ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those keeping closer track of transfer portal players

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Now that RB and CB have happened, are we filled up yet or is there one more? I know we are close with 13 days left. Is Purdue done or still working on any?
Bullwhip Griffith has a great list and timeline. What I don't recall is players that may have left (i.e. Cormier - K, Faucheux - DT and others) and leaving total count at 85 or ?
Players committed
Dylan Downing RB
Tyler Witt OG
Octavius Brothers OLB
Joseph Anderson SDE
Jamari Brown CB
Damarjhe Lewis SDE
Mitchell Fineran K
Broc Thompson WR
Christopher Jefferson CB
Devin Mockobee RB
Prince James Boyd Jr DT
C.J. McWilliams CB (Out injury)

Last edited:
From the detailed scholarship grid I keep, updated as of 6/15:

88 total scholarship players currently. 85 rule doesn't apply this year. Class of 2015 and 2016 guys like Greg Long, Anthony Watts, Semisi Fakasiieiki, Jackson Anthrop are all in their 6th or more year.

As for the 25 rule, it can be manipulated so that guys count towards 2022 count instead of 2021 (or 2020 into 2021) but I have:
15 Freshman coming
9 scholarship transfers (10 if you count CJ McWilliams but sounds like the spot is available again)
24 total

The two walk-on runningbacks are not counted.

To address your question, I would think that 1 transfer spot is still available and they are looking for CB help.

A couple notes on your list:
- Jefferson sounds like a safety, potential nickel back, maybe better to classify him as a DB instead of CB.
- While your list has 11 names, you're missing PrinceJames Boyd Jr.

Reactions: Beorik and krf3632
I would stay say they want another corner and a good OL if one came available.

There was a DT from Navy that entered the portal. Don’t know how good he is, but he’s more of a NT and our new DB coach is from there.

From the detailed scholarship grid I keep, updated as of 6/15:

88 total scholarship players currently. 85 rule doesn't apply this year. Class of 2015 and 2016 guys like Greg Long, Anthony Watts, Semisi Fakasiieiki, Jackson Anthrop are all in their 6th or more year.

As for the 25 rule, it can be manipulated so that guys count towards 2022 count instead of 2021 (or 2020 into 2021) but I have:
15 Freshman coming
9 scholarship transfers (10 if you count CJ McWilliams but sounds like the spot is available again)
24 total

The two walk-on runningbacks are not counted.

To address your question, I would think that 1 transfer spot is still available and they are looking for CB help.

A couple notes on your list:
- Jefferson sounds like a safety, potential nickel back, maybe better to classify him as a DB instead of CB.
- While your list has 11 names, you're missing PrinceJames Boyd Jr.
Boiler Addict,
Thank you for those couple of comments. I'm editting to add Prince James Boyd Jr.

Reactions: Boiler Addict
I would stay say they want another corner and a good OL if one came available.

There was a DT from Navy that entered the portal. Don’t know how good he is, but he’s more of a NT and our new DB coach is from there.
Interesting that two more transfers are plausible. Thank you for both the insight and initially tracking of the transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT