ADVERTISEMENT

Railroading

Old Gold n Black

True Freshman
Nov 24, 2003
I hate IU as much as the next guy...but Rutgers is getting away with some shit on the defensive end. I think any B10 fan watching this game would hate to be the team on the receiving end.

It's like filling a blender to the brim with raw chicken liver, removing the lid and turning the blades on high. Just freaking ugly basketball.

I hate IU as much as the next guy...but Rutgers is getting away with some shit on the defensive end. I think any B10 fan watching this game would hate to be the team on the receiving end.

It's like filling a blender to the brim with raw chicken liver, removing the lid and turning the blades on high. Just freaking ugly basketball.
Nope, Ass hall has treated many teams the same.

Look at the replay when TJD is telling X to calm down and X's face looks like he didn't like it. X is a head case.

Trips to Maryland and Rutgers are going to be a problem for a lot of conference teams. Illinois and Indiana found that out already.

Maryland is not very deep, however. Only played 8, and then only six with 20 minutes or more.

Trips to Maryland and Rutgers are going to be a problem for a lot of conference teams. Illinois and Indiana found that out already.

Maryland is not very deep, however. Only played 8, and then only six with 20 minutes or more.
It's hard for an I.U. fan to take. We are doomed to mediocrity. Or, that would be an exaggerated evaluation of this team. We are terrible as usual.

Purdue's young guards will be tested.

Rutgers played play-ground ball, no blood no foul. The refs let them get away with a lot of small shit. IU's only offense was to get the ball in close and have TJD shoot a 3-footer. Nothing from the outside worked for them. Hood-Schefino didn't play so there's that. If IU plays this way in the rest of the BIG, they are going to be easy to defend, and will swan dive to another 9th place finish.

Rutgers played play-ground ball, no blood no foul. The refs let them get away with a lot of small shit. IU's only offense was to get the ball in close and have TJD shoot a 3-footer. Nothing from the outside worked for them. Hood-Schefino didn't play so there's that. If IU plays this way in the rest of the BIG, they are going to be easy to defend, and will swan dive to another 9th place finish.
Once again they couldn't shoot.Take away Miller Kopp and it would have been even uglier. Doesn't look like they've fixed their shooting woes from past years.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
A guy ( Koop) averaging 7 scores 21 and IU scores 48? How is that possible? Please don’t say the refs.

Reactions: Local Shill
I didn't see the game, but refs swallowing their whistles during B1G play gets old. I remember last year noticing a distinct difference in the opening Iowa game compared to how games were called in prior non-conference games. Will the conference ever learn that letting teams mug each other for 40 mins will never translate to march success when things are more wide open and freedom of movement is allowed?

Rutgers fan here. IU did NOT get the shaft from the officials today. There was one clear foul that should have been called against Mulcahy trying to block TJD, but that was the only blatant miss that favored us. In the first 5 minutes, we got called for 3 charges. Maybe one of them was a charge. The officials did all they could to help IU in the first half.…I think IU was in the bonus 8 minutes into the game (and they missed a boatload of FTs).

We won by 15. I don’t care how terrible the officiating is (and it can be really bad in this conference); that’s on IU, not the officials.

RU has won 6 in a row against IU and 8 of 9.

Reactions: mathboy
Rutgers fan here. IU did NOT get the shaft from the officials today. There was one clear foul that should have been called against Mulcahy trying to block TJD, but that was the only blatant miss that favored us. In the first 5 minutes, we got called for 3 charges. Maybe one of them was a charge. The officials did all they could to help IU in the first half.…I think IU was in the bonus 8 minutes into the game (and they missed a boatload of FTs).

We won by 15. I don’t care how terrible the officiating is (and it can be really bad in this conference); that’s on IU, not the officials.

RU has won 6 in a row against IU and 8 of 9.

I saw several uncalled fouls....not just one.

I also saw your team dismantle iu.......and agree the officials were NOT the reason for the loss. R played well and made shots. The "improved" iu D was not improved enough and let R score will.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I saw several uncalled fouls....not just one.

I also saw your team dismantle iu.......and agree the officials were NOT the reason for the loss. R played well and made shots. The "improved" iu D was not improved enough and let R score will.
I think the concern is that come March the refs will call a much different game. That may not work out to favor BIG teams, so why have refs allow that type of play now?

Reactions: Dryfly88
I think the concern is that come March the refs will call a much different game. That may not work out to favor BIG teams, so why have refs allow that type of play now?

The concern is always how is the team playing come March. A poorly refed game might matter in a close one, but a ranked Purdue, top 1-2 seed should not be in a close one if they playing well.

Secondly, while there are games called poorly in the B10, it is not a phenomenon solely found in the B10.

The concern is always how is the team playing come March. A poorly refed game might matter in a close one, but a ranked Purdue, top 1-2 seed should not be in a close one if they playing well.

Secondly, while there are games called poorly in the B10, it is not a phenomenon solely found in the B10.
Yep, I truly believe it's the tougher teams that get in the NC game. We weren't very tough at times last year and was susceptible because of this.

Now, this year has a different vibe and everyone seems hungry and on board. We are playing hungry to win.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
IU tries to make Galloway into Kramer 2.0 ... but Kramer was never an ass ... just a player who played hard every single second. As I see Smith doing. As much as Paint loves playing hard, he would not allow his player to play like Galloway. -- X is a whole nother story
Yep. Players become smug wannabe thugs at IU. Painter doesn't tolerate it. I'm guessing Newman has already learned a lesson about talking to the other team's bench after getting T'd up at FSU. Brohm might want to ask Matt how to correct that problem.

ADVERTISEMENT