ADVERTISEMENT

Remember a lot to play for next week.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
At the get go of the season, Purdue played the #2 most difficult schedule in the U.S. With our defense depleted due to graduation, many here thought 5-7 (myself included). A good chance to win the Bucket in a long standing rivalry game, go bowling, our young defensive players get 15 additional practices to improve, Brohm likely stays to see the 2018 class thru. These are all good things. Better than what pre-season prognosticators predicted. I for one would be happy.

That was my prediction and for precisely the reason you mentioned. And yet I still get upset when we lose games like today's in exactly the way you'd expect with a thin defense.

Hope is a horrible thing.
Well, being a Boiler fan sets you up for days like this.

At the get go of the season, Purdue played the #2 most difficult schedule in the U.S. With our defense depleted due to graduation, many here thought 5-7 (myself included). A good chance to win the Bucket in a long standing rivalry game, go bowling, our young defensive players get 15 additional practices to improve, Brohm likely stays to see the 2018 class thru. These are all good things. Better than what pre-season prognosticators predicted. I for one would be happy.

Beat IU with Brohm staying....Bam!

Reactions: Zaphod_B
They lost to a bad Minnesota team and blew a 14 point lead today. Have to find something positive.

I’ll be in attendance cheering my heart out for Purdue. I hope they show up prepared and play to their capabilities. If they do, I’m confident we will win. If they play like at Minnesota, then it will be a rough afternoon.

They lost to a bad Minnesota team and blew a 14 point lead today. Have to find something positive.
Those are correctable for next week. Next take the foot off the gas against the Loosiers. Oh, here is something else that I think will be positive. Brohm signs a new contract (or extension) and our 2019 class stays in tact. Boom, that just happened Lou! Name that reference for extra credit?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT