ADVERTISEMENT

Question....do all B10 Schools have indoor facilities

RFSNES

True Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
If so, Play your divisional 6 game schedule inside, week 7 Div. Champs play for Big10 Title.
Jan-Feb....That would leave plenty of time for Fall season.

Food for thought

Reactions: wolvermaker
It's an interesting idea. And you're right, that if the SEC and ACC are able to play this fall, I wouldn't think they'd be interested in delaying the start of the fall 2021 season just so the Big 10 and PAC 12 can safely play after a spring season.

But, with Christmas break, I'm not sure how early into 2021 spring football games could even start. Then there's the issue of fans. As to your question about indoor facilities, I would be surprised if any Big 10 team didn't have that available, but I doubt many (if any) would have space for fans beyond immediate family members of the players..

It's an interesting idea. And you're right, that if the SEC and ACC are able to play this fall, I wouldn't think they'd be interested in delaying the start of the fall 2021 season just so the Big 10 and PAC 12 can safely play after a spring season.

But, with Christmas break, I'm not sure how early into 2021 spring football games could even start. Then there's the issue of fans. As to your question about indoor facilities, I would be surprised if any Big 10 team didn't have that available, but I doubt many (if any) would have space for fans beyond immediate family members of the players..
Purdue wouldn't be able to host an official game in the Mollenkopf Center. There is not room for immediate families; let alone regular fans. However, that would be the least of the worries for a game. The Center is too narrow on the sidelines. I could see a player running or being pushed into the walls and seriously injuring themselves. It is great for practices, but would never work for a game.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Purdue and IU could use Lucas Oil Stadium.

But this is a pipe dream. The B10 looks silly if/when SEC & ACC begins play.

ADVERTISEMENT