ADVERTISEMENT

QB Paul Piferi commits

Solid get. Great size, throws a nice deep ball. Throwing motion is a little long like Ortons was but I’m sure the Brohms will correct that.

Don't you think some top qb prospects would be lining up to play at Purdue. A high power offense and a very smart offensive coach.

Don't you think some top qb prospects would be lining up to play at Purdue. A high power offense and a very smart offensive coach.

He’s rated top 20 pro-style by 247. It’s not like we’re the only high powered offense. There were definitely 20 better ones last year...

I guess we are spoiled on this board? He's not an elite 11 QB but played with a kid last year that likely will be, Illingsworth. Because he had to share time last season, his stats were not overly impressive. This year could be 3,000 yds and 25 TD's? I agree 4* will be a reach but he absolutely will end up high 3* against great CA HS competion-not Brownsburg -rural IN teams… Piferi is the "real deal" IN BROHM I TRUST!
Brownsburg plays other Indianapolis Schools. Now they got their asses handed to them twice last year by Avon, but only lost 3 games that season. They finished in the Top 15 in the state but granted Avon was their only top 10 competition I believe.

He’s rated top 20 pro-style by 247. It’s not like we’re the only high powered offense. There were definitely 20 better ones last year...

Did any of those 20 better offenses have a walk on and a former QB as their top targets? Drops killed Purdue last year. The WRs were completely outmatched. That is going to change with the added redshirt freshmen and true freshmen. Offense should be much better.

Brownsburg plays other Indianapolis Schools. Now they got their asses handed to them twice last year by Avon, but only lost 3 games that season. They finished in the Top 15 in the state but granted Avon was their only top 10 competition I believe.
the league and schools Piferi competes against in SO-CAL are WAY superior to anyone HJ ever competed against in IN. The guy he shared time w/at QB last year at Villa Park (Illingsworth) is being recruited by everyone in country (think Ryan Mallett on steroids)

Last edited:
Did any of those 20 better offenses have a walk on and a former QB as their top targets? Drops killed Purdue last year. The WRs were completely outmatched. That is going to change with the added redshirt freshmen and true freshmen. Offense should be much better.

No, and I agree we’ll improve this year. But meanwhile Clemson, Oklahoma, Ok St, etc are scoring at will, AND winning 9+ games. So don’t assume we’ll always get the top rated QBs just because we win 7 games...

Again, I think Piferi and Plummer are fine. Brohm turned two mediocre QBs at WKU into NFL draft picks, and our QBs should at least be as talented as Mike White. I think it’ll be a few years (if ever) before we look at our roster and think the qb is holding us back

No, and I agree we’ll improve this year. But meanwhile Clemson, Oklahoma, Ok St, etc are scoring at will, AND winning 9+ games. So don’t assume we’ll always get the top rated QBs just because we win 7 games...

Again, I think Piferi and Plummer are fine. Brohm turned two mediocre QBs at WKU into NFL draft picks, and our QBs should at least be as talented as Mike White. I think it’ll be a few years (if ever) before we look at our roster and think the qb is holding us back

The key is the two guys Brohm tabbed as his (for what we know) highest priority QB’s to run his offense in his first two years...he was able to pull them in. Plummer was known to be Brohm’s first priority and the same for Piferi (from what I have heard). If Brohm made them his priority to run his offense, those are the guys I trust to have the Brohm’s turn them in to very good QB’s. I don’t care if the kids were 2 star players or unranked. QB is the one position I’ll give 100% of recruiting confidence over to Brohm.

Reactions: LonestarBoilerFan
I guess we are spoiled on this board? He's not an elite 11 QB but played with a kid last year that likely will be, Illingsworth. Because he had to share time last season, his stats were not overly impressive. This year could be 3,000 yds and 25 TD's? I agree 4* will be a reach but he absolutely will end up high 3* against great CA HS competion-not Brownsburg -rural IN teams… Piferi is the "real deal" IN BROHM I TRUST!

While I agree with your Brohm assessment, don't post something inaccurate. Brownsburg is a 6A school. In 2017 Brownsburg was rated #9 in the state for all classes (Sagarin).

Brownsburg isn't "rural". They compete in the same conference as Zionsville, Avon, Westfield, Fishers, HSE, Noblesville. Those are all considered Indy-area schools.

I'm not "cheerleading" the 'burg, just interested in accuracy.

While I agree with your Brohm assessment, don't post something inaccurate. Brownsburg is a 6A school. In 2017 Brownsburg was rated #9 in the state for all classes (Sagarin).

Brownsburg isn't "rural". They compete in the same conference as Zionsville, Avon, Westfield, Fishers, HSE, Noblesville. Those are all considered Indy-area schools.

This is off topic, but here we go anyway.

Brownsburg is a suburb, but out of every other suburb you listed, it's the most rural. You got one main way coming in from Indy with some twisty turny side options. Lots of farms, cows, horses. We do, however, have a starbucks. But until we add our own Chik-fil-A, I don't know that we have quite made it. (Just built a Mcalisters/Scotty's/and a Qdoba is on the way. The Qdoba has been under construction for seemingly forever so maybe it's just a sign and an empty building to get people's hopes up).

Brownsburg is growing because of their school system. It's also the most affordable of the group you mentioned. Doesn't have the big shopping area of Avon and isn't near Hamilton town center like Westfield. Zionsville has the big new shopping area (Meijer and some strip malls) in Whitestown (which i frequent because it's so much better than Walmart). Zionsville also has that Carmel area st 116 and Michigan.

Most of the time, outside of general shopping at the Kroger, we drive down to Avon or up to traders point in Indy (86th and 465).

If that group, Fishers is the least rural. Lots of brand new shopping options and a stones throw from Castleton. Noblesville/Avon are right behind Fishers. Westfield and Zionsville are a little further back. Then Brownsburg is trailing. Now, none of this is backed by any research or numbers, just from what I have observed living in the area.

Carmel dwarfs all the others and to be honest, could probably get away with 2 high schools (nowhere to put the second one though). Even further off topic, Carmel is talking about closing two elementary schools. Their middle schools and high school are pushed to capacity though.

Reactions: krf3632
This is off topic, but here we go anyway.

Brownsburg is a suburb, but out of every other suburb you listed, it's the most rural. You got one main way coming in from Indy with some twisty turny side options. Lots of farms, cows, horses. We do, however, have a starbucks. But until we add our own Chik-fil-A, I don't know that we have quite made it. (Just built a Mcalisters/Scotty's/and a Qdoba is on the way. The Qdoba has been under construction for seemingly forever so maybe it's just a sign and an empty building to get people's hopes up).

Brownsburg is growing because of their school system. It's also the most affordable of the group you mentioned. Doesn't have the big shopping area of Avon and isn't near Hamilton town center like Westfield. Zionsville has the big new shopping area (Meijer and some strip malls) in Whitestown (which i frequent because it's so much better than Walmart). Zionsville also has that Carmel area st 116 and Michigan.

Most of the time, outside of general shopping at the Kroger, we drive down to Avon or up to traders point in Indy (86th and 465).

If that group, Fishers is the least rural. Lots of brand new shopping options and a stones throw from Castleton. Noblesville/Avon are right behind Fishers. Westfield and Zionsville are a little further back. Then Brownsburg is trailing. Now, none of this is backed by any research or numbers, just from what I have observed living in the area.

Carmel dwarfs all the others and to be honest, could probably get away with 2 high schools (nowhere to put the second one though). Even further off topic, Carmel is talking about closing two elementary schools. Their middle schools and high school are pushed to capacity though.

I drove by BHS not long ago. There's a significant addition going on. From what I hear, enrollment is expected to explode in the coming years. Wouldn't surprise me to see another HS put on the drawing board. Lots of room for growth N and W of town.

I remember quite a few years ago, Avon didn't have all the shopping it has now. That place is a mess to drive through. Getting to Indy from Noblesville can be maddening. The Fishers area is constantly congested.

Not long ago I priced homes in all those areas, and Avon/Brownsburg is really, really attractive. Nice school systems, too.

All nice areas, it all just depends what you're looking for. "More rural" really just translates to "more growth", IMHO. For the sake of residents of BB, I hope it's well planned.

I think the point is, HS football competition as a whole, is going to be much better in CA, TX and FL than it will in IN. Even at the larges schools in IN, the players are not as good as in some of those other states.
Similar to the way HS hoops in IN is better than all those states in hoops.

I drove by BHS not long ago. There's a significant addition going on. From what I hear, enrollment is expected to explode in the coming years. Wouldn't surprise me to see another HS put on the drawing board. Lots of room for growth N and W of town.

I remember quite a few years ago, Avon didn't have all the shopping it has now. That place is a mess to drive through. Getting to Indy from Noblesville can be maddening. The Fishers area is constantly congested.

Not long ago I priced homes in all those areas, and Avon/Brownsburg is really, really attractive. Nice school systems, too.

All nice areas, it all just depends what you're looking for. "More rural" really just translates to "more growth", IMHO. For the sake of residents of BB, I hope it's well planned.

They attempted to raise taxes 2 years ago for the school system and it got voted down. Having two kids, I voted for it. They are redoing a wing of BHS, but I don't think they are adding much if anything. All of the schools desperately need additions and updates. Not near big enough to add another high school, but could add another wing. Our neighborhood is pretty new and it seems like a very late percentage have kids under 10. As crime continues to go up in Indy and new businesses and shopping areas move in, it will grow. It is just growing slower than Noblesville, Zionsville, Avon, Fishers, Carmel (although it has to cap out eventually right?), Westfield, Plainfield. The Big place to watch is Whitestown. Great location, easy access to the interstates and tons of room to grow. We looked there and I regret not picking it because of the property value growth.

I think the point is, HS football competition as a whole, is going to be much better in CA, TX and FL than it will in IN. Even at the larges schools in IN, the players are not as good as in some of those other states.
Similar to the way HS hoops in IN is better than all those states in hoops.

I would agree about the competition, because of the numbers. The best players in IN are just as good as the best players in other states. There's just not as many of them.

IN football has come a long, long way over the past 25 years, and the talent continues to get better.

I agree, HS football in Indy has improved over the years. There are some very good teams in 5A and 6A. Very good players. I like the fact that Brohm is developing relationships with the coaches so maybe some will go to Purdue.

Reactions: krf3632
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT