ADVERTISEMENT

Putin waited

You're an idiot. You don't understand NATO funding anymore than trump does.
I’ve tried to avoid the name calling but what makes you a negotiation expert let alone NATO authority? At least I’m smart enough to understand Trump forced NATO’s hand by making them step up and pay more of their share and get off the US gravy train. It’s embarrassing Germany paid very little of their GDP while Poland paid more than their fair share

Weak NATO. US ->how many billions?

$54 Billion?

Yes.

EDIT - Its around $55

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT
The US is still a member because trump didn't get reelected. Because the current president recognizes the value of a united stand against Russia, and understands that allies, alliances and security help keep America safe and promote democracy. And all of that is more important than cash. America first shouldn't be about money. It should mean we are more secure and prosperous when we work with other democracies to promote peace and take a untitled stand against authoritarian regimes.
RE Still a member. Mister Hyperbole hyperboles.

RE And all of that is more important than cash. Yeah because the poor countries and/or alliances always beat the rich nations/alliances. Sticks and stones are often more powerful than missiles.

RE America first. Why doesn’t America just give all of our money to NATO and the Ukraine. Why $40B? Why not $5T? (or “RE Cash” do we need to send cash because holding hands and singing “Kumbaya” wins wars).

RE Promoting peace. Why hasn’t Biden had a sit down with Putin to “promote” peace?

Are we going to drop $100 Billion on Ukraine?

Where is that money coming from?

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
RE Still a member. Mister Hyperbole hyperboles.

RE And all of that is more important than cash. Yeah because the poor countries and/or alliances always beat the rich nations/alliances. Sticks and stones are often more powerful than missiles.

RE America first. Why doesn’t America just give all of our money to NATO and the Ukraine. Why $40B? Why not $5T? (or “RE Cash” do we need to send cash because holding hands and singing “Kumbaya” wins wars).

RE Promoting peace. Why hasn’t Biden had a sit down with Putin to “promote” peace?
The cash was more important than the alliance. The cash was more important than the relationships with the allies. It was all about the money. That's why he brought it up every five minutes. That's why anytime NATO is brought up in any way, some Trumper on here brings up the cash. That's all trump cared about and consequently all you people care about.

You really gonna criticize Biden for not sitting down with Putin? You mean over Ukraine? And you complain about Biden being weak and you think that's what he should do? Pick a freakin lane dude.......and try to reach for something more ridiculous to criticize Biden for.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
The cash was more important than the alliance. The cash was more important than the relationships with the allies. It was all about the money. That's why he brought it up every five minutes. That's why anytime NATO is brought up in any way, some Trumper on here brings up the cash. That's all trump cared about and consequently all you people care about.

You really gonna criticize Biden for not sitting down with Putin? You mean over Ukraine? And you complain about Biden being weak and you think that's what he should do? Pick a freakin lane dude.......and try to reach for something more ridiculous to criticize Biden for.
No, you were saying before that a President should promote peace…so why doesn’t Jimmy Biden have a sit down with Putin (it makes no sense, just like your statement about promoting peace).

From your post above….It should mean we are more secure and prosperous when we work with other democracies to promote peace and take a untitled stand against authoritarian regimes.

Also, you do realize that there are nations in NATO that aren’t democracies, correct?

You're an idiot. You don't understand NATO funding anymore than trump does.
@BuilderBob6 , you calling someone else an Idiot is the funniest post on the entire internet today. Please enlighten us all as to your vast understanding of NATO funding and why you are such a pu$$y that you will never answer me?

Nope. Putin was waiting for Chump to pull the US out of or weaken NATO. Since that didn’t happen, he could not wait any longer.
When you say weaken nato you are aware that when Germany unified we promised them we wouldn’t expand nato eastward right? And for those who think “well it’s not in writing and was never promised”… OOOOOPS.

Yep and probably why NATO denied the Ukraine membership recently.
They never should have expanded that Far East. What would we do if someone else did? Don’t try to act like a good person AND fail to denounce our foreign policy. You and other cnn viewers are not the left. You’re a Republican who likes abortion

Nope. Putin was waiting for Chump to pull the US out of or weaken NATO. Since that didn’t happen, he could not wait any longer.
You blindly believe CNN too much.

Trump was never going to leave NATO. He used that threat as a ploy to get the NATO members to pay the 2% of GDP that they had all agreed upon, to fund their Defense. Under previous administrations, they let it slide and and we picked up the tab. You even had countries like Germany (the wealthiest country in Europe), who had paid less than 1%.

Trump's ploy worked, since the NATO nations paid Billions of dollars that they had been in arrears. Now, with Putin's Ukranian adventure, even Germany has felt the urgency to pay up. His actions strengthened NATO.

Trump got tired of the US paying for other countries' responsibilities and he effectively did something about it. Orange Guy did GOOD!!

Explain what NATO has to do with Ukraine
All the countries on Ukraine's Western border are NATO. Ukraine and NATO have been doing a dance for some time now about Ukraine potentially becoming a member. Putin does not want a NATO member on his Southern border, which is one of the reasons he invaded.

The NATO countries are pouring aid into Ukraine, since if it falls to Russia, a lot of NATO nations will be sharing a border with a hostile nation.

Now Norway and Sweden are applying for NATO membership, since they're concerned about Putin's land grab. Since Putin is NOT afraid of Corn Pop, he is a threat for 2.5 more years.

By threatening to pull out and being constantly at odds with the members. He said several times he saw no need for NATO.

European countries were already incessing their defense spending after Crimea. And there was already an agreement for every NATO country to 2% by 2024.

He didn't even understand how NATO funding worked, saying Europe owed us money.

Publicly criticiding NATO repeatedly, questioning the need for it and threatening to pull out didn't weaken NATO and embolden Russia?
Your TDS is showing Bob.

Trump used a hardball negotiating tactic to get NATO's attention. Germany, the wealthiest country in Europe, had paid less that 1% of the agreed upon amount (2% of GDP), when Trump made his proclamation. Essentially he said, "If you're not concerned about your own security, why should the US be?" That's when the bulk of the arrears started coming in.

He never said they owed "us" money, He said that we were picking up the tab for protecting NATO and the NATO nations owed money (based on the agreement) to get their defenses up to speed.

He publicly criticised them and questioning the need for NATO was a means to get the leaders of the NATO nations off their asses to fund their own defense and it worked. Orange Guy did GOOD!!

The US is still a member because trump didn't get reelected. Because the current president recognizes the value of a united stand against Russia, and understands that allies, alliances and security help keep America safe and promote democracy. And all of that is more important than cash. America first shouldn't be about money. It should mean we are more secure and prosperous when we work with other democracies to promote peace and take a untitled stand against authoritarian regimes.
Your post is a combination of TDS and the amazing powers of rationalization. You really do need to seek help, Bob.

So the way to negotiate with the best allies you have in the world is to threaten to not protect them if they are attacked and to pull out of a 70 years old military alliance?

Nobody knows what trump would have done if reelected. You see that as a strength. Our allies see it as America doesn't give a shit about anyone but itself. You're fine with that. So is Putin.
When your "best" allies make an agreement and then don't honor it for decades and and no one holds them accountable, you have to question how good our "best" allies are. Sometimes you have to use a heavy handed approach to shock people into understanding the reality of the situation. NATO got lulled into a false sense of security, as we carried the big stick and they let us provide security for them. Trump merely let them know that if they didn't hold up their end of the agreement, then there was no benefit in the US remaining in the organization.

It was a message that should have been sent decades ago, but we've had too many spineless politicians in the WH, who were afraid to offend the sensibilities of our allies, so we let them take advantage of us. Trump sent the message that needed to be sent and it was received and our allies are finally meeting their responsibilities. It's a Win - Win and you can thank Trump for accomplishing something that others kept kicking down the road.

Step back as Bob's head explodes...LOL

It’s just a few extras dollars out of Build Back Better
If Biden had his way with Build Back Better and the $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, which was only 9% actual infrastructure, he would have amassed over $6 Trillion in debt in his first year.

Is there any way that we can get the message to DC that SPENDING IS OUT OF CONTROL?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Yep and probably why NATO denied the Ukraine membership recently.
Turkey was the loudest voice against Ukraine joining NATO. I'm getting more concerned about Turkey being in NATO, since they seem to be straddling a fence between NATO and Russia right now. I'm starting to wonder id Turkey is a Trojan horse in NATO?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Turkey was the loudest voice against Ukraine joining NATO. I'm getting more concerned about Turkey being in NATO, since they seem to be straddling a fence between NATO and Russia right now. I'm starting to wonder id Turkey is a Trojan horse in NATO?
Perhaps.

I'd be all for dumping Turkey if that is what it takes to get Sweden and Finland in. It is questionable whether Turkey in it's present state (suppression of minorities within it's borders, lack of press or institutional freedom, etc) would even qualify for admission to NATO if they were applying today.

Your TDS is showing Bob.

Trump used a hardball negotiating tactic to get NATO's attention. Germany, the wealthiest country in Europe, had paid less that 1% of the agreed upon amount (2% of GDP), when Trump made his proclamation. Essentially he said, "If you're not concerned about your own security, why should the US be?" That's when the bulk of the arrears started coming in.

He never said they owed "us" money, He said that we were picking up the tab for protecting NATO and the NATO nations owed money (based on the agreement) to get their defenses up to speed.

He publicly criticised them and questioning the need for NATO was a means to get the leaders of the NATO nations off their asses to fund their own defense and it worked. Orange Guy did GOOD!!
I was gonna let your lies go because you really aren't worth the time it takes to type this message. But your arrogant ass attitude needs to be called out.

Here's a quote where he said they owed us money. What's your excuse for lying this time?

"Many countries (in NATO) owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them."

He's implied it many more times, saying NATO countries owe NATO money and we have been covering for them and it's not fair to Americans taxpayers.

NATO funding doesn't even work that way. Four freakin years and he still doesn't understand what the money is even for. Then you idiots act like he has some grand negotiation tactic when he doesn't EVEN UNDERSTANDING how the funding works. More America first victimization. The only thing he understands is cash, he could give a flying fack about article 4 or the relationship with the best allies we have.

Give us our damn money.......which they don't owe us.....or even owe NATO.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I was gonna let your lies go because you really aren't worth the time it takes to type this message. But your arrogant ass attitude needs to be called out.
GD @BuilderBob6 , you owe me a beer! The one I was drinking came out through my nose when I read what you had posted! That's the funniest damn line on the entire internet this week when taken into the context of seen your post for the last 6 yrs.

What is it like in your world BuilderBob?

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG

Here's a quote where he said they owed us money. What's your excuse for lying this time?

"Many countries (in NATO) owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them."

He's implied it many more times, saying NATO countries owe NATO money and we have been covering for them and it's not fair to Americans taxpayers.

NATO funding doesn't even work that way. Four freakin years and he still doesn't understand what the money is even for. Then you idiots act like he has some grand negotiation tactic when he doesn't EVEN UNDERSTANDING how the funding works. More America first victimization. The only thing he understands is cash, he could give a flying fack about article 4 or the relationship with the best allies we have.

Give us our damn money.......which they don't owe us.....or even owe NATO.
The entire rest of your post is bullsh*t as well but I was laughing so hard at the first part I didnt even read it all the first time . Well done @BuilderBob6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT