ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Big Ten defensive lines

Probably a tad high given we have no legitimate pass rusher in that starting 4.

True…Sullivan, Deen and Jenkins have shown some flashes, so maybe they put it together more consistently. Then again, Jenkins may be replaced by Humprich and Sullivan pushed by Syndor.

True…Sullivan, Deen and Jenkins have shown some flashes, so maybe they put it together more consistently. Then again, Jenkins may be replaced by Humprich and Sullivan pushed by Syndor.
I see Anderson making a push at Sullivan’s spot and possibly caraway if hagen can work his magic

Reactions: pboiler18
I see Anderson making a push at Sullivan’s spot and possibly caraway if hagen can work his magic

Be interesting to see how it goes with Caraway. Heck of a talent, but is he physical ready to play in the Big Ten. Would have been a nice player to get in early.

Joe Anderson was as highly ranked as a recruit as GK
And he looked like he was coming on a little at seasons end. I never thought Sullivan had much burst to get to the QB. Tough player and a guy you definitely want in your two deep.. but I’d like to see if someone can’t press past him to start.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
And he looked like he was coming on a little at seasons end. I never thought Sullivan had much burst to get to the QB. Tough player and a guy you definitely want in your two deep.. but I’d like to see if someone can’t press past him to start.
Anderson didnt have much burst either. May be better suited to the 3 tecnique.

This list looks somewhat legit although the big ? is OSU who, on paper, should be no 1 but they've definitely underperformed the last couple of years which is why they fired their whole defensive staff (minus Larry Johnson).

No. His sack in teh bowl game was a coverage sack.
Agree. But good hustle to get off the block eventually and finish the play.

He’s massive for a college DE and I agree he’s a bit slow. I don’t disagree with your 3 technique assessment.

We have enough bodies on the DL that we can weather some bad injury luck here and not have much drop off IMO. More of a DL by committee and seeing who steps up.

Can also play a little match up football. Go bigger vs power run teams and lighter/faster vs spread/speed teams.

Agree. But good hustle to get off the block eventually and finish the play.

He’s massive for a college DE and I agree he’s a bit slow. I don’t disagree with your 3 technique assessment.

We have enough bodies on the DL that we can weather some bad injury luck here and not have much drop off IMO. More of a DL by committee and seeing who steps up.

Can also play a little match up football. Go bigger vs power run teams and lighter/faster vs spread/speed teams.

I remember talking with Tiller and he was lamenting how nice OSU had it because they would alternate DL on each series and not be tired in the 4th quarter.

I do think we have legitimately 10 guys who can play and not have a ton of drop off from 1 to the other. No absolute stars/studs but a lot of good players
Watch that SSDE spot. We may have a bunch of guys there but Not really one. In pass rush anyway. If we gotta bring extra guys to get basic pressure that isn’t good.

The benefit of depth and rotating guys is when you have guys that are willing to empty the tank on every down. That's what I want to see. No guys taking plays off because they don't want to come off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT