ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting AA - a Purdue thing

Thanks for doing more research.
But after all that in the B10, when it comes to AAs........

CMP still comes out on top & most schools aren't close.

Purdue AAs.....we are witnesses to greatness.
Which is more important: Number of AAs or number of FFs or NC?

Like asking which child is more important to you......
All awards & notoriety are great. Both can be admired as worthy.
But yes I would take 10 FFs over 10 AAs if I had to choose.

Like asking which child is more important to you......
All awards & notoriety are great. Both can be admired as worthy.
But yes I would take 10 FFs over 10 AAs if I had to choose.
I agree, but unfortunately, Purdue is getting notoriety in the tourney for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: typeviic
I agree, but unfortunately, Purdue is getting notoriety in the tourney for the wrong reasons.
No one really gives a shit except for us. I get that you're upset about it, I am too, but really, unless the media is looking for something to talk about or IU fans are taking digs because their program sucks, no one cares outside of Purdue fans.

To answer your original question, I'd trade them all for one FF or NC but the reality is that AA's lead to FF and NC's. We need them more consistently and with a better supporting cast.

Reactions: Schnelk
To answer your original question, I'd trade them all for one FF or NC but the reality is that AA's lead to FF and NC's. We need them more consistently and with a better supporting cast.
Had plenty of AAs....
Just the supporting cast hasn't been there every time.

Hummel"s bunch had the injury....as did Haas team

CEs bunch had the missed FT.

One could say the rest had suspect guard play that was good in season but failed late as they weren't shot creators when the 3 wasn't there.

Anyway hope Colvin fixes that with Edey's team.

Had plenty of AAs....
Just the supporting cast hasn't been there every time.

Hummel"s bunch had the injury....as did Haas team

CEs bunch had the missed FT.

One could say the rest had suspect guard play that was good in season but failed late as they weren't shot creators when the 3 wasn't there.

Anyway hope Colvin fixes that with Edey's team.
Agree with all of that. Would say that Colvin isn't going to fix the guard play issue on his own. Needs to be Colvin and / or Heide and the maturation of Smith and Loyer.

If that happens and Zach returns this team may even be good enough to stay close to an IU team that is a pre-season juggernaut despite the fact that they have little actual returning productivity.

Last edited:
No one really gives a shit except for us. I get that you're upset about it, I am too, but really, unless the media is looking for something to talk about or IU fans are taking digs because their program sucks, no one cares outside of Purdue fans.

No one gives a shit? Are you kidding me? The happiest people in the room are those involved with UVA since they'll no longer be known as the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 .
In addition, every year for the next several, that game will be referenced as the David vs Goliath upset of the tourney and it will be mentioned several times not only during selection Sunday, but during every 16 vs 1 broadcast.
It was a historically bad loss that will resonate for a long time.

No one gives a shit? Are you kidding me? The happiest people in the room are those involved with UVA since they'll no longer be known as the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 .
In addition, every year for the next several, that game will be referenced as the David vs Goliath upset of the tourney and it will be mentioned several times not only during selection Sunday, but during every 16 vs 1 broadcast.
It will resonate with you. All of your other examples are media types looking for talking points. If that hurts your feelings I get it but everyone else will hear it and forget it.

If you think UVA fans give a crap about that loss after winning a NC you’re kidding yourself.

Reactions: pboiler18
It will resonate with you. All of your other examples are media types looking for talking points. If that hurts your feelings I get it but everyone else will hear it and forget it.

If you think UVA fans give a crap about that loss after winning a NC you’re kidding yourself.

It was the worst lost in NCAA tournament history. Yeh, you're right. No one remembers or cares.

C'mon Lenny, buddy......looks like we may need an intervention to help you get over this. Haha. Yeah, it was a terrible loss, and yes, Painter and everyone on the team has to live with it forever......perhaps it's time to stop dwelling on it for the sake of sanity. Nothing can be done now but for them to learn from it.

Now.....Painter certainly has issues to correct - more mentally for his team than anything, IMO.

57ca013f-13b1-4860-a7f5-7e3ce678e6d7_text.gif

C'mon Lenny, buddy......looks like we may need an intervention to help you get over this. Haha. Yeah, it was a terrible loss, and yes, Painter and everyone on the team has to live with it forever......perhaps it's time to stop dwelling on it for the sake of sanity. Nothing can be done now but for them to learn from it.

Now.....Painter certainly has issues to correct - more mentally for his team than anything, IMO.

57ca013f-13b1-4860-a7f5-7e3ce678e6d7_text.gif
i'm over it. What I was referring to was the guy saying no one cares or remembers. Unless Purdue pulls a UVA and gets to the FF next year, that loss will stick with Painter and Purdue for a really long time. It will be front and center when people start talking about the tourney next season.

i'm over it. What I was referring to was the guy saying no one cares or remembers. Unless Purdue pulls a UVA and gets to the FF next year, that loss will stick with Painter and Purdue for a really long time. It will be front and center when people start talking about the tourney next season.
You're either confused or twisting words. I did say that very few people actually care (primarily Purdue fans, IU fans and media empty shirts looking for something to talk about). You can disagree with that but most people just don't care about Purdue basketball.

I didn't say that no one remembers the loss. I said that when media types looking for talking points refer to the loss, most fans will hear it and forget it as a throw away remark rather than having it resonate as it would for you or me.

You're either confused or twisting words. I did say that very few people actually care (primarily Purdue fans, IU fans and media empty shirts looking for something to talk about). You can disagree with that but most people just don't care about Purdue basketball.

I didn't say that no one remembers the loss. I said that when media types looking for talking points refer to the loss, most fans will hear it and forget it as a throw away remark rather than having it resonate as it would for you or me.
Regardless, it will always be viewed as the worst loss in NCAA tourney history. That's a really unfortunate honor for Painter and Purdue to hold.

Why, of course the most important thing is the thing you don't have. :rolleyes:

What is more important, getting 3 and 4 star players and turning them into AAs, or bringing in high school AAs with NIL money from your highly successful career (so you say). lol

Purdue will win a championship under painter look at the recruiting myles Colvin heide and kanon catchings and possibly big dog son coming in 2024 as well

Good to know. It's about time.

But keep in mind, other teams are recruiting great players too.

Purdue will win a championship under painter look at the recruiting myles Colvin heide and kanon catchings and possibly big dog son coming in 2024 as well
I despise iu fans as much as the next guy, but one thing I will respect about them, albeit begrudgingly, is that they don't really care about B10 championships. They want tourney success, despite that being very hard for them to find for a long time.

I despise iu fans as much as the next guy, but one thing I will respect about them, albeit begrudgingly, is that they don't really care about B10 championships. They want tourney success, despite that being very hard for them to find for a long time.
They don't care about the BIG championship for the same reason the frustrated fox thought the grapes were sour. Nothing admirable in that thinking.

They don't care about the BIG championship for the same reason the frustrated fox thought the grapes were sour. Nothing admirable in that thinking.
I do think that IU goals and expectations are higher (unrealistically so) than Purdue's. Having said that, if IU were winning BT and BTT championships on a regular basis we'd be hearing about it.

Reactions: mathboy
I do think that IU goals and expectations are higher (unrealistically so) than Purdue's. Having said that, if IU were winning BT and BTT championships on a regular basis we'd be hearing about it.
For the past 10+ years IU fans' goals have been to finish in the upper half of the league and making the NCAA tournament. They considered it a major victory when they thought they would have been unvited the year the tournament was cancelled because of Covid.

For the past 10+ years IU fans' goals have been to finish in the upper half of the league and making the NCAA tournament. They considered it a major victory when they thought they would have been unvited the year the tournament was cancelled because of Covid.
They are six seasons removed from firing a coach who the year previous won the BT, was ranked in the top 10 and made the SS. Archie was a disaster and Woodson will be given some slack this year with a rebuilt roster but expectations remain unrealistically high overall. Meaning Woodson won't last long if he doesn't win anything of consequence.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT