ADVERTISEMENT

Religion and Abortion

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
Many Protestant churches (Methodist, Presbyterian, Evangelical Lutheran, et al) allow for abortion under various circumstances. In addition, non Christian religions (Muslim, Jewish, et al) allow for abortion. To my knowledge only Catholic and a few Evangelical Protestant churches do not allow for abortion under any circumstances.
“The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is an abortion.
The treatment for a septic uterus is an abortion.
The treatment for a miscarriage your body will not release is an abortion.
If you can’t get an abortion in any of these cases, you die.
You. Die. “

Last edited:
Many Protestant churches (Methodist, Presbyterian, Evangelical Lutheran, et al) allow for abortion under various circumstances. In addition, non Christian religions (Muslim, Jewish, et al) allow for abortion. To my knowledge only Catholic and a few Evangelical Protestant churches do not allow for abortion under any circumstances.
You. Die. “
You are not completely correct. The LIBERAL Protestant churches allow for abortion, such as the ELCA, UMC, PCUSA. Conservative Protestant denominations consider it what it is - abhorrent and contrary to Scripture just like the RCC and Evangelical churches. Think LCMS, Wisconsin Synod Lutheran, Southern Baptist, and conservative Presbyterian. These churches understand that there are cases where the life of the mother is at stake - that is different than having an abortion for convenience. That said, abortion should be very rare.

Reactions: jddpt06

I'm an atheist and I am for the most part, pro-life.

Sprinkles on top - I marred a woman who had an abortion.

You are not completely correct. The LIBERAL Protestant churches allow for abortion, such as the ELCA, UMC, PCUSA. Conservative Protestant denominations consider it what it is - abhorrent and contrary to Scripture just like the RCC and Evangelical churches. Think LCMS, Wisconsin Synod Lutheran, Southern Baptist, and conservative Presbyterian. These churches understand that there are cases where the life of the mother is at stake - that is different than having an abortion for convenience. That said, abortion should be very rare.
I agree with you that abortion should be very rare and not used as a method of birth control. Do you agree that the case reported in the Cincinnati Enquirer of a 10 year old rape victim should be one of those rare exceptions?

You. Die. “
You're absolutely incorrect in your statements.

In all of the cases you mention above, the Catholic doctrine of "double effect" is in play. If the mother undergoes life saving procedures which cause the unfortunate death of the child, then it is a moral and justifiable procedure.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
You're absolutely incorrect in your statements.

In all of the cases you mention above, the Catholic doctrine of "double effect" is in play. If the mother undergoes life saving procedures which cause the unfortunate death of the child, then it is a moral and justifiable procedure.

Last edited:
You are an advocate of abortion, the nastiest procedure performed on human living feeling being. I am saying if it is good enough for other people in your opinion it should have been good enough for you.
Good enough for me to have an abortion? Good enough for my mother to have aborted me? I totally do not understand what you are on about.

ADVERTISEMENT