ADVERTISEMENT

Rod Woodson

This show was excellent.I have seen many of the NFL network Football Life shows and this was as good as any of them.Rod was a great athlete,fine person and great representitive of Purdue.

Reactions: SKYDOG and DAG10
This show was excellent.I have seen many of the NFL network Football Life shows and this was as good as any of them.Rod was a great athlete,fine person and great representitive of Purdue.
He was as talented as anyone to play at/for Purdue...stellar professional career, and, a class act off of it as well.

To this day, I remember his final game and the gold jerseys...I remember a number of his highlights, but, that game was special.

He was as talented as anyone to play at/for Purdue...stellar professional career, and, a class act off of it as well.

To this day, I remember his final game and the gold jerseys...I remember a number of his highlights, but, that game was special.
I saw that game in person and was in awe in Woodson’s performance. As a Purdue student at the time, I got see all of his games in person. Man, what a talent. Too bad he was on poor Purdue teams.

Reactions: SKYDOG

I remember him at the Peach Bowl making tackles so hard I could hear the hits up in the stands. Also remember him walking on campus in shorts and was shocked at how big his thighs were

Reactions: DAG10
Try running into a Rod Woodson pick at the Co-Rec. I’ve collided with so-called fitness buffs/bodybuilders and was never dazed and sore after that from Rod.

Try running into a Rod Woodson pick at the Co-Rec. I’ve collided with so-called fitness buffs/bodybuilders and was never dazed and sore after that from Rod.
He was a legit good basketball player, which, comes as zero surprise in that he was so gifted athletically in general...

Reactions: BSIT and BNIBoiler
That was my introduction to Purdue football. I was a senior in HS (three hours away) and happened to go there with a family friend. Rushed the field after. The next fall, I was enrolled as a freshman. Who knows what my path would have been had I not gone to that game.

“I could easily create an argument for him being the greatest defensive back of all time” -Boomer Esiason

He's certainly right there at the top with Ronnie Lott, IMO.

There's also Ed Reed, Paul Krause, Dick Lane, Mike Haynes, Mel Blount, Willie Brown, Charles Woodson, and Deion Sanders to name some others among a select few.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT