ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class of 2021

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
With a cancelled season, does this affect our recruiting for the 2021 class, especially if the SEC and ACC end up playing? I would definitely assume so. Even if a lot of recruits wait and and sign in the normal signing period in February, instead of the early signing period in the Fall, the Spring season will not have started until after the February signing date, unless this date would happen to get changed. Of course, there is still no guarantee that we would have a Spring season.

Unlike an Ohio State, they does have to follow the same rules of no on campus visits right now, they can sell their program on their tradition and winning. We are just now starting to get back in younger kids mentality that Purdue is an up and coming program. Also, many recruits over the last 2 years have been sold by getting on campus and seeing the new practice facility and other things. I would say that the 2021 class is going to be lower than the previous 2 classes now. We have a good start to 2022 with Allen, but does this put us behind in 2022 with these limitations? We benefited from Allen being able to see campus and the game day environment, but most 2022 recruits have never been to Purdue for a campus or to visit.

Also, Yanni's final 4 choices have been schools from the Big Ten and the Pac 12. I don't see official visits happening for quite sometime. Does this help us with him, since he might not get that chance to see California or Oregon?

ADVERTISEMENT