ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Injuries(?)

Mar 12, 2016
Now that we have Jalen Graham back, does anyone have a comprehensive list of injuries along with their (projected) return dates?

Garrett Miller - Out for Season
Damarjhe Lewis - Out For Season
Broc Thompson - Out for Season
Joe Anderson -(?)
Milton Wright - Out for Season
Abdur Rahmann Yassen - Out for Season
Cam Craig -Out (Career Ending Injury)

Any others that I missed? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1234FirstDown
Now that we have Jalen Graham back, does anyone have a comprehensive list of injuries along with their (projected) return dates?

Joe Anderson -(?)

Doerue is the most obvious...
Canion is another
I thought Yaseen was due back last week, so, don't believe that one is accurate above in that I believe he is expected back.
Tee Denson on the defensive side...that could be one where he is out for the season though.

Joe Anderson -(?)

Well Wright isn't injured...

Thompson, Doerue, and ARY are not out for the season but they've all been out quite a while so far.

Well Wright isn't injured...

Thompson, Doerue, and ARY are not out for the season but they've all been out quite a while so far.
Thompson could be headed in the direction of out for season...like say, ARY was supposed to be back last Saturday, so, I assume he will be back yet this year, if not this week...Doerue...no sense that was season-ending...but, that it has lingered for a month now is concerning...if he is not back in the next two weeks, that one could move in the same direction as Thompson as far as maybe indeed being season-ending.

Curious for a status update on Canion and Denson, as, both could potentially really help.

Tom posted an update a few minutes ago

Dylan Downing - Out (foot)
Chris Jefferson - Out (unspecified injury)
O.C. Brothers - Doubtful (knee)
Charlie Jones - limited in practice
Scotty Humpich - Questionable, leaning toward Doubtful

Yaseen returned last weekend from what I understand

Reactions: DAG10

He was supposed to, but, I did not even look to see if he played or not, and, I don't recall him playing.

Jefferson being out hurts for sure.

Did Brothers play on Saturday? I would not deem him a critical loss, but, missing him does hurt some.

Downing being out hurts....way more so if Doerue is not back.

Jones...that guy is just not going to get right likely the rest of the way unfortunately and will be limited probably the rest of the year for practice...thankfully, he can still play, and, has/will.

I still would like to hear an update on Canion, Doerue, Denson, and Thompson

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Saw on the Minnesota site that OL Daniel Johnson is now out for the rest of the season too?

He was supposed to, but, I did not even look to see if he played or not, and, I don't recall him playing.

Did Brothers play on Saturday? I would not deem him a critical loss, but, missing him does hurt some.

Jones...that guy is just not going to get right likely the rest of the way unfortunately and will be limited probably the rest of the year for practice...thankfully, he can still play, and, has/will.

Brothers didn't play. Downing hurts a bunch.

Joe Anderson -(?)

ARY was dressed and had one play Saturday

Hmmm.. that's 3-4 new ones from the MD game

Doerue is the most obvious...
Canion is another
I thought Yaseen was due back last week, so, don't believe that one is accurate above in that I believe he is expected back.
Tee Denson on the defensive side...that could be one where he is out for the season though.
ARY was dressed and on the sideline, but didn't play on Saturday.

We’ll need Lewis to step up at RB to help Mockobee.
Unless Doerue is back, which, would be pretty significant.

Lewis has struggled to even get on the field, which is not encouraging...he did have a couple of decent runs against FAU. To his credit, he made a pretty stellar Special Teams play on Saturday...love the effort in that regard.

We’ll need Lewis to step up at RB to help Mockobee.
Never mind...Doerue still out, which is concerning on its own, but, now more so with the indication that Downing is going to miss extended time as well.

The lack of depth issues are coming to the forefront yet again unfortunately...as, yet another issue on OL also.

Did not sound good this week from an injury report standpoint.

• Sad
Reactions: TX4GB
Also look for Tracy to get more work at RB. Need that three RBs rotation to keep legs fresh and from guys getting hurt. We are running thin in RB group.
Yes he was lined up there a few times Saturday. Getting a WR back would make it easier to do that more.

Joe Anderson -(?)

Anderson isnt injured. Just isnt any good.

Also look for Tracy to get more work at RB. Need that three RBs rotation to keep legs fresh and from guys getting hurt. We are running thin in RB group.
He will have to get work there with things as they stand...and, that group was thin to begin with...absent the key contributions from Devin in particular, but, Dylan as well, and, having been able to get Kobe in the portal, Purdue would be in a world of hurt...in scramble mode as it is and just trying to piece it together.

Getting Doerue back at some point would be helpful, but, for as long as that has lingered at this point, I am not sure how realistic that is unfortunately.

Joe Anderson -(?)

Broc is NOT out for the season … Will probably be back against Wisconsin or Definitely Iowa ..

Broc will be back either Wisconsin or Iowa

Reactions: xPLUGx1
Guys, just so everyone is clear on Broc, he will be back either Wisconsin or Iowa .
Great news for sure...certainly for Purdue, but, for Broc as well...really happy to hear that he will be back, and, hope that he is genuinely much better, if not truly healthy...appreciate the update!

Reactions: NVboiler
Agree with that one. Havent seen him used as much as they did Anthrop though.
I agree, I thought he would be an athletic upgrade over Anthrop with a similar skill set. I was thinking he would be a big part of the offense, but that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe it takes some time to get into that role as he is showing some life lately.

Agree with that one. Havent seen him used as much as they did Anthrop though.
Right, and, agree...thought that we would see more of it, but, my point was with Downing out and the indication that Tracy will be in the backfield more as a result, I was suggesting that he would be used as Anthrop had been...I am not sure how much he will be a "between the tackles" guy, but, he will run some sweeps I would think...swing passes...screens, etc.

I agree, I thought he would be an athletic upgrade over Anthrop with a similar skill set. I was thinking he would be a big part of the offense, but that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe it takes some time to get into that role as he is showing some life lately.

Right, and, agree...thought that we would see more of it, but, my point was with Downing out and the indication that Tracy will be in the backfield more as a result, I was suggesting that he would be used as Anthrop had been...I am not sure how much he will be a "between the tackles" guy, but, he will run some sweeps I would think...swing passes...screens, etc.
Have we seen a Deion Burks jet sweep yet? Brohm ran that to death with Rondale and Anthrop. Burks seems like the prime candidate with his speed.

Have we seen a Deion Burks jet sweep yet? Brohm ran that to death with Rondale and Anthrop. Burks seems like the prime candidate with his speed.
Agree...Burks role has picked up the starting with end or Syracuse and then from FAU game on...he has morphed into that Moore role...returner...slot guy with thoughts of getting the ball to him in open space...to your point, I would expect seeing the jet sweep with him soon in that we have not to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT