ADVERTISEMENT

QB commit

What do we know about Mr Browne ? (Not Mr Brownstone)
"Coach Brian Brohm has told me what separated me to him is my story. Started high school in Michigan, COVID moved me to Florida and I won a state championship after moving. Under recruited and chose to go to prep school. He said he loves that I bet on myself and that it showed a lot of grit. They are very impressed by my work ethic and believe I fit exactly into what Purdue is all about."

Browne is expected to be a mid-year enrollee.

"Preparation and grit is what defines me as a person and I think it translates really well to the field," Browne said In describing himself as a quarterback. "I’m always ready for what the defense gives me and I always have a solution. I’m a very smart player and can pick teams apart part by taking what they give me. I think the work ethic and grit I have helps with that because I will not be denied and am a very determined person. I’m extremely competitive and that drives me to be the best player I can be every day."

Browne held a slew of smaller offers but was also fielding Interest from Wisconsin, Florida State and others.

Looks to be a bit under rated. Not sure how that happens when you are the Florida 8A player of the year and runner up Mr. Football in that state. Anyway, welcome Ryan!

Looks like FSU was interested as well. Interesting that he wasn't picked up sooner. Apparently he split time with another guy his junior year and was the lone guy his senior season in HS. He also reclassified, so that probably impacted things. This is likely a really, really good get for Purdue.

"Well, I was behind a senior my sophomore year in Michigan. I moved down here and split time my junior year. My senior year was my first year where I was really the guy and got to show what I could do. Obviously had a great year and chose to go into prep coming off of the film and stats I put out. I think people found me when they already had 22s, and people had 23s ahead of me at the time I reclassified."

"I’m hearing from Florida State, but schools I’m hearing from outside of my current offers right now are Wisconsin and Purdue. I have also spoken with Boston College, Michigan State, and Penn State recently."

He supposedly attended Brohm’s football camp last year, so Brohm was familiar with his skills and abilities! The player is from Michigan, so Purdue would be a good fit! Obviously he’s not a 5 star rated recruit because he attended prep school. He looks like a good and smart signing.

Might be hard to recruit a 4* QB right now when many people expect Brady Allen to be a 4-year starter. If Alaimo was not ready to seize the 2nd string QB from Burton this season… I am beginning to wonder if he will ever play meaningful minutes at QB for Purdue. I fully expect Allen to be the starter next year. That might be premature to say- and there are always injuries to take into account- but I think starting next season Allen is the week 1 starter for 4 straight seasons.

Might be hard to recruit a 4* QB right now when many people expect Brady Allen to be a 4-year starter. If Alaimo was not ready to seize the 2nd string QB from Burton this season… I am beginning to wonder if he will ever play meaningful minutes at QB for Purdue. I fully expect Allen to be the starter next year. That might be premature to say- and there are always injuries to take into account- but I think starting next season Allen is the week 1 starter for 4 straight seasons.
Definitely difficult to recruit a guy with a Jr and RS freshman being the likely starter. I think this kid could be a diamond in the rough. He’s likely to RS unless major injuries happen.

Alaimo and Allen both could be pretty good. If Allen is the guy, Alaimo is likely gone in the portal. That would also produce a big time numbers problem at the position. I’m glad to have this guy. 4 is probably a good number of scholarship players to have on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT