ADVERTISEMENT

Rock it Boilers! Remember me?

I love the Modelo commercial because my dad and I watched The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly so many times I can't count. And Rest in Peace, Ennio Marricone.

The Modelo remix

Damn you Mr. Scott, it's too early to be cracking open a beer... or not.
giphy.gif

Close, but not negro model. ;)

That's a good beer too; my fridge is stocked with Modelo Especial and when Mr. Scott posted "The Ecstasy of Gold" I was out at a local establishment having a good bowl of chili with tortilla chips, salsa and a couple draft Modelos.

They had Dos Equis Amber on tap too, which I almost ordered but decided on Modelo because I add lime with it -- something about that food combination and a good Mexican lager with lime that really does it for me.

giphy.gif

That's a good beer too; my fridge is stocked with Modelo Especial and when Mr. Scott posted "The Ecstasy of Gold" I was out at a local establishment having a good bowl of chili with tortilla chips, salsa and a couple draft Modelos.

They had Dos Equis Amber on tap too, which I almost ordered but decided on Modelo because I add lime with it -- something about that food combination and a good Mexican lager with lime that really does it for me.

giphy.gif
used to spend a lot of time in Mexico with various companies. Negro modelo was my choice. Most down there drink Dos Equis of one sort and Tecate. Corona seems to be a USA thing. I really like Worsteiner Dunkel
18-090502-023-Edit.jpg

and like Southern Pecan from Lazy Magnolia little background the first 30 seconds here Southern Beer mostly

That's Warsteiner. But you really should have Placidus Cobaldus from Ummendorf brewery ( www.braeuhaus.de ), my far favorite beer in the world and from my German wife's home village.
Yeah, I got the right beer even if I did type it wrong. ;) my son-in-law grew up 4 1/2 hours away in Saxony in a little town called Plauen. Is the beer available outside the area

Yeah, I got the right beer even if I did type it wrong. ;) my son-in-law grew up 4 1/2 hours away in Saxony in a little town called Plauen. Is the beer available outside the area
The beer is only available very locally. I've talked to the brewer about exporting it to Las Vegas, but he only wants to keep it local. Their 3 liter magnum size bottles would go over big as a nice substitute for champagne when celebrating!

One of the first things we do when visiting Germany now is to visit the brewery and purchase several cases of beer. After drinking the best beer elsewhere during the day, it's always nice to finish the day with Placidus Cobaldus which tops everything else I've had, even if it may have started to go flat from several week's in the trunk of the car!

Reactions: tjreese
I love the Modelo commercial because my dad and I watched The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly so many times I can't count. And Rest in Peace, Ennio Marricone.

The Modelo remix

When that commercial first came out my son said “holy crap dad, it’s your beer and one of your favorite songs!” I’ve loved Ectasy of Gold and Morricone for forever. Reminds me of hanging out on a beach in Mexico with my dad sharing a bucket of beer.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT