ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky and Kyle at 4 and 5 going forward?

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Those two along with Madison, Ellis, Terry seems like a nice lineup. Hardin, Moore, Smith rounding out the 8 player rotation isn’t bad.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I wouldn't mind seeing Coach Gearlds give it a try. But I would honestly be shocked to see her remove Cass Hardin from the starting lineup.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I wouldn't mind seeing Coach Gearlds give it a try. But I would honestly be shocked to see her remove Cass Hardin from the starting lineup.
I think she has to leave Rickie in the starting lineup and bring Kyle off the bench to substitute for Rickie. Team chemistry on the floor is really good with Rickie, and I am not sure that Ra Shaya is a positive for the lineup. Granted I have not seen Kyle in many games, but my initial impression is not positive, and she definitely does not run the floor very well, compared to Rickie. We are on a five-game win streak with Rickie, Cass, Madison, Jennae, and Abby as a core unit, and Katie will probably be cautious about changing that grouping.

I think she has to leave Rickie in the starting lineup and bring Kyle off the bench to substitute for Rickie. Team chemistry on the floor is really good with Rickie, and I am not sure that Ra Shaya is a positive for the lineup. Granted I have not seen Kyle in many games, but my initial impression is not positive, and she definitely does not run the floor very well, compared to Rickie. We are on a five-game win streak with Rickie, Cass, Madison, Jennae, and Abby as a core unit, and Katie will probably be cautious about changing that grouping.
Good point, Hardin has played great, wasn’t a swipe at her, just want to clarify that. Perhaps next year these two start together?

Agree with most of this. I could see Kyle and Rickey both playing together and separately. I think KG will help Kyle improve. Hardin will always have a lot of minutes because she does a lot more than shoot. Layton is our do it all star, Ellis and Terry are a great duo. Omyri, Smith, and Doumbia and even Learn will play some. Moore will have a major role. KG knows how to adjust, What they did against the MSU star--Clouden-- was remarkable and won the game. KG is like Painter--knows how to inspire and use players correctly. That is why both teams have either won or been in every game for most of them. I don't expect the women to beat Iowa or Indiana, but I do expect them to compete. Were they to beat either one would not be a surprise.
P.S. I feel bad for Farquar and the others who left. They would have thrived under this coach.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Agree with most of this. I could see Kyle and Rickey both playing together and separately. I think KG will help Kyle improve. Hardin will always have a lot of minutes because she does a lot more than shoot. Layton is our do it all star, Ellis and Terry are a great duo. Omyri, Smith, and Doumbia and even Learn will play some. Moore will have a major role. KG knows how to adjust, What they did against the MSU star--Clouden-- was remarkable and won the game. KG is like Painter--knows how to inspire and use players correctly. That is why both teams have either won or been in every game for most of them. I don't expect the women to beat Iowa or Indiana, but I do expect them to compete. Were they to beat either one would not be a surprise.
P.S. I feel bad for Farquar and the others who left. They would have thrived under this coach.
It was probably for the best that some left. Nothing against Farquhar but it’s probably saved Woltman’s career that she’s gone, gave her minutes that she needed.

Reactions: ChemE Grad
ADVERTISEMENT