ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue would be wise to open stadium

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Now that football is back, and I have said this before, Purdue could lead the country by opening the stadium 100%.

Make it clear that each fan is responsible for their own protection and accepts all responsibility. Leave it up to the market place to decide but I think people from all over the country will travel to Purdue to watch their team play (or watch a game period) when they can't do so locally.

But no doubt they will screw it up and allow no fans.

Now that football is back, and I have said this before, Purdue could lead the country by opening the stadium 100%.

Make it clear that each fan is responsible for their own protection and accepts all responsibility. Leave it up to the market place to decide but I think people from all over the country will travel to Purdue to watch their team play (or watch a game period) when they can't do so locally.

Let's not rely on the intelligence of sports fans to prevent the spread of a pandemic.... They can only "accept responsibility" for themselves. If they contract Covid-19 and spread it to others before they find out, then I highly doubt they'd be "accepting responsibility" for that..

Wonderful idea! Surely this will maximize personal freedoms as is our duty as Americans!!!

The only people risking danger besides the willing fans would be the doctors (heros) that will treat them should these brave fans fall ill. To this dilemma, I believe a simple waiver could solve the issue. All fans sign a waiver prohibiting them from visiting hospitals should they get sick as to protect anyone else from the virus. Problem solved!!! If only the Big Ten officials could make rational decisions such as this!

Ingenius idea Mr. Woodsa!! Please post more around here!

Even before the announcment, Bobinksi said that one of the barriers to restarting was getting all teams to agree to do things the same and fan attendance was one of those things. So sorry, no.

Also, if you've spent more than 10 seconds on campus this year you'd know that personal freedoms are not the priority right now.

Reactions: cidsports

It's time for science to win over fear.

Well we know IU is safe to open their stadium because no one will show up anyway :D

well, they do draw some visitors...

l.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT