ADVERTISEMENT

Rock it Boilers! Music Thread if you can Rock! Beginners Welcome!

iYYRH4apXDo

Reactions: ChrisBuehler
okay... a bit "off track", but if you remember Jefferson Starship and "Jane", this is the same guitarist (Craig Chaquico) showing his insane creativity...

So you like acoustic? I'm an admitted metalhead so check this out (and bear with me). First you need to listen to one of the best metal songs of all time by Megadeth:

Now listen to Rodrigo y Gabriela's version:

So you like acoustic? I'm an admitted metalhead so check this out (and bear with me). First you need to listen to one of the best metal songs of all time by Megadeth:

Now listen to Rodrigo y Gabriela's version:

That is awesome!

Yes, I like acoustic (I have my guitar sitting close by, as I write this), but I really just love music. Grew up playing sports as well as music. Never was much of a metal fan, but I have some clients who are and I took them to an outstanding metal concert a few months ago, and I'm listening to more of it as I get older. (Go figure!)

And, I absolutely love it when talented musicians "cross over" and play different types of music. Much like this:

That is awesome!

Yes, I like acoustic (I have my guitar sitting close by, as I write this), but I really just love music. Grew up playing sports as well as music. Never was much of a metal fan, but I have some clients who are and I took them to an outstanding metal concert a few months ago, and I'm listening to more of it as I get older. (Go figure!)

And, I absolutely love it when talented musicians "cross over" and play different types of music. Much like this:

I'm with you 85. Love the crossing over. I primarily listen to classical or metal, but my kids expose me to many other kinds. Metal is quite fascinating if you give it a chance and there are so many sub genres you can likely find something palatable. Many folks have a hard time with it because they think it's either just screaming or it's the 80s hair bands (not metal at all). The off time signatures many do now throws people off too, but that's only a couple of sub genres. I get that, but there is other cool stuff out there. Its helpful to have a buddy guide you through it. I've converted a few folks over. I have a hard time finding much music out there that can invoke nearly as much emotion for me as heavy music.

Reactions: Purdue85
1968/1969 - the Tarr Pit bar somewhere across the levee - great psychedelic light shows similar to this version of Jump Into the Fire which was part of the sound track of Harry Nilsson and Ringo Starr's Son of Dracula. The movie sound track vinyl album had a killer iron-on of vampire teeth saying "Bite Me" if I recall correctly. About twenty years ago I was playing my mix tape which had the extended drums (about 4:00 on the video) and someone asked if my car was misfiring - all TIC I was sure.

Having lived in Stuttgart, Germany for 8 years I love carnival time Guggenmusik. This unique music is performed by usually highly costumed bands. Two of my favorites:

Love those (temple) blocks in the latter, I even bought a set!

one of my top 3 favorite bands, great post. Just so you know they are on their 50th year and farewell tour of what's left of them. Got to meet Phil Mogg a couple of times in my life too.

I do know they're touring as one of my former roommates saw them in New Bedford, MA on Feb. 19, 2020. Here's the video from that concert:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT