ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie quote

It is harder to win with high character, but then you don't have to worry about karma. That score matters the most since it will determine where you go after death.
100%.

At least one poster here sees himself as a great salesman and an expert critic of why Painter doesn't get 5-star players. According to the expert, Painter needs to lie to these 16-, 17-, 18-year-old kids. Tell them what they want to hear. Make promises that you do not intend to keep. Apparently, that's what makes a great salesman.

I truly appreciate Painter's integrity and the quality of kids he brings to Purdue. It matters to me that 10 members of the basketball team were B1G All Academic, as well as B1G basketball champs. A coaches job is NOT only to win basketball games. Even in this new NIL world, his job is to build character in the young men he mentors by first setting an example. Painter has shown it still works.

• Love
Reactions: DrEss and icewind7
There was a lot of complaining about what Painter was unwilling to do, but I think it’s fair to say that we are now seeing the upside of his approach. Keeping this group together after last year’s disappointment should not be taken for granted. It only happened because the players wanted to be there and Matt Painter’s integrity is a big part of why they wanted to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT