale!
Which colleges shied away? Youre talking out of your ass again

Which colleges shied away? Youre talking out of your ass again
I wish you would shut up too! Look at his offers! And then tell me that schools didn’t shy away! Not every college recruiter shared your opinion of Rondale and not every pro scout shared your opinion either. If they did, Rondale most likely would not have come to Purdue. If every pro scout loved him he would have been a first round pick. Not all high school national scouts were that impressed either. How many stars did he have? What was his rating? Why didn’t he sign with OSU or Alabama?

Last edited:
I wish you would shut up too! Look at his offers! And then tell me that schools didn’t shy away! Not every college recruiter shared your opinion of Rondale and not every pro scout shared your opinion either. If they did, Rondale most likely would not have come to Purdue. If every pro scout loved him he would have been a first round pick. Not all high school national scouts were that impressed either. How many stars did he have? What was his rating? Why didn’t he sign with OSU or Alabama?
He was offered by osu and they wanted him. He signed with Purdue because of brohm and the trinity connection.

also, Farrell, the rivals scout who gave rondale a 3 star rating gave a mea culpa and said he was wrong. Let’s see if you have similar humility

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Barry Sanders used to squat that much and wasnt bigger than Rondale. Some dudes are durable, others arent.
Barry Sanders was a freak of nature. Even so, were those even his numbers at age 18? Regardless, not sure it is wise to be advising high school kids to try and match those kind of numbers.

Quote per coach Tiller, “You can’t be in the club if you’re in the tub.”
Rondale may end up with a short career if he remains injury plagued. Learn yoga and stretching more than strength…my $.02 from the cheap seats.

Qoute per my Fantasy Team. Get your ass out of the tub and into the club. Questionable game time call again!? Knee. He is snake bitten with health issues. I like him, but strictly Fantasy Owner = picking others over him. If I'm doing that, what are the GM and Coach thinking?

Reactions: BSIT
Qoute per my Fantasy Team. Get your ass out of the tub and into the club. Questionable game time call again!? Knee. He is snake bitten with health issues. I like him, but strictly Fantasy Owner = picking others over him. If I'm doing that, what are the GM and Coach thinking?
I've got him on my fantasy as well. Guy is made of glass these days. He's picked up these last 2 injuries in Thursday practices. That frosh year was an absolute anomaly.

There’s more than just injuries with Rondale. He has had some opportunity in the nfl and just been bad. The usage seems bad by Kliff but then again when he came back for those last few games at Purdue it was the same. ADOT is laughable. Nothing down the field at all. He can’t break tackles and just run away from people any more and his only chance to do it is at or behind the LOS. He’s just too small.

I would argue he had a more productive College career.

Rondale had a spectacular year...Bell had a couple.
Bell 100% had a better college career. He just never had the big double digit TD season. I had my questions on Bell as a pro but also said a while back he was drafted into about the worst possible spot. They have a clear cut top 2 with Cooper and DPJ, have the best RB duo in the league, and they use 2 TEs all the time. He’s being out targeted by both RBs and the 2nd TE. Season high 3 targets last week but only played 19 snaps.

Maybe Watson changes things for him but he is not set up well. Tough to see a path to a lot of production for Bell in Cleveland.

Reactions: BSIT and DAG10
Bell 100% had a better college career. He just never had the big double digit TD season. I had my questions on Bell as a pro but also said a while back he was drafted into about the worst possible spot. They have a clear cut top 2 with Cooper and DPJ, have the best RB duo in the league, and they use 2 TEs all the time. He’s being out targeted by both RBs and the 2nd TE. Season high 3 targets last week but only played 19 snaps.

Maybe Watson changes things for him but he is not set up well. Tough to see a path to a lot of production for Bell in Cleveland.

Agree in part that Bell is in a tough spot for now. If/when Watson is back, I think he could be really productive.

Don't know what else can be said with Rondale Moore - if you can't get on the field. I still think if he gets healthy, he'll have a shot - it may not be with the Cardinals, though.

I think Watson helps his cause, but, you are right about it being a bad landing spot for him unfortunately.

Just when Rondale started to maybe get a little something going, Hopkins comes back and Kliff has Rondale play almost exclusively outside. He’s got no chance on the outside. Kliff is terrible but as long as he’s there Rondale will have to literally move to RB to be successful. Wish they would move him to a smart offensive coach.

Just when Rondale started to maybe get a little something going, Hopkins comes back and Kliff has Rondale play almost exclusively outside. He’s got no chance on the outside. Kliff is terrible but as long as he’s there Rondale will have to literally move to RB to be successful. Wish they would move him to a smart offensive coach.

Kliff Kingsbury.

Now here's a guy - played QB at Texas Tech and suddenly he's a head coach in the NFL? Now, they gave him a five-year extension this year.....Steve, he was making five POINT five million dollars a year and they're gonna give the guy a raise......Holy Toledo, I just can't figure it out.

AdorableSharpBettong-size_restricted.gif

They’ve given him 3 of those in 4 games this year and he has -11 yards.
Got blown up again a few weeks back and is out for the season. I guess it's a groin issue.

Needed him to just get 1 catch to win my fantasy that week too.

The guy can hardly get through practices, so running him on reverses and jet sweeps is probably a bad idea.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT