ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Holtz in portal

POTFHBTFU

Sophomore
Jul 25, 2021
Highly rated indiana prospect who we had on paper offered but he ended up at indiana. Wolegib lost his freaking mind as we apparently do not prioritize offensive linemen. Rumor was Purdue cooled off on him and stopped recruiting after questioning his motor. He didn’t crack the two deeps this year. I’m it suggesting we recruit him but just noting I think brohmco did the right thing here.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I didn't lose my mind. I just merely pointed out that Purdue doesn't prioritize recruiting o linemen, and then wastes a year redshirting them and feeding them oats like a cow in an effort to try to get them to gain weight. Our best linemen have been the ones that are developed elsewhere and transfer here or the the ones that don't redshirt.

• Angry
Reactions: pboiler18
I didn't lose my mind. I just merely pointed out that Purdue doesn't prioritize recruiting o linemen, and then wastes a year redshirting them and feeding them oats like a cow in an effort to try to get them to gain weight. Our best linemen have been the ones that are developed elsewhere and transfer here or the the ones that don't redshirt.
Darn apparently when you reply to my comments the ignore feature doesn’t work. I’ll keep it short our best OL this year was the five that started and did pretty decent. All brohm recruits. No transfers. We have one transfer on our three deeps. Yes he’s taken guys some other seasons when we had glaring holes which everyone does. And yes we develop them, everyone does as OL is a position freshmen rarely ever get any playing time. So redshirting is not a waste. I bet Iowa redshirts more of their oline than Purdue, if you disagree prove me wrong.

Reactions: pboiler18
He’s been oft injured and when he wasn’t, was not impressive. If he couldn’t crack the IU OLs of the past 2 seasons, I’m guessing P5 is not in his future.

Huge kid, looks the part, but had to be moved inside to Guard cuz he didn’t have enough lateral quickness to protect the edge. Maybe if TA didn’t keep his friend and OL coach, Hiller around 2 years longer than he should have, the kid might have had some decent coaching.

Darn apparently when you reply to my comments the ignore feature doesn’t work. I’ll keep it short our best OL this year was the five that started and did pretty decent. All brohm recruits. No transfers. We have one transfer on our three deeps. Yes he’s taken guys some other seasons when we had glaring holes which everyone does. And yes we develop them, everyone does as OL is a position freshmen rarely ever get any playing time. So redshirting is not a waste. I bet Iowa redshirts more of their oline than Purdue, if you disagree prove me wrong.
You are funny! You supposedly placed me on ignore but feel compelled to reply and argue with me!

Why should I do your research for you? Hartwig didn’t redshirt! Another lineman this year at Purdue didn’t redshirt! That sort of proves my point about redshirting and our conditioning and development of linemen! It would appear Purdue’s best linemen are the ones we didn’t redshirt and were better off by not having to waste a year by redshirting.

You love redshirting Purdue linemen. Just think if Purdue recruited linemen that didn’t require redshirting! And just because a lineman redshirted, doesn’t mean he benefited from it! And yes other schools also redshirt linemen. However, it could be said their linemen develop a lot better than Purdue’s linemen develop! Let’s look at how great Purdue’s linemen were as seniors! How many were drafted?

I provided two examples of Purdue linemen that didn’t benefit from Redshirting at Purdue! Wouldn’t you agree they were two of Purdue’s best linemen? Hartwig was awesome before he came to Purdue! How much did he really benefit from Purdue’s strength and conditioning program? My speculation is not much!

Last edited:
He’s been oft injured and when he wasn’t, was not impressive. If he couldn’t crack the IU OLs of the past 2 seasons, I’m guessing P5 is not in his future.

Huge kid, looks the part, but had to be moved inside to Guard cuz he didn’t have enough lateral quickness to protect the edge. Maybe if TA didn’t keep his friend and OL coach, Hiller around 2 years longer than he should have, the kid might have had some decent coaching.
Thanks for the intel. That’s consistent with the rumored scouting report Purdue had. Historically brohmco would sacrifice size for athleticism at OL. Hope he lands on his feet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT