ADVERTISEMENT

Rock it Boilers! Music Thread if you can Rock! Beginners Welcome!

USAF Pilot Medic in 1974, gleap. Gettin' out of nam then, just missed it. Thank you, Jesus!

I spent all of an hour or so in Nam at Tan Son Nhut Air Base going to a PACAF editor's conference in Bangkok. It was quite long enough for me, thank you very much.:) Then back to Yokota AB in Japan for the rest of my overseas vacation.

Reactions: geauxblue22
I spent all of an hour or so in Nam at Tan Son Nhut Air Base going to a PACAF editor's conference in Bangkok. It was quite long enough for me, thank you very much.:) Then back to Yokota AB in Japan for the rest of my overseas vacation.
Buddy of mine was in Kadena for a while. Interesting stories, but nobody died, eh?

Just a FYI SiriusXM 60s on 6 is starting a countdown of the top 200 American acts of the 60s at 7PM Eastern tonight. The list was chosen by fan vote. If you don't have a subscription but have an XM capable radio it's free this weekend til the 6th

....aaaand the quintessential Eddie Van Halen...

Unfortunately, the "burning embers" in the video would ultimately lead to his early demise.

It's interesting to note, he was supposed to be the drummer, but brother Alex took over his drum set, forcing him to move to guitar.

Wow, what we would have missed, had that move not happened...!

I recall a video interview, in which he talked about the friendship he forged with Les Paul.

RIP to one of the greatest guitarists.

Reactions: ChrisBuehler
Another favorite I love to play on the Hackbrett- . One of three songs I used to play every February to honor the musicians of On the Day the Music Died.

ADVERTISEMENT